Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   You always remember your "first"..or do you? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53073)

jluck 02-03-2012 12:31 AM

You always remember your "first"..or do you?

I thought this might be fun. I searched and found nothing.

What was the first hand rolled cigar you ever had?
And maybe a few words on why/how.

MINE
Acid Kuba Kuba

I was on a California road trip with a friend (a couple years ago)and wanted something different. I smoked machine made cigars on occasion (alot) but wanted to step it up.The B&M lady pointed my to some "beginner" smokes....:tu

Post away.

icehog3 02-03-2012 12:34 AM

Re: You always remember your "first"..or do you?

Bolivar Royal Corona.

I had been smoking machine mades for well over 10 years, often on a daily basis.

Went to Nassau and there was an LCdH store, as opposed to all the fakes that were being sold in 99.9% of the places on the Island. Decided I should try a Cuban cigar.

It was all over after that. Smoked mostly premium NCs for a year or two, then went to the Dark Side for keeps.

Sauer Grapes 02-03-2012 12:45 AM

TBH... I think it was a RyJ Churchill. I had a RyJ Tubo #1 before that, but I think it was one of the medium filler machine made ones that they had at the time (back in 99).

Skywalker 02-03-2012 12:48 AM

Some Thompson brand crap!

It got me wanting something better!
:D

lenguamor 02-03-2012 01:24 AM

Almost 40 years ago; La Aurora corona with the claro wrapper. At a wedding, the father of the bride gave one to every guy there.

Thing is, I haven't any recollection whatsoever of whose wedding it was...but I remember that cigar.

tx_tuff 02-03-2012 01:25 AM

Montecristo NC. Was at a party and the hsot had a box of them.

longknocker 02-03-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 1548074)
Some Thompson brand crap!

It got me wanting something better!
:D

Same Here!:D

whodeeni 02-03-2012 04:22 AM

An unbanded Nicaraguan Churchill! It was a powerhouse and like a dummy I smoked it in 45mins! Needless to say, i stumbled to my rental car, and I was HOOKED!:banger:noon:r

elderboy02 02-03-2012 05:02 AM

Macanudo something. I was thinking, what is this supposed to taste like? So, I joined a forum and bascially I was told "nothing" :r A guy on there sent me some better smokes, and it was all down hill from there.

Taki 02-03-2012 05:39 AM

Legends (Copper Lable....Drew Estate of course)

I was at my neighbors house and he wanted to burn a cigar and offered me one...couldnt say no, took it, burned it and it was great :tu
Thanks brother :noon

MurphysLaw 02-03-2012 05:45 AM

It was probably a Don Diego or something like that. I was about 16 or 17 and my buddy snagged some sticks from his dads humidor, we bit the caps off and lit them with a zippo while shooting pool.

Apoco 02-03-2012 06:15 AM

Double Helix.

They weren't a bad cigar...if you could get one that didn't have draw problems. I got lucky on the first cigar and it drew like a dream.

I was 14 :r
Posted via Mobile Device

maninblack 02-03-2012 07:57 AM

Mine was a Flor de Todo. Tasted ok at the time, but I didn't know any better. Man how times have changed. A slippery slope indeed.

smitty81 02-03-2012 08:00 AM

Hmm........The first one I can actually remember would have been a punch cigar I bought at a strip club I do believe. It was harsh and nasty but thats probably because it wasn't properly stored either.

The first memorable one was a Java wafer by drew estate I bought at a cigar shop for my birthday.

Emjaysmash 02-03-2012 08:02 AM

Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote. I still revisit it from time to time.

joeobx 02-03-2012 08:06 AM

AF 858. Went in a place and bought a box for my sons birth almost 17 yrs ago.

CigarSquid 02-03-2012 08:11 AM

I have no clue what my first was. When I got into it, I was buying some for my step dad. Just randoms. I do not remember..

BlindedByScience 02-03-2012 08:14 AM

Cohiba Siglo 1.

A bunch of guys I used to work with used to get together every month or so for a bourbon on a buddy's deck, and to get caught up. I was at one such gathering, and the host said, "...hey, T.L., I'm going to have a cigar. Want one..?.." Now, I'd smoked the occasional Macanudo or Hav-A-Tampa over the years in my ignorant youth....but I'd never had a "real" cigar. He opened his humidor and it smelled SO GOOD I said "...sure. Give me a little one...". Well, the rest is history....:tu

pektel 02-03-2012 08:20 AM

A fake Cohiba my mother's boyfriend brought me back from Mexico. Said he bought some off a guy on the beach. I remember it being pretty good, actually.

hotreds 02-03-2012 08:21 AM

Temple Hall at a wedding about ten years ago. Downhill at warp speed since then.