Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cigar iphone app (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52564)

44stampede 01-11-2012 11:35 PM

Cigar iphone app

All right guys, this was inspired by a discussion over the new humidornotes coming out.

I prefer not using paper as I know that it goes missing through time in my case where as digitally I can at least back it up.

Any recommendations?

So far on the research the Cigar Boss Pro and Mobilestogie seem the best.

For sure I want a place where I can have my humidor tracked and I can rate my cigars (similar to the humidornotes) for future reference. A database would also be nice.

sikk50 01-12-2012 12:31 AM

Re: Cigar iphone app

I've got quite a few cigar apps and those are the best. I'm a little bitter toward mobile stogie since it changed hands though. Like I said Cigar boss is my personal favorite right now.

MrClean 01-12-2012 01:01 AM

I know you're looking for an IPhone app, but I use Evernote on my Android phone after another BOTL suggested it. It isn't a cigar geared app, but you can load you're own photos, make notes etc. The nice thing about it, it stores all info online for you and you can access it from any computer that has Evernote installed on it. Looks like they do have an app for IPhone as well. :2

never_enough 01-12-2012 06:44 AM

I use the Evernote app for the iphone also. Like was said above, you can add pictures to your notes, dedicate a notebook just to cigars, and its accessible everywhere. I think its great.

aaron72 01-12-2012 10:40 AM

I use a pretty detailed Excel spreadsheet on my computer which I sync with Dropbox, so that's my online backup and I can open it with the Dropbox app on my iPhone.

The spreadsheet tracks humidor inventory, my smoked list with ratings and notes, wish list, trade tracking and also a page where I can keep notes on the members of the various forums I interact with.

never_enough 01-12-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron72 (Post 1528128)
I use a pretty detailed Excel spreadsheet on my computer which I sync with Dropbox, so that's my online backup and I can open it with the Dropbox app on my iPhone.

The spreadsheet tracks humidor inventory, my smoked list with ratings and notes, wish list, trade tracking and also a page where I can keep notes on the members of the various forums I interact with.

Now that is detailed

ApexAZ 01-12-2012 11:05 AM

Cigar Boss sucks. Avoid it. The database is lacking, there's no way to add your own cigars and there's no way to back up your data. It crashed on me several times, which required a reinstall, which wiped the database clean. I gave it about a week before switching to Evernote.

ApexAZ 01-12-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrClean (Post 1527769)
The nice thing about it, it stores all info online for you and you can access it from any computer that has Evernote installed on it.

You actually don't even need an app installed. You can access your notes from a web based version at www.evernote.com

44stampede 01-12-2012 08:10 PM

Thanks. Think I will give evernote a shot.