Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Another tragedy strikes CA (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74861)

hotreds 03-06-2019 03:25 PM

Another tragedy strikes CA

Just heard that Kelmac07- Mac from Newport News, Va- passed away earlier today of a massive heart attack. He was only 52 years old! Keep Kelli and family in your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.

The Poet 03-06-2019 03:28 PM

Re: Another tragedy strikes CA

WHAT?!!? Mac is gone?? Now I am completely bummed. All good thoughts and sympathy to his family and friends.

I need to dig through my humidor for the best maduro I have to smoke in his memory.

Chainsaw13 03-06-2019 03:31 PM

Oh no! Sad news for sure. Prayers for his family.

Porch Dweller 03-06-2019 03:33 PM

Very sad to hear that.

jonumberone 03-06-2019 03:40 PM

Devastated .... I have no words

Black Coral 03-06-2019 03:54 PM

Unbelievable I am speechless

Tio Gato 03-06-2019 04:04 PM

Shocking. I'll pray for his loved ones and his soul.

G G 03-06-2019 04:32 PM

Man that took the breath out of me. I surely hate to hear it. Prayers for Kelli. I still have some CAO MX2s that he bombed me a whole box of at Epic several years back. I will smoke one in his honor.:(

longknocker 03-06-2019 04:50 PM

WOW!!! A Great Guy Who Left Us Way Too Early. Prayers Sent.

markem 03-06-2019 04:52 PM

Oh no! Mac is gone? My condolences and prayers for his family. Wow, just wow.

Weelok 03-06-2019 05:01 PM

Ahhhhhh, man, this is really sad news. I will say some prayers for him and his family. Sigh .............

Taki 03-06-2019 05:10 PM

Thoughts and prayers to his family...MAC was a great guy, going to miss his ass!

Mr.Maduro 03-06-2019 05:12 PM

Very sad to hear this terrible news. Prayers sent.

icehog3 03-06-2019 05:17 PM

The first word out of my mouth upon reading this was "****".

Tragic, I'm at a loss for more profound words. Prayers for Kelli and all Mac's friends and family.

Ashcan Bill 03-06-2019 05:32 PM

Aw man. That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for his family.

EricF 03-06-2019 05:34 PM

There are no words to express how floored I was when I heard! My heartfelt condolences to Kelly and the entire family.

I too will dig up a maduro to smoke in his honor!

Rest in peace Mac!!! :usa

Brlesq 03-06-2019 06:07 PM

Very sad news. What a great guy! Prayers for him and his family.

borndead1 03-06-2019 06:42 PM

Sad news. I enjoyed reading his posts. RIP bro.

dijit 03-06-2019 06:48 PM

Wow, completely floored by this bad news.

Godspeed my brother.

Fig_Nasty 03-06-2019 06:49 PM

Never a good thing to hear of a fellow member passing, esp at such a young age. My condolences to his family and loved ones.

RevSmoke 03-06-2019 08:00 PM

Wow!

Prayers ascend for Mac's family... And for all those who loved and cared for him, including the CA community floored by this tragedy.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

T.G 03-06-2019 08:28 PM

WTF? I'm stunned.

My condolences to Kelli and all of those who knew him.

Brian D. 03-06-2019 08:49 PM

Just now saw this. So sorry to read it.

jonumberone 03-07-2019 05:09 AM

Spent the night with Mac and Kellie on my mind. I definitely cried a little, but I mostly laughed, which is a testament to the type of person Mac was.

He was one of the first people I really connected with here.
There is a B&M, that rolls their own cigars close by, and, surprise, Mac liked the maduros.
After finding out he was a fan, in true CA fashion, I packed up and sent my first bomb.
I included a nice little letter, and below my signature I wrote P.S. David Wright is gay.
He got a huge kick out of that, and it really was the catalyst to our friendship as it seemed to blossom from there.

Like many a newbie, I also received my first bomb from Mac, or as he called it, sMACk sauce. His generosity knew no limits, and he truly enjoyed sharing with other BOTLs.
One time while he was at my house, he found out that a new guy was coming over for his first herf. Mac sent the word out and organized the poor bastids destruction. The newb was gifted full boxes of cigars, a full travel humidor, and just 5er after 5er. So much stuff it left him looking like a deer in the headlights, and Mac had as much delight watching it go down as the guy on the receiving end.

There's so many things I'm going to miss about Mac. Our yearly call to each other right before the baseball season starts when he was full of hope for his Mets, and the follow up call 3 weeks later when they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. :r
The in season texts, his hatred of CCs, the doily, the "Maduro Whore" tag line, his colorblindness, his war stories, and his friendship.

Until we meet again, brother.

hotreds 03-07-2019 05:30 AM

Nicely put, Dom! When I saw the phone number calling me I was concerned because I normally don't get calls from Les. But, I was totally floored when I was told what happened. Mac was a special guy, a larger than life personality with a constant twinkle in his eye. He will be greatly missed by not only his family, but also by his many BOTL and SOTL everywhere!

Apoco 03-07-2019 05:56 AM

Oof. Mac will be heavily missed.

mosesbotbol 03-07-2019 06:02 AM

So young, so sad. RIP.

Any memorial set up?

Remo 03-07-2019 06:13 AM

Terrible news, RIP brother. Thoughts to Kelli and all his friends and family.

CigarNut 03-07-2019 07:03 AM

I'm stunned… My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

yourchoice 03-07-2019 07:24 AM

I am at a loss for words. Just a great guy. I'm stunned.

Prayers for Kelli, friends and family.

BigAsh 03-07-2019 07:31 AM

I'm truly at a loss for words...Just "broke balls" with him a few days ago....good natured "Mets suck" texts after the Phillies signed Harper....many great memories, all of which bring a smile in these sad times....RIP my brother

longknocker 03-07-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonumberone (Post 2170851)
Spent the night with Mac and Kellie on my mind. I definitely cried a little, but I mostly laughed, which is a testament to the type of person Mac was.

He was one of the first people I really connected with here.
There is a B&M, that rolls their own cigars close by, and, surprise, Mac liked the maduros.
After finding out he was a fan, in true CA fashion, I packed up and sent my first bomb.
I included a nice little letter, and below my signature I wrote P.S. David Wright is gay.
He got a huge kick out of that, and it really was the catalyst to our friendship as it seemed to blossom from there.

Like many a newbie, I also received my first bomb from Mac, or as he called it, sMACk sauce. His generosity knew no limits, and he truly enjoyed sharing with other BOTLs.
One time while he was at my house, he found out that a new guy was coming over for his first herf. Mac sent the word out and organized the poor bastids destruction. The newb was gifted full boxes of cigars, a full travel humidor, and just 5er after 5er. So much stuff it left him looking like a deer in the headlights, and Mac had as much delight watching it go down as the guy on the receiving end.

There's so many things I'm going to miss about Mac. Our yearly call to each other right before the baseball season starts when he was full of hope for his Mets, and the follow up call 3 weeks later when they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. :r
The in season texts, his hatred of CCs, the doily, the "Maduro Whore" tag line, his colorblindness, his war stories, and his friendship.

Until we meet again, brother.

Thanks For Sharing This, Dom. No One Could Say It Better.

stearns 03-07-2019 07:43 AM

****... used to drive down to newport news on the weekend in college just to herf at his house with the local crew, laughing at his stories of which MLB player was cool and which was an asshole when he would ask for a signature for his wall of signed baseballs

this really ****ing sucks :(

elderboy02 03-07-2019 08:41 AM

****, this took the breath out of me. I never met him in person, but I have chatted with him many times on here.

This is a huge loss. RIP buddy.

Scottw 03-07-2019 08:44 AM

RIP Mac, beyond tragic news

icehog3 03-07-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longknocker (Post 2170867)
Thanks For Sharing This, Dom. No One Could Say It Better.

Agreed. Thank you, Dom.

AdamJoshua 03-07-2019 08:57 AM

I can’t even believe it. Well these a suck feeling for you. Rest In Peace, brother.

GreekGodX 03-07-2019 09:02 AM

RIP Mac. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I’m Glad you shared that Dom.

massphatness 03-07-2019 09:04 AM

I am floored. And speechless. And cannot fathom this.

Coach Deg 03-07-2019 09:33 AM

I was at work when I got the text from Dom last night and had to go outside to catch my breathe. Way too soon to lose such a good guy. Thoughts and prayers to Kelli and family.

Remo 03-07-2019 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 18546

In honor of Mac, who introduced me to these. I still love them.

elderboy02 03-07-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 2170886)
Attachment 18546

Great stick and a great stick in honor of Mac. A true maduro cigar! :tu

croatan 03-07-2019 11:30 AM

Wow. That's just terrible. Mac was a true character and will be missed by many. Our condolences to Kelli and the whole family.

Dom, thanks for that post. I'm pretty sure I have an old maduro laying around somewhere that needs smoking tonight.

Porch Dweller 03-07-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Attachment 18546

Me too. I'm going to have one tonight for him.

RevSmoke 03-07-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Attachment 18546

Right? If I had one left to smoke, I'd fire one up in his honor! Whenever I think of him, that's the cigar.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

BigAsh 03-07-2019 12:37 PM

If nothing else, Mac was a good sport....he was on the recieving end of a lot of jokes....can't forget the (in)famous photoshop contests Dom ran back in the day...
2010: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...&postcount=128
2011: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...&postcount=165

The "Oscar Gamble" still makes me laugh!!

maninblack 03-07-2019 01:29 PM

Sad to hear this news. Mac got me hooked on those great maduros he raved about. Rest easy brother. You'll be missed.

Zane 03-07-2019 01:31 PM

Thoughts and prayers for Kelli and the family. Really really saddened by this. He was the best of us.

irratebass 03-07-2019 01:46 PM

DAMMIT!!!! Never got to meet Mac in person, but we spoke briefly on the phone a couple of times. He was my man when I 1st came here looking for the best Maduros to try. Very sad to hear this. R.I.P. brother.

I still have some sticks he sent me when I was new. Thoughts are with Kelli and his family.

Willem2 03-07-2019 02:19 PM

The news floored me. My condoleances to Kelly and the family.

Rest in peace Mac