Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Red Bull Cola (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29656)

nater 03-10-2010 07:12 AM

Red Bull Cola

Has anyone else tried this stuff? It is 100% natural, and the flavors are amazing! I have used it as a mixer, and just as a daily pairing for my smokes instead of Dr. Pepper. I think I may prefer it over Dr. Pepper while smoking. Please note, this is not their traditional energy drink, but a fairly new offering.

McSmokey 03-10-2010 07:17 AM

Re: Red Bull Cola

Pics?

GreekGodX 03-10-2010 07:23 AM

I've had it.. Wasn't that crazy about it but I rarely drink pop. Tasted kinda flat.

replicant_argent 03-10-2010 07:24 AM

and while there is Coca Leaf extract in it for flavor, remember, there is NO Cocaine in it, so it's safe for the kids, folks. ;)

I haven't tried it, but I do like colas, and I remember drinking a lot of Kraeting Daeng before they screwed with the recipe for Red Bull.

I wish I could find the KD locally, it seems to have disappeared, and shipping is probably a killer on it. I used to be able to find it at 2 or 3 grocery stores within 10 miles of my house.

poker 03-10-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McSmokey (Post 788742)
Pics?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/img/1/...edbullcola.jpg

McSmokey 03-10-2010 07:29 AM

Haven't seen that around these parts will have to look closer on my lunch break today

G G 03-10-2010 07:45 AM

I'll try one when I find one.:tu

nater 03-10-2010 07:46 AM

Yep, thats the stuff. I too thought it tasted flat at first, but have since grown to like the level of carbonation. It is just not super over carbonated like diet coke. I hope it stays on the market, it has not been overly popular here....

Starscream 03-10-2010 07:47 AM

I love Red Bull, but the Cola isn't all that great to me. I'd rather have a Pepsi, Coke, or RC.

Jack Straw 03-10-2010 08:07 AM

I've had this, thought it was OK but I prefer plain old coke. It reminded me of the "gourmet" cola they sell at whole foods.

neoflex 03-10-2010 08:14 AM

I didn't like it but than again last year when I was working in racing we did work with Redbull and it wasn't unusual to have palettes of Redbull in the shop at all times so we all quickly got sick of everything they produced. I am just now finally being able to stomach the taste of it again but still prefer NOS and Liquid Ice over it. I hate Monster too. For me though the cola was just never enjoyable.

thebayratt 03-10-2010 09:51 AM

I had one and it tasted like a sack of dirty buttholes... I got a refund and bought a Monster (green) and never looked back at the crap. I love Redbull but the Cola........ eh.

I talked to a Redbull distributor that said Redbull lost a crapload of money on that cola venture and I don't think they are making it or will make it much more longer. Sometime this spring they are supposed to release other flavored Redbulls; like a citrus and a berry.
Redbull should stick to Redbull and the ONLY flavor they should produce is Jagerbomb flavor.

poker 03-10-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebayratt (Post 788981)
I had one and it tasted like a sack of dirty buttholes...

What exactly does that taste like? Nebbermind. I dont really wanna know to be honest. :r

nater 03-10-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poker (Post 789022)
What exactly does that taste like? Nebbermind. I dont really wanna know to be honest. :r

And how exactly does he know?

fuente~fuente 03-10-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poker (Post 789022)

I asked my buddy who does p**n... He says it depends on what they eat the day before the shoot.:D

J/K guys...

JJG 03-10-2010 02:52 PM

I got a free case once and thought it was really good! I haven't gone out in search of it since, but the flavor tasted very natural, not too sweet, and not too much carbonation. It reminded me of some kind of natural style soda you would see at whole food, or your local hippie food market.

definitely worth a try!

tx_tuff 03-10-2010 03:05 PM

Never even heard of it.

pmwz 03-10-2010 03:06 PM

they had to take it of the market in germany for acouple of monts because they found cocain traces in it (0,4microgramm/liter)
i dont buy red bull because its too expensive

mosesbotbol 03-10-2010 03:15 PM

I love Red Bull Cola. Not much a soda drinker, but I was impressed with the couple I tried. It's the perfect synergy of Cola and Red Bull. If you don't like Red Bull, there's not much to talk about then...

Diet Red Bull and Vodka is a great club drink!

guado 03-11-2010 06:31 AM

I had it for the first time in vegas a few years ago! Loved it. Finally arrived here in tampa a few months ago! I Was excited haha...

If you are expecting a coca cola or pepsi taste don't bother. Its good in its own right.