Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I Came to a Realization (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10983)

CBI_2 02-25-2009 07:54 PM

I Came to a Realization

So I'm on my way home from work yesterday and I am coming up to a left turn that I need to make. I am behind a flat bed tow truck with a car on it, hence I can not see what is ahead.

There is a 7-11 at the SW corner of the intersection along with a strip shopping center next to it with connected parking between the two. The tow truck has his left turn signal on and enters the turn lane. I am turning left also so I follow in behind him. We end up stopping and I sit there believing there is a line of traffic ahead. As it turns out, instead of using one of the earlier entrances into the parking area and driving around to the 7-11 he decides to use the one closer to the 7-11 and tie up the turn lane. with no one in front of him. He turns and I see what he has done and I am very POed at the lack of thought and courtesy yet again on the road.

It was at this point that I realized I am probably going to be a crotchety old fart. I just have too low a tolerance for stupidity. :fl

Mugen910 02-25-2009 07:59 PM

Re: I Came to a Realization

Well I'm sure some of the older massholes can help you on your journey since they are already there! :r

G G 02-25-2009 08:01 PM

I can certainly sympathize my friend.

ChicagoWhiteSox 02-25-2009 08:08 PM

Trust me, i know how you feel bro:fl:fl

Old Sailor 02-25-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBI_2 (Post 257106)
So I'm on my way home from work yesterday and I am coming up to a left turn that I need to make. I am behind a flat bed tow truck with a car on it, hence I can not see what is ahead.

There is a 7-11 at the SW corner of the intersection along with a strip shopping center next to it with connected parking between the two. The tow truck has his left turn signal on and enters the turn lane. I am turning left also so I follow in behind him. We end up stopping and I sit there believing there is a line of traffic ahead. As it turns out, instead of using one of the earlier entrances into the parking area and driving around to the 7-11 he decides to use the one closer to the 7-11 and tie up the turn lane. with no one in front of him. He turns and I see what he has done and I am very POed at the lack of thought and courtesy yet again on the road.

It was at this point that I realized I am probably going to be a crotchety old fart. I just have too low a tolerance for stupidity. :fl

Join the group with me and Noah!:r beat ya to it Al.:tg

Skywalker 02-25-2009 08:15 PM

Welcome to the club!!!:D

Now slow down before you kill somebody!!!:c

markem 02-25-2009 08:19 PM

yeah, I really hate it when people do things that are convenient for them instead of being considerate and doing what is convenient for me. :rolleyes:

Sailchaser 02-25-2009 08:24 PM

Paul if you would have been smoking a great stick maybe it wouldn't have bothered you:r:r

I can arrange a few for ya:D

Drat 02-25-2009 08:32 PM

I'm glad I don't commute by car (or motorcycle) anymore, but I have to say, people's lack of respect of personal body space on the NYC subway is just as upsetting...

Yes, put my on the crotchety old man list...

piperman 02-25-2009 08:46 PM

Believe me the older you get the more stupid people you run in to. because the world is full of stupid people. I'm crotchety and your older than me. :D

ucla695 02-25-2009 08:46 PM

Unfortunately, I know exactly how you feel. People are too wrapped up in their lives to pay attention to how they affect others.

michael88n 02-25-2009 09:02 PM

Consideration for others (Common courtesy) on the roadway is becoming more rare.

I would have been just as ticked off as you.

And if this is putting people in the crotchety category, so be it.

Cheers,
Michael (young and crotchety)

Ye Olde Phart 02-25-2009 09:04 PM

You young whipper-snappers worryin' about gettin' crotchety p*ss me off. Now get offa me lawn. :D

CBI_2 02-25-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailchaser (Post 257197)
Paul if you would have been smoking a great stick maybe it wouldn't have bothered you:r:r

I can arrange a few for ya:D

:r:r So that's the secret! I just need to smoke one on the way home.

karmaz00 02-25-2009 10:24 PM

thats sucks i feel ya

alley00p 02-25-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBI_2 (Post 257316)
:r:r So that's the secret! I just need to smoke one on the way home.

That's what gets me to work and home, everyday!!!! :tu

:r

:dance:

GoodFella 02-25-2009 11:39 PM

u may be getting old:tg

King James 02-26-2009 12:07 AM

don't worry....you aren't alone in having low tolerance for moronic drivers :)

taltos 02-26-2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 257123)
Well I'm sure some of the older massholes can help you on your journey since they are already there! :r

Bite me you little twerp! I would have pulled that tow operator's lower lip up over his forehead. More seriously, if you know the tow company, I would file a complaint with the local police. Someone who makes his living clearing accidents knowingly created a hazardous traffic condition for his own convenience. And yes, some of us can help you on your way to becoming crotchety, incontinent geezers.:al

Kreth 02-26-2009 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King James (Post 257586)
don't worry....you aren't alone in having low tolerance for moronic drivers :)

:tpd:
Sometimes I wish I had the car from that old Spyhunter video game... :r