Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Windproof Lighters (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19149)

Steelergar 07-29-2009 09:10 AM

Windproof Lighters

Can anybody make any good recomendations?

kelmac07 07-29-2009 09:16 AM

Re: Windproof Lighters

Cheapest and very reliable....Ronson Jetlite ($ 2.94 at Walmart)!!

King James 07-29-2009 09:17 AM

PB-207 is a fairly well-liked one around here. Lights in pretty much every condition I've encountered

captain53 07-29-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 484777)
Cheapest and very reliable....Ronson Jetlite ($ 2.94 at Walmart)!!

I have been to 3 Super Walmarts and 1 old time Walmart and all told me they do not sell lighters anymore except the Bic Type junk at the counter. Said they used to sell Zippo and Ronson in the jewelry dept but looked there and did not find any. Has anyone found them at Walmart recently?

Pat1075 07-29-2009 09:20 AM

Xikar EX-II for a truly windproof lighter and its a soft flame which I like.

kelmac07 07-29-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain53 (Post 484783)
I have been to 3 Super Walmarts and 1 old time Walmart and all told me they do not sell lighters anymore except the Bic Type junk at the counter. Said they used to sell Zippo and Ronson in the jewelry dept but looked there and did not find any. Has anyone found them at Walmart recently?

Yes...in the aisle that they sell cigarettes. My Walmart has them all the time (Newport News, Va). They usually sell out quick...I buy 5-7 each time I see them. Bought some two weeks ago.

VTDragon 07-29-2009 09:25 AM

If you can't find them locally try their website here

Col. Kurtz 07-29-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Not recently, at any local (to me) Wal-Marts..... Maybe Mac is beating me to them.

Still check every time though.

dubnick 07-29-2009 09:38 AM

I find the Jet lites at CVS

Kreth 07-29-2009 09:43 AM

I love my Jet Lite, but I wouldn't call it windproof. If it's really windy on the golf course, I still need to cup my hand around it.

md4958 07-29-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

you are operating under the assumption that people working at Wal-Mart 1. have a brain and 2. give a chit about what youre looking for.

After being told that they didnt carry them, I found several Jet Lights at the check out aisle. Look at each one, especially the aisle that sells cigs

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubnick (Post 484811)

:tpd: a bit more expensive, but still under $5

NCRadioMan 07-29-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat1075 (Post 484785)
Xikar EX-II for a truly windproof lighter and its a soft flame which I like.

:tpd: These are truly windproof. :tu I know guys that lite their cigarettes while riding down the road on their motorcycles with this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreth (Post 484817)
I love my Jet Lite, but I wouldn't call it windproof. If it's really windy on the golf course, I still need to cup my hand around it.

:tpd: Regular torches like the Jet Lite are wind-resistant. Defiantly not windproof.

My local Wal Mart has lots of the Ronsons. They will be located in the cigarette check-out isle if they have them.

Bubba - NJ 07-29-2009 02:49 PM

I just bought a Blazer PB-207 , works great . Cost is about $42 on www.cigarmony.com . I also have the Blazer insert for my Zippo case , also works great . Cost was about $10 from www.famous-smoke.com .

kelmac07 07-29-2009 03:52 PM

I have three of these...http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1320. They are $ 2.78 (includes s/h) and they work like a champ!! They are shipped from Hong Kong and take about 7-10 days to arrive...but well worth it. I bought one about two months ago..still using it, and it rocks!! So I bought a few more for stand bys.

bobarian 07-29-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 485523)
I have three of these...http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1320. They are $ 2.78 (includes s/h) and they work like a champ!! They are shipped from Hong Kong and take about 7-10 days to arrive...but well worth it. I bought one about two months ago..still using it, and it rocks!! So I bought a few more for stand bys.

That model is good for home use but a bit big to keep in your pocket. I recommend this model. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179
The mighty Guangda, have purchased and gifted 30-40 of these in the past couple of years. Great lighters with a large fuel capacity. If you buy 3 they are about $2 each, delivered to your home.

Ronsons feel good in the pocket but you never know how much fuel is left.

PartagasIV 07-29-2009 04:52 PM

Just ordered 10 of the above Guangdas. I'm having a ***** of a time with all three of my lighters recently. (Blazer will spark but won't light, X-tend won't hold fuel/won't light, Colibri is the antithesis of a consistent lighter).

bobarian 07-29-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartagasIV (Post 485612)
Just ordered 10 of the above Guangdas. I'm having a ***** of a time with all three of my lighters recently. (Blazer will spark but won't light, X-tend won't hold fuel/won't light, Colibri is the antithesis of a consistent lighter).

Several ppl have had these going strong for almost 2 years. I have not had to, but I sure would not feel bad if I had to chuck one across the freeway because it stopped working. On the Blazer and X-tend, try moving the little sparker a bit closer to the middle(away from the side), also you can try cleaning the jet part by putting your fuel can in the top.

Mr B 07-29-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 485635)
Several ppl have had these going strong for almost 2 years. I have not had to, but I sure would not feel bad if I had to chuck one across the freeway because it stopped working. On the Blazer and X-tend, try moving the little sparker a bit closer to the middle(away from the side), also you can try cleaning the jet part by putting your fuel can in the top.

Bob, thanks for the tip of "putting the fuel can on the top" to clean it out. That just worked wonders for my Old Reliable. She's over 5 years old and still kickin.

:eevis 07-29-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubnick (Post 484811)

X2

PartagasIV 07-29-2009 06:31 PM

Fuel can in top worked for Blazer, sort of...on the Xtend, it just refuses to accept fuel even after purging. I don't know what to do short of mailing it back to Dupont to take a look at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 485635)