Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   all hippies smell like patchouli (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=76919)

bruceolee 01-22-2022 04:26 PM

all hippies smell like patchouli

I know it's a provocative title but i was in the doctors office the other day and this elderly flower child came to an office with "no perfume" signs everywhere smelling like patchouli although smelling like it doesn't adequately describe it. she reeked of it. the horrible part was they complained to her but let her stay despite the signs. So next time i'm bringing some axe body spray just in case she shows up. better yet i'll do a throwback to my teenage years and buy a bottle of drakkar noir and hit her with it. I cannot adequately describe how badly she smelled and she thought it smelt great.

seriously in my younger years when i wasn't a christian i would've done that but not anymore. Now i try to give an ounce of Grace. God bless you all!

Chainsaw13 01-22-2022 04:31 PM

Re: all hippies smell like patchouli

Ugh, that’s horrible smelling stuff. And you’re right, when they put it on, they use enough for multiple people.

Reminds me of a woman I worked with at one of my first IT jobs years ago. The perfume she wore was rather pungent. You could smell her before she entered the room and long after she left. Didn’t help our offices were in the basement of and old bank in downtown Detroit. Not the greatest ventilation.

Tio Gato 01-22-2022 04:54 PM

I had hired a girl that wore patchouli. I had never smelled it before. I thought it was because she owned a horse. Thinking she must sleep with the thing. P fn U!

gravel 01-22-2022 09:10 PM

As a native of the Northern California coast, I got used to the smell of patchouli. A lot of people wore it in the coastal towns I lived/frequented.

T.G 01-23-2022 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceolee (Post 2228888)
So next time i'm bringing some axe body spray just in case she shows up. better yet i'll do a throwback to my teenage years and buy a bottle of drakkar noir and hit her with it.

This bloke's method would be _way_ more effective...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73d6h_go7QI

The Poet 01-23-2022 06:44 AM

I recently read that the masculine version of "Karen" is "Ken". :D

TXRebel 01-23-2022 08:12 AM

It's to cover up the smell of the MJ she was smoking

Wharf Rat 01-23-2022 10:59 AM

Hey, I’m an old hippy. Thank you for your pleasant post.

Dave128 01-23-2022 05:29 PM

My (ex)girlfriend has a body lotion that has patchouli in it. It's pretty subtle and I liked it a lot.

Weelok 01-23-2022 07:51 PM

Drakkar Noir!!!!!!

I used that LOL. Maybe a third of it anyway.

Now I go cigar and coffee breath.

Chainsaw13 01-23-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weelok (Post 2228946)
Drakkar Noir!!!!!!

I used that LOL. Maybe a third of it anyway.

Now I go cigar and coffee breath.

I may or may not have had a bottle of DK back in high school. Was never in the Polo camp. Remember those two being the hot colognes at the time.

icehog3 01-24-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 2228950)
I may or may not have had a bottle of DK back in high school. Was never in the Polo camp. Remember those two being the hot colognes at the time.

I'm old, I wore Stetson in HS.

Never been a fan of the patchouli. Sharp, smells like it's trying to cover up a lack of bathing.

bruceolee 01-24-2022 09:19 AM

Drakkar Noir was the Hai Karate of the 90's

mosesbotbol 01-25-2022 08:34 PM

There are plenty of high end perfumes and fragrances that use patchouli and it smells lovely. Not dirty hippy smelling at all.

Here is a highly recommended one: Monsieur Frederic Malle

bonjing 01-25-2022 09:56 PM

We have a dude that alternates between bo and wet towel smell. He also is known for scratching his crotch and sniffing his fingers. I’ve seent it with my own eyes. I’ve also seen this dude double fisting it while behind another person, pointed it out to my coworker and we had a good laugh. He’s also been know and seen having conversations with both men and women while scratching his crotch.

T.G 01-25-2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 2229099)
We have a dude that alternates between bo and wet towel smell. He also is known for scratching his crotch and sniffing his fingers. I’ve seent it with my own eyes. I’ve also seen this dude double fisting it while behind another person, pointed it out to my coworker and we had a good laugh. He’s also been know and seen having conversations with both men and women while scratching his crotch.

Dude... you work in a post office.