Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Acid Cigars (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56955)

michaelyak 07-13-2012 09:46 AM

Acid Cigars

What do you guys think of the Acid cigar line? -(P

I like the Kuba Kuba..

ZachF88 07-13-2012 09:50 AM

Re: Acid Cigars

Personally, I'm not a big fan of infused cigars. But JD did come out with something new to the market when he released these premium infused cigars.

NCRadioMan 07-13-2012 10:07 AM

Total and utter crap that smells like and makes the smoker smell like Patchouli/Hippies for hours and hours later. :pu

With that said, smoke what you like and like what you smoke. -(P

Ogre 07-13-2012 10:36 AM

Tried one once, not for me.

Taki 07-13-2012 10:40 AM

Used to smoke the Opulance 3...think it is his best infused smoke! That being said, I will never smoke any infused again :pu

RobR1205 07-13-2012 10:41 AM

Not really my cup of tea...I was brought up by fellow cigar smokers who were "purists" as you could say. That being said, I never tried the flavored stuff early on when I started smoking, so I never developed a liking for them. Still I have friends who swear by the Acid line, so Drew Estate must be doing something right with those cigars!

michaelyak 07-13-2012 11:08 AM

Thanks for the info..

Fia 07-13-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelyak (Post 1679053)
What do you guys think of the Acid cigar line? -(P

I like the Kuba Kuba..

Like what you smoke, smoke what you like. A person may swear by a cigar and you try it and not like it. Thats the great thing about cigars is there is something for everyone.

lenguamor 07-13-2012 11:28 AM

I like some of them. I don't smoke infused cigars very often, about one every few years. But if you're going to sample infused cigars, the cream of the crop is Acid or Drew Estates; hand-made, long filler, superb construction.

The exception is the Kuba Kuba. They smell so nasty that I've never even been tempted to put one in my mouth.

Right now I'm digging the Tabak Especiale. A very nice coffee-infused stick.

Just sample them. See what you like. They don't have to be your go-to stick for you to enjoy them occasionally.

Word of warning: DON'T smoke one in a B&M lounge. Ever. Once one guy lights up an infused cigar indoors, EVERYONE in the room ends up feeling like they're smoking an infused cigar. And that will generate some genuine ill-will amongst your BOTLs.

oooo35980 07-13-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan (Post 1679070)
Total and utter crap that smells like and makes the smoker smell like Patchouli/Hippies for hours and hours later. :pu

With that said, smoke what you like and like what you smoke. -(P

QFT

icehog3 07-13-2012 01:29 PM

Not a fan....but I am a fan of "smoke what you like, like what you smoke". :)

michaelyak 07-13-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenguamor (Post 1679132)
I like some of them. I don't smoke infused cigars very often, about one every few years. But if you're going to sample infused cigars, the cream of the crop is Acid or Drew Estates; hand-made, long filler, superb construction.

The exception is the Kuba Kuba. They smell so nasty that I've never even been tempted to put one in my mouth.

Right now I'm digging the Tabak Especiale. A very nice coffee-infused stick.

Just sample them. See what you like. They don't have to be your go-to stick for you to enjoy them occasionally.

Word of warning: DON'T smoke one in a B&M lounge. Ever. Once one guy lights up an infused cigar indoors, EVERYONE in the room ends up feeling like they're smoking an infused cigar. And that will generate some genuine ill-will amongst your BOTLs.

The Tabaks are nice. Love those for a lunch smoke.-(P

As for the Acid cigars I don't mean an every day smoke. Just wanted to see what you all thought about it. -(P

maninblack 07-13-2012 03:21 PM

Taste like sh!t to me but to each his own. JD sells the crap out of them.

Trace63 07-13-2012 03:23 PM

no thank you

smitty81 07-13-2012 05:15 PM

I like the Kuba Kuba once in a while. It's what got me hooked on cigars.

dwoodward 07-13-2012 06:01 PM

There are a few acids that are not too bad. But even my favorites when I started smoking are starting to taste like crap.

You'll find that ACID cigars hook a lot of new smokers, myself included was one of these newbies. But you're tastes will change a LOT in a few months and you'll find the ACID's starting to taste, well, like acid.

TJtorpedo 07-13-2012 06:42 PM

Every now and then for kicks I'll smoke an Opulance 3.

Way back when, I used to carry around a tin of the Acid Krush in the various "colors". I wouldn't even call them cigars, but I do remember that they were chick magnets in the bars and clubs.

fencefixer 07-13-2012 06:49 PM

I smoke one once in a while, it's a love/hate relationship really.

CigarSquid 07-14-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelyak (Post 1679319)
The Tabaks are nice. Love those for a lunch smoke.-(P

As for the Acid cigars I don't mean an every day smoke. Just wanted to see what you all thought about it. -(P

Tabaks are nice. I will smoke those in the AM.. Not to often, like one in 2 months. Just too sweet.

Acid, I had a few when I first got into cigars. Again, to sweet for me. Not my thing.

ToddinTulsa 07-14-2012 01:06 PM

I too, am not a fan. Too sweet.

Read an article some where that said I shouldn't "knock" them. After $8.50 (ouch!), for a Toast... YUCK! The sales guy said, It will taste like a Somemor. Never anything good about a cigar tasting like chocolate and Marshmallow, just sayin'.

Never again for any flavor.
My .02.
Posted via Mobile Device