Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Nope nope hell no (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=65092)

TJarv 01-18-2014 11:57 PM

Nope nope hell no

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=327_1389947734

big_jaygee 01-19-2014 12:22 AM

Re: Nope nope hell no

hell no!

Remo 01-19-2014 12:31 AM

Took a look at that yesterday, you know that little voice in your head that keeps you alive....some people have it gagged and tied up in a closet :)

cjhalbrooks 01-19-2014 07:40 AM

I had to stop watching. I hate stupid shits like that. Makes me really nervous.

MrClean 01-19-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks (Post 1925114)
I had to stop watching. I hate stupid shits like that. Makes me really nervous.

:tpd:

I've been skydiving, love roller coasters, but that stuff was just plain dumb. :sl

shilala 01-19-2014 07:51 AM

I used to have to work hanging over edges and stupid sh1t like that. Up a couple hundred feet. I never got used to it, didn't like it, but refused to get scared until after I was done.
Then I'd be a nervous, chattering wreck for a couple days, and then it became normal.
I still didn't like it.
My buddy who I'd always volunteer to go up high with me always said "There's two kinds of squirrels. Ground squirrels and flying squirrels. I'se a ground squirrel."
Then 10 minutes later we'd be taking turns standing on the railing of a 100 foot swinging and bobbing JLG lift.

I still hate heights to this day, but I don't get paralyzed with fear and want to puke like when I was a kid. :D
Weeze is scared to go past the second rung on a step ladder. Literally. :lr

Heavy_d 01-19-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1925120)
I still hate heights to this day, but I don't get paralyzed with fear and want to puke like when I was a kid. :D
Weeze is scared to go past the second rung on a step ladder. Literally. :lr

Sounds like me and Weeze would get along great. I'm paralyzingly afraid of heights.

I used to work with a guy, 6'11', he joked he was so afraid of heights he had to close his eyes when he stood up out of bed each morning.

mosesbotbol 01-19-2014 09:15 AM

got a case of vertigo watching that. way more balls than I'll ever have!

equetefue 01-19-2014 09:36 AM

Wow. That's is just insane. Why in the world would you do something like that

Ogre 01-19-2014 09:50 AM

Next years Darwin Award Winners

CigarNut 01-19-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 1925094)
Took a look at that yesterday, you know that little voice in your head that keeps you alive....some people have it gagged and tied up in a closet :)

:tpd:

Gabe215 01-19-2014 12:11 PM

Probably an intense rush doing that. I'm a commercial/industrial electrician and work in rafters and outside lighting on top if skyscrapers and my a**hole still puckers whenever I have to reach far or extend myself, those guys are nuts!!

PCR 01-19-2014 12:26 PM

Stupidity on video.

AdamJoshua 01-19-2014 12:44 PM

I don't know if this is the group from Vancouver but there are so kids in vancouver that shoot a ton of these videos, a lot of them walking out on crane booms and doing finger tip pullups 150' up, morons. :r

DMK 01-19-2014 03:06 PM

I've worked at all kinds of extreme heights and that still makes me shake my head....

Veatorious 01-19-2014 03:40 PM

Hell no is right... This video is redic.

hotreds 01-19-2014 04:35 PM

idiots. I suppose we would be expected to be sad if one or more made a self portrait on the ground.

replicant_argent 01-19-2014 04:40 PM

I'm a little disappointed. I thought this thread was going to be about buying Sh'art.

pnoon 01-19-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 1925299)
I'm a little disappointed. I thought this thread was going to be about buying Sh'art.

That's redic. Whatever the hell that means. :confused:

bruceolee 01-19-2014 07:07 PM

I don't like to judge people but these idiots are insane! People who play on the edge are the ones that go over the edge. As much of a rush as it may give you your life is not solely invested in you. You have parents, friends, spouses, children, all heavily invested in you and for a person to do something like that is ignoring the fact that all of these people love and in some cases require your existence. One little slip and it not only ends for you but it ends for all of them not to mention the fact that you may be destroying someones life (not just your own) by chasing an adrenaline high. There are safer and better ways to get that high. The risk/reward ratio is a little lopsided. I'll bet none of these gentlemen became millionaires from attempting these stunts so very little reward other than a little bit of fame. Not worth it in my head but that's just me. Needless to say these guys are nuts! Nothing will convince me otherwise.