Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Signed Tat Black, 1 of 1000 jar and cigars. (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=72765)

Zoomschwortz 03-27-2017 06:46 AM

Signed Tat Black, 1 of 1000 jar and cigars.

Hello,
It's been a long time since I was last here.

My cigar smoking has dropped to one or two handfuls a year and one of my last Herfs was years ago in Seattle at the Vertigo Club when Pete Johnson was there.

Needless to say, I have been out of the cigar loop and have lost touch with cigar values.

Anyone have any idea what a Pete Johnson signed, Tat Black Ceramic Jar, Box and Cigars are worth? 1 of 1000 jars & 19 of 19,000 cigars.

The cigars are still in the foil wrapper, but years ago, I did open the top flap to check on them when someone online felt that they could mold in the foil wrapper. They look fine.

I see that someone has a ceramic jar on ebay for $1250.00:r

I had a few of these when they came out and added a jar and cigars to an auction for the Troops shortly after I acquired them.

I am down to the above jar w/cigars and an empty signed jar, but I don't remember if I still have the box for it.

I originally planned on smoking these cigars when they hit 5 years old and then moved the date to my retirement (which was last October).
Now I am thinking that due to the small amount of smoking I now do and seeing that I have acquired the palate of a goat, it would be foolish to waste these rare cigars on such a diminished palate.

So, anyone have any idea of what these are now worth?

Thanks
Ken

icehog3 03-27-2017 10:12 AM

Re: Signed Tat Black, 1 of 1000 jar and cigars.

Nice to "see" you, Ken. :)

I am out of the loop on NC values, but I'm sure someone here can help.

Zoomschwortz 03-27-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2120088)
Nice to "see" you, Ken. :)

I am out of the loop on NC values, but I'm sure someone here can help.

Great to see that you are still here, but I'm a little disappointed, thought for sure that you would have over a 1/4 million posts by now.:banger

Looks like many of the originals have not posted in a while.
I need to call BillyCigar and setup a visit at the Vertigo Club. Hope PapaJohn is still doing good. I lost touch with them while I was handling my parent's estate.

I hope that all is well for you and yours.

Take care.
Ken

stearns 03-27-2017 11:28 AM

Nice to see ya around Ken, wish I had a better answer for you other than "oh please let it be close to $1250" :r

icehog3 03-28-2017 09:51 AM

Thank you, Ken, and the same to you and yours. :)

Zoomschwortz 03-28-2017 04:34 PM

Thanks Tom and Ben.

I dug out the Blacks to get some pictures and found a box of limited (200 boxes/5000 cigars) edition SODO El Truinfador that Pete Johnson made for his friend John Ohm, owner of J&J Cigars in Seattle.

I t was a pleasant surprise because I thought I had smoked all of the boxes I bought. I really loved the SODOs.

I confess, I was a Tat whore and still covet the few West Coasts I have left.

Anyway, I'll try to post some pictures.

Zoomschwortz 03-28-2017 04:39 PM

Sorry, looks like the pictures did work.
I'll try to figure out what happened.

Zoomschwortz 03-28-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomschwortz (Post 2120190)
Sorry, looks like the pictures did not work.
I'll try to figure out what happened.

Seems the file size is too large and I can't figure out how to reduce the file size on my iPad. Sorry.

Beagleone 03-29-2017 08:52 AM

Actually, I might have a buyer for you on the jar with or without the cigars. He tragically had two jar jump to their death recently and is a Tat whore. Let me PM you.

roscoe 03-29-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagleone (Post 2120218)
Actually, I might have a buyer for you on the jar with or without the cigars. He tragically had two jar jump to their death recently and is a Tat whore. Let me PM you.

The guy that Beagleone is referring to definitely deserves those cigars and jars - including the SODO! (and whatever else you may be looking at parting with...) :noon

-Ross

Zoomschwortz 03-29-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagleone (Post 2120218)

After seeing the pictures of the tragic humidor jar death, a MontyPython sketch came to mind.

If I remember correctly, John Cleese was an auctioneer selling rare antiques.
During the auction of a rare set of glasses he wasn't getting the price he wanted so he dropped and broke a glass.
When the price still did not go up as much as he wanted, he kept dropping them until the price got to where he wanted.

We have here 2 of 998 Tat Black humidor Jars, do we hear 997?:r

Sorry about that, but if you read some of my old posts, I can get a little demented :sl

roscoe 03-30-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoomschwortz (Post 2120247)
After seeing the pictures of the tragic humidor jar death, a MontyPython sketch came to mind.

If I remember correctly, John Cleese was an auctioneer selling rare antiques.
During the auction of a rare set of glasses he wasn't getting the price he wanted so he dropped and broke a glass.
When the price still did not go up as much as he wanted, he kept dropping them until the price got to where he wanted.

We have here 2 of 998 Tat Black humidor Jars, do we hear 997?:r

Sorry about that, but if you read some of my old posts, I can get a little demented :sl

LOL - I had a few guys thank me as they perceived the value of their jars went just a tad higher...