Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   San Cristobal Elegancia (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70263)

badbriar 09-19-2015 08:05 PM

San Cristobal Elegancia

Personally, I enjoy almost every San Cristobal out there, except this one. Maybe my taster was screwed up, but this stick was awful. Put it down after about a quarter way through. Expensive and not pleasant at all. May have to try one again at some point, but certainly won't be in any hurry to do so. IMHO, this is one that will make you say you wished you'd picked another cigar!
For a Connecticut wrapper stick, I find Alec Bradley American Classic to be a much better cigar, at half the cost!
;s

WhiteMamba 09-19-2015 08:45 PM

Re: San Cristobal Elegancia

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with that one. these and the my father connecticuts are my favorites right now.

Wharf Rat 09-20-2015 09:25 AM

I find the combination of Connecticut wrapper with Nicaraguan fillers to be questionable. Haven't liked many of them. But I do like the Oliva Conn. Reserve as a change of pace.

dave 09-21-2015 07:17 AM

I like these quite a bit. But then, I'm on the other side of the fence from Wharf Rat. I prefer the EPC New Wave Connecticut, but the Oliva CT and SC Elegencia are quite good, as well. All good morning cigars. Most other CT's are too mild for me.

RJrocker 09-21-2015 09:54 AM

Yeah, I'm with OP, this cigar was not in my wheel house. Thanks for the review!

borndead1 09-26-2015 08:28 PM

Wow, I think these are fantastic.

dijit 09-27-2015 05:58 AM

I have tried them and they are not really in my wheel house either. Not bad just not my what I like. The AB is better and the My Father Connie is the best I have ever had for a connie. I think you may have just gotten a bad one or a young one that needed some good humidor time to mature.

NateMar06 08-24-2016 07:10 PM

I had my first Elegancia today and wasn't pleased at all. Maybe it was me, but the only way I know to describe the taste was of a "green tobacco". I've had several My Father CT and they're one of my favorites right now, so I thought I would try the Elegancia. Maybe I'll try another one sometime.

longknocker 08-25-2016 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave (Post 2054385)
I like these quite a bit. But then, I'm on the other side of the fence from Wharf Rat. I prefer the EPC New Wave Connecticut, but the Oliva CT and SC Elegencia are quite good, as well. All good morning cigars. Most other CT's are too mild for me.

I Agree, Dave!:D EPC New Wave Connecticut Is The Best Connecticut I've Smoked.:tu