Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   iPhone Cigar App RELEASED! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12837)

KenS 03-27-2009 01:32 PM

iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!

After a few months of work, and some great testing and feedback from many of my fellow CA Inmates, I'm happy to announce that the Mobile Stogie application for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available in the iTunes App Store!

:wo

If you are interested in the testing, feedback and banter over the past few weeks, it's in this thread.

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, this link is the direct URL to the iTunes app store for Mobile Stogie.

Thanks to all the CA members that helped me get this done. Now I'm off to finish up some new stuff for the next version :ss

Jbailey 03-27-2009 01:35 PM

Re: iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!

I'll probably go and pick it up today.

Does it have the NIVELACUSO and NETAGIDOCU for the cuban box codes on it?

KenS 03-27-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbailey (Post 307106)
I'll probably go and pick it up today.

Does it have the NIVELACUSO and NETAGIDOCU for the cuban box codes on it?

Not yet. But I'm working on that now actually. I have lots of ideas of features to add :)

3inst3in 03-27-2009 01:43 PM

Buying it as we speak...thanks for this. Very slick looking...I'll be sure to leave a review.

tenbaseg 03-27-2009 03:25 PM

Just downloaded the app. It looks great. Now I have HOURS of input. Man, I should have been keeping track all this time....

Jbailey 03-27-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenS (Post 307112)
Not yet. But I'm working on that now actually. I have lots of ideas of features to add :)

will the updates be free to download for it or will there be a whole new version. Never bought any apps off of itunes before. Just curious.

688sonarmen 03-27-2009 03:30 PM

As soon as my new cc gets here in the mail I will be buying! I'm a whore for apps and this one will probally get the most use next to all my weather apps.

mkr160 03-27-2009 03:34 PM

I downloaded and installed the app on my phone today. Its awsome. Great work Ken. Looking forward to putting all my sticks in the app. Thanks for all of your hard work. It definately paid off.

South Shield 03-27-2009 03:36 PM

uggh. My iPhone isn't compatible

darkninja67 03-27-2009 03:36 PM

Thanks for the hard work. Great to have a guide when I go to my local B&M. Will be grabbing this shortly.

KenS 03-27-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Shield (Post 307263)
uggh. My iPhone isn't compatible

If you have the iPhone is version 2, the 2.2 update is free. The app will work with any iPhone hardware

KenS 03-27-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbailey (Post 307253)
will the updates be free to download for it or will there be a whole new version. Never bought any apps off of itunes before. Just curious.

Generally speaking, iPhone app updates are free. I have several enhancements already in the works, and they will definitely be a free update for anybody who has the current version.

Blueface 03-27-2009 05:03 PM

Wow!
That was fast.
Getting ready to download it.

Jbailey 03-27-2009 05:07 PM

Very cool, I think I will buy my first app.

Thanks Ken, I look forward to playing with it.

Serts 03-27-2009 05:15 PM

Nice this is realy cool:wo, many thanks:dance:

DPD6030 03-27-2009 05:21 PM

Ken,
So far I noticed that there are a few vitolas that are double posted in the marcas. Not a big deal to me at all. If I look closer I can give you specific examples.

H. Upmann-Epicures, Majestics, Regalias
Partagas- Habaneros, Pdp # 1

KenS 03-27-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPD6030 (Post 307402)
Ken,
So far I noticed that there are a few vitolas that are double posted in the marcas. Not a big deal to me at all. If I look closer I can give you specific examples.

H. Upmann Epicures, Majestics, Regalias

Yeah, please do give me specific feedback. I would guess that the data is only ~95% accurate, and you'd be amazed at how much different conflicting data is out there about many of the cigars. Might never be perfect, but I'll be issuing an update pretty soon, and can fix a lot if you highlight the errors.

karmaz00 03-27-2009 05:34 PM

very cool. checking t out now

Blueface 03-27-2009 06:04 PM

Disregard my post regarding saving.
Got it.

Blueface 03-27-2009 06:09 PM

Neat application.

Where can I go to leave feedback?
The only time I have noticed that option is usually when I have deleted an application.