Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Altadis Sampler??? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3852)

Dgar 11-10-2008 03:10 PM

Altadis Sampler???

I just picked up my mail to find, a free sampler from Altadis.

Now I'm a newbiew to pipes and tobacco so maybe I'm missing something here, but I just recieved three boxes, that all say Jewels, and have a nice picture of a hooka on the box. I thought i would recieve pipe tobacco, does anyone actually smoke this stuff in there briars... Mixed Berries, Mixed Fruit, and double apple. I havent taken the seal off the box, and this stuff is very aeromatic....

Python 11-10-2008 03:34 PM

Re: Altadis Sampler???

No, do not smoke hookah tobacco in a pipe. It has a lot of syrup on the tobacco and it could cause problems (ghosting, gook, etc.) with a tobacco pipe.

petewho 11-10-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Python (Post 62128)
No, do not smoke hookah tobacco in a pipe. It has a lot of syrup on the tobacco and it could cause problems (ghosting, gook, etc.) with a tobacco pipe.

Just like their aromatic pipe tobaccos! :r

Dgar 11-10-2008 04:18 PM

:eek: Update: No worries, this stuff is out on the backporch now, the smell was to strong for me, I had to get it out of the house. Man... if somone puts a match to this stuff...its going to smell a mile away. You could smell this stuff through the envelope, I bet the postman is cussing me... my mailbox still smells like berries.

Commander Quan 11-10-2008 04:28 PM

I've tried the Honey and Mixed Berry Jewels tobacco in my Hookah, and no, you wouldn't want to put it in a briar. My B&M sells the 50 gram boxes for $2.50

Hydrated 11-10-2008 07:31 PM

Did you go to their website to get a free pipe tobacco sample? If I remember right, their site has a place to click for Shisha type hookah samples too. You may have clicked the wrong one...

peter_c 11-10-2008 07:53 PM

I asked for the free sample also, I am curious to see what I get

peter_c 11-17-2008 04:03 PM

I recieved my free sample today. I got Fox & hound, Irish creme, rum & maple and Almondine. Any thoughts on these?

TheTraveler 11-18-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter_c (Post 73149)
I recieved my free sample today. I got Fox & hound, Irish creme, rum & maple and Almondine. Any thoughts on these?

I received the same four samples. I didn't like the Almondine or Irish Creme at all. I liked the Rum and Maple enough to pick up some more. The Fox & Hound was my favorite of all the samples - I would definitely pick up more of it in the future.

I think the Fox & Hound was well-balanced. This blend contains quite an assortment of tobaccos - Burley, Virginia, Latakia, Perique, Turkish. I think the balance between all these was dead on. I really enjoyed it.

peter_c 11-22-2008 09:01 AM

I tried the turkish, didn't really care for it much. I am planning on trying the Rum and Mape tonight.

imthegoal 12-01-2008 09:57 PM

I am still waiting for my sampler. It has been over a month now.

DrDubzz 12-09-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthegoal (Post 95411)
I am still waiting for my sampler. It has been over a month now.

same here, maybe 6 weeks or so at this point... not that I think I'm missing out, but new baccies are always fun

webjunkie 12-10-2008 06:31 PM

Still waiting here as well. I'd sorta forgotten about it. If they show up then it'll be a nice surprise. If they don't, well no skin off my nose.