Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Delivery Pizza Complaints (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=43815)

Volusianator 03-18-2011 08:43 PM

Delivery Pizza Complaints

OK, here's my two complaints with delivery pizza.

1) Why is it the last bite has the freakin' onion on it? I'd much rather eat that vial thing on the first bite so the rest of the pizza covers up the rancid flavor.

2) I'm gonna start tipping my pizza delivery guy next week for the pizza I had the week before. Delivered cold, no tip... for last week, delivered hot, you get your reward.

Christiel49 03-18-2011 08:47 PM

Re: Delivery Pizza Complaints

Digornio!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ogre 03-18-2011 08:47 PM

The wait, tell you 30-40 minutes, arrive an hour later!!!!

pektel 03-18-2011 08:56 PM

The only gripe I have with pizza delivery is expectation of a tip when the pizza place charges a delivery charge.

Otherwise, they afford me the opportunity to be lazy at dinner time if I wish. And I appreciate that when the situation calls for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

thebayratt 03-18-2011 09:01 PM

I don't get my pizza delivered anymore..
I got a real good friend whom is a store manager @ a national chain, she hooks me up on the way home, all I got to do is give her a call. I can't complain about free pizza. I don't abuse the "privelage", I only get one once every 2 or 3 weeks.

kelmac07 03-18-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christiel49 (Post 1210128)
Digornio!
Posted via Mobile Device

:tu :tu

Bill86 03-18-2011 09:02 PM

I just hate how they never can seem to find out where my house is no matter where I live. They call 18 times and $hit. Then they are late.....Pizza isn't hot anymore. I just go pick it up, delivery is very overrated.

TBone 03-18-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christiel49 (Post 1210128)
Digornio!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ditto to what Christine said

emopunker2004 03-18-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre3239 (Post 1210129)
The wait, tell you 30-40 minutes, arrive an hour later!!!!

hm usually for me its the other way around. tell me its an hour wait, then 30-40 min later i get my pizza :tu

oh yeh and i agree with OP, i hate that unexpected onion on my pizza

forgop 03-18-2011 09:12 PM

I used to deliver pizzas for papa johns when i was at purdue. Trust me-it's in your best interest to tip your driver. :r

KidRock 03-18-2011 10:18 PM

okay....I read this...I have several years in the pizza industry. Both corprate and private ownership. This workers are paid minimum wage and get dogged constantly. Most people who complain about slow service in my humbled thoughts have never worked a day in pizza. Do one 70-80 hour week and your view on food compeltly changes. I like working in pizza because the customers are awesome..just remeber no one is perfect...and if you think you are please join a pizza shop and do an 80 hour week.

I also cant stand general assumptions...not everyone who works in pizza is uneducated..really...im working on my masters...its a big shocker to folks who ask me...sorry if this seems like a rant..but behind every rant is truth. :)

icehog3 03-18-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidRock (Post 1210227)
okay....I read this...I have several years in the pizza industry. Both corprate and private ownership. This workers are paid minimum wage and get dogged constantly. Most people who complain about slow service in my humbled thoughts have never worked a day in pizza. Do one 70-80 hour week and your view on food compeltly changes. I like working in pizza because the customers are awesome..just remeber no one is perfect...and if you think you are please join a pizza shop and do an 80 hour week.

I also cant stand general assumptions...not everyone who works in pizza is uneducated..really...im working on my masters...its a big shocker to folks who ask me...sorry if this seems like a rant..but behind every rant is truth. :)

But aren't the complaints here "rants" as well, Jon? ;)

For the record...I have zero complaints from the two local places I get pizza from, everything is always great, :)

KidRock 03-18-2011 10:24 PM

[quote=pektel;1210143]The only gripe I have with pizza delivery is expectation of a tip when the pizza place charges a delivery charge.

sorry but hate to tell you the driver does not see any tip money from that. they charge that to make up for the labor (time) wise it takes to go from location A to location B. I have a lot of pizza managment experience. From big stores to privately owned.

Cornrow_Wallis 03-18-2011 10:25 PM

80 hour weeks? Jesus. Is that because they can't find people?

Back on topic, I always go get my pizza. I can have it delivered in an hour or pick it up in 15 minutes. I'll come pick it up. The only time I have it delivered is when I'm drunk.

KidRock 03-18-2011 10:27 PM

[quote=Cornrow_Wallis;1210234]80 hour weeks? Jesus. Is that because they can't find people?

pizza companies go through employees because its hard to find good workers. I started my new pizza gig a month ago..after my first week I was offered a full time job with a min of 60 hours a week. trust me good help is really hard to find.

icehog3 03-18-2011 10:28 PM

I always tip, regardless of delivery charges...guy's gotta make a living. :2

KidRock 03-18-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1210238)
I always tip, regardless of delivery charges...guy's gotta make a living. :2

:banger Ill bring one from Detroit to your door!

icehog3 03-18-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidRock (Post 1210239)
:banger Ill bring one from Detroit to your door!

I'll have cigars and beer waiting. ;)

pnoon 03-18-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1210245)

I'm on MY way.
:lv

KidRock 03-18-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1210245)

Hell yeah! thank you! im bringing one of everything..hope you like brick oven pizza. :)