Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Second Firearm Thread... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70487)

HK3- 03-07-2016 04:02 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhailey (Post 2078130)
My first AR. I'm looking forward to taking this out to the range.

Very cool. Take her to the range and get her broke in.

G G 03-08-2016 07:44 AM

Just got the call, M&P Shield has arrived at my FFL.

Remo 03-08-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G G (Post 2078448)

Go get it :tu

Chainsaw13 03-08-2016 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G G (Post 2078448)

:noon:noon:noon

Remo 03-08-2016 07:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 16668

Found my next gun, PWS Diablo SBR

G G 03-08-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 2078449)
Go get it :tu

I did. 2 seconds after I posted it was there. On duty too, so I drove to town in the ambulance like a BOSS and got it.:tu

Steve 03-08-2016 11:09 AM

:banger :banger

Quote:

Originally Posted by G G (Post 2078481)
I did. 2 seconds after I posted it was there. On duty too, so I drove to town in the ambulance like a BOSS and got it.:tu

G G 03-08-2016 04:03 PM

First thoughts on the M&P Shield. I got it outta the box and this thing feels good in the hand, I already had pawed one in a local store but only for a minute. It does seem pretty stiff on the slide but I am sure after some rounds that will loosen up some. Although it comes with a 6 round flush fit and a 7 round extended magazine, I made the choice to go ahead and get two extra 6 round flush fit because I intend to carry this as a BUG or in a pocket and the smaller the better, and I also like to carry two spare mags. Almost all of my fingers are sore from loading up the mags because DANG those springs are stiff. I also had already bought a Desantis Superfly pocket holster for it and I like that holster. It is very sticky on the sides and it also has a velcro piece that covers the whole pistol in a pocket. You can also remove the piece for a front pocket type carry. I have carried a Beretta Tomcat .32 in a Don Hume leather pocket holster for a while in the cargo pocket of BDU type pants and even though the Shield is bigger than the Tomcat it doesn't seem to be as heavy in the pocket. The superfly holster holds the gun upright in the pocket very well. It will probably be a few days before I get to shoot it but i think I love it already.

Brian D. 03-08-2016 08:00 PM

Last weekend I picked up an M&P 9mm full size with the VTAC sights. That model also seems to include an upgraded trigger/sear package. Will never warm up to the flat dark earth finish but the sights and better internals are quite nice.

Got it low miles used from a new friend at a very good price. It shoots lights out dead on. The enhanced trigger pull accounts for a lot of that.

G G 03-13-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 2078548)
Last weekend I picked up an M&P 9mm full size with the VTAC sights. That model also seems to include an upgraded trigger/sear package. Will never warm up to the flat dark earth finish but the sights and better internals are quite nice.

Got it low miles used from a new friend at a very good price. It shoots lights out dead on. The enhanced trigger pull accounts for a lot of that.

Awesome Brian.

I picked up the shield last Tuesday and haven't really had a chance to shoot it til now. I just had time to shoot a couple mags, but I gotta say that the recoil on the .40 Shield wasn't as much as I expected after reading about it in various places. It is well manageable, will take a little getting used to since I am using the 6 round mags since concealability as a BUG is what I got it for. I am used to shooting my S&W E Series 1911 45 for the last several years and haven't had a short gripped gun in a while. I don't think it will be a problem though as the gun feels like it was made for my hand even with the flush fit mags.

HK3- 03-15-2016 02:56 PM

Anyone have any new stuff in the hopper or in their sites?

Looking at getting one of the limited run Colt nineteen-03 general officer models 32acp they redid and a regular old m1911a1 made by the same company.

Stevez 03-16-2016 12:02 PM

Love to hear your thoughts on the nineteen 03 if you do go that route. I'm researching now getting the nineteen 11 defender model in .45 caliber. Have always wanted one as the full size 1911 I have isn't a good CC option. I love it, but don't want to carry it. Been packing away a few bucks here and there to get it and I'm real close.

HK3- 03-18-2016 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevez (Post 2079705)
Love to hear your thoughts on the nineteen 03 if you do go that route. I'm researching now getting the nineteen 11 defender model in .45 caliber. Have always wanted one as the full size 1911 I have isn't a good CC option. I love it, but don't want to carry it. Been packing away a few bucks here and there to get it and I'm real close.

I should be picking it up in a couple more weeks and will report back when I receive it.

Defenders are nice. Those little mustangs are nice also. Laughing at the stashing away because I do the same. ;) We call it she money, money she don't know about. :r

Picked up two double barrels yesterday off a guy. Didn't need them but the price was right so I made the purchase. One is a Crescent and the other is a Springfield Stevens I think. Both are pre 1930's and all of the metal is in good shape. The stocks on the other hand….one has a crack and the other may just be loose.

Stevez 03-18-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK3- (Post 2079901)
I should be picking it up in a couple more weeks and will report back when I receive it.

Defenders are nice. Those little mustangs are nice also. Laughing at the stashing away because I do the same. ;) We call it she money, money she don't know about. :r

Picked up two double barrels yesterday off a guy. Didn't need them but the price was right so I made the purchase. One is a Crescent and the other is a Springfield Stevens I think. Both are pre 1930's and all of the metal is in good shape. The stocks on the other hand….one has a crack and the other may just be loose.

Love that; now I have a name for my stash: "she money". She wanted me to get a hobby and I did. But, she doesn't want me to fund it! She has trouble seeing the investment potential. Guess it's like me not seeing the investment potential in her decoration ideas.

HK3- 03-19-2016 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevez (Post 2079946)
Love that; now I have a name for my stash: "she money". She wanted me to get a hobby and I did. But, she doesn't want me to fund it! She has trouble seeing the investment potential. Guess it's like me not seeing the investment potential in her decoration ideas.

:r:r:r:r

Remo 04-11-2016 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Need some info. from you gun guys, any idea the value (ballpark) of a complete AR10 .308 Maten upper? Barrel, muzzle brake, rails, complete bolt carrier group and charging handle. Again, ballpark figure.

dijit 04-12-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 2082706)
Need some info. from you gun guys, any idea the value (ballpark) of a complete AR10 .308 Maten upper? Barrel, muzzle brake, rails, complete bolt carrier group and charging handle. Again, ballpark figure.

I can look as soon as I get home. Not familiar with prices on Maten.

Stevez 04-12-2016 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just purchased a Colt Defender, 1911 3 inch, semi-automatic. Don't have it in my hands yet, but it's on it's way. I settled for the .45 caliber. I have the Colt Special Combat, full size, but always wanted this gun for some reason. Easier carry option from what I read, so looking forward to receiving it.

Remo 04-12-2016 08:08 PM

Nice Steve, congrats!!

Sugar44 04-12-2016 09:00 PM

You will can never go wrong with a Colt!