Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Suggestion for Herf-a-dor humidity (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55318)

Big Maduro 04-26-2012 10:35 PM

Suggestion for Herf-a-dor humidity

I picked up a Herf a dor x40. For extended trips (week) or so. What humidification would you use? I'm thinking of Heartfeld small round container. The x40 has four layers of foam. Would I need two? Or would you recomend something else

pnoon 04-26-2012 10:38 PM

Re: Suggestion for Herf-a-dor humidity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Maduro (Post 1625851)
I picked up a Herf a dor x40. For extended trips (week) or so. What humidification would you use? I'm thinking of Heartfeld small round container. The x40 has four layers of foam. Would I need two? Or would you recomend something else

For a week or two, no humidification device is really needed. But if you must, I would use a small tube (1 oz or 2oz) of beads that would occupy one of the cigar slots.

:2

Big Maduro 04-26-2012 10:48 PM

I suspected as much,but I wanted to check. Thanks for the feedback. Mike

dunng 04-27-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1625853)
For a week or two, no humidification device is really needed. But if you must, I would use a small tube (1 oz or 2oz) of beads that would occupy one of the cigar slots.

Agreed, usually don't bother for a week or so trip. :tu

Blak Smyth 04-27-2012 05:53 AM

I have a small tube of beads I keep in my cooler and just through it in my travel humi when I take it but like some have stated, prolly not nesscesary for a short trip. When I went to California last year I was gone just over a week without humidification and everything was fine.

abanytime 04-27-2012 07:39 AM

I agee with what's been said here. I've also used a single Boveda pack for a short period of time.

Big Maduro 04-27-2012 08:15 AM

Thanks everyone. Sounds like a winner. I don't know why I got the 40. I usually don't have more than that many in my humi. It was 28.00 on auction and I was picking up some sticks anyway. Fiqure it might come in handy.

pnoon 04-27-2012 08:17 AM

If your interest/obsession grows like it has for many of us, you will be glad yo got the 40 count.
Posted via Mobile Device

Big Maduro 04-27-2012 08:21 AM

Lol, My interest is plenty healthy. My wallet just isn't right now. But it's good to plan for the futur like you say. :dr

NCRadioMan 04-27-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1626042)
If your interest/obsession grows like it has for many of us, you will be glad yo got the 40 count.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep! Take the foam out and you can easily fit 100 cigars in there.

I keep cigars in mine year round and have never used humidification. No problems.

eber 04-27-2012 11:04 AM

I just purchased a 65$ Boveda pack for mine, I put it on the bottom of the box, below the foam and it seems to work just fine. like others have said, your sticks will be fine without one for a while but I like to have some insurance in case I forget about them or get lazy

jjirons69 04-27-2012 02:12 PM

Also, old aluminum tubos with finely poked holes work well. They're the same size as a cigar and need no special housing. Don't get the holes too big. If you do, put the cedar lining back in it and add the beads inside the cedar area.

ApexAZ 04-27-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjirons69 (Post 1626265)
Also, old aluminum tubos with finely poked holes work well. They're the same size as a cigar and need no special housing. Don't get the holes too big. If you do, put the cedar lining back in it and add the beads inside the cedar area.

That's a great and resourceful idea!

Emjaysmash 04-27-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eber (Post 1626142)
I just purchased a 65$ Boveda pack for mine

That boveda pack better sing your cigars lullabies for that price!!

:r :r

Fia 04-27-2012 03:35 PM

These are cool and dont take up any space in your travel humi.

http://heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=36

eber 04-27-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash (Post 1626311)
That boveda pack better sing your cigars lullabies for that price!!

:r :r

your bovedas don't do that?...

Big Maduro 04-27-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

These are cool and dont take up any space in your travel humi.

http://heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=36
That's pretty cool I've never seen those.

Fia 04-27-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Maduro (Post 1626460)
That's pretty cool I've never seen those.

Yes I think they are cool too but I never really had a need for that living in hawaii. I really dont use my travel humidors for any long term storage. Of course, it would go well inside a coolerdoor lid too.

dwoodward 04-28-2012 05:47 PM

I have a medium heartfelt stick in my x40 humidor. It's just about the exact size of a cigar so it fits nicely right inside of one of the foam ridges.

gnbikes 04-28-2012 07:50 PM

I have one of the Hartfelt sheets in mine. Worked fine on our trip to Vegas last month, the rest of the time I don't worry about it...
G-