Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Need Rum Help... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68553)

pnoon 01-03-2015 12:41 PM

Re: Need Rum Help...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigarmarine (Post 2009845)
does anyone know if brugal anjeo any good? have a bottle in the cabinet left over from a party

I like it very much.
:2

cigarmarine 01-03-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 2009867)
I like it very much.
:2

Thank you sir, I'll give it a try.:tu

mc808 01-03-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 2009702)
All the suggestions above are very nice, but I will add Matsulem. At least it works pretty well for me.

I like Matusalem as well. Not as sweet as most of the others, closer to Cuban style rum.

Porch Dweller 01-03-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irratebass (Post 2006002)
All rum suggestions noted here are good choices, and for a dark rum......try the Kraken, I was pleasantly surprised by it.

I picked up a bottle of this based on this recommendation and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It was very tasty just on the rocks and at a quite reasonable price.

Sadden 01-03-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc808 (Post 2009921)
I like Matusalem as well. Not as sweet as most of the others, closer to Cuban style rum.

Matusalem is really nice. Legendario if you can come by some.

Don Fernando 01-04-2015 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 2009688)
Picked up the Zaya and looking forward to giving it a try. Next two will be the Ron Zacapa and the Flor de Cana. We need to have a stock of more than one, right??? :tu

Try to find some Dictador XO Perpetual. Abe Flores gave me a bottle after Intertabac, I cracked it open on NYE and I wish I opened it sooner, good stuff.

dijit 01-04-2015 05:47 AM

For an every day on the rocks rum I like Goslings Black Seal. As for special occasion rums Zacapa is one of my many favorites. These two are at opposite ends of the rum spectrum Black Seal is a molasses rum and pretty sweet while Zacapa is much less sweet and still has mild spice. Both work for me as I am not a fan of too much spice like a captain morgan or sailor jerry.

badbriar 01-04-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dijit (Post 2009955)
For an every day on the rocks rum I like Goslings Black Seal. As for special occasion rums Zacapa is one of my many favorites. These two are at opposite ends of the rum spectrum Black Seal is a molasses rum and pretty sweet while Zacapa is much less sweet and still has mild spice. Both work for me as I am not a fan of too much spice like a captain morgan or sailor jerry.

Michael-
Flavor and taste-wise where would you put Zaya compared to those two?

dijit 01-04-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 2009998)
Michael-
Flavor and taste-wise where would you put Zaya compared to those two?

I would place Zaya closer to Zacapa but a little lighter in nature and depth of flavor.