Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31662)

apNgb 05-03-2010 09:52 PM

Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...darkcorojo.jpg

The Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo was released at the 2009 IPCPR Trade Show in New Orleans. LA. Building on the popularity of the regular Antano line of cigars, the Dark Corojo sports a very dark Corojo wrapper that is grown in the Jallapa Valley of Nicaragua. The tobaccos inside the Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo are aged for 3 years and consists of all Nicaraguan Tobacco. The Dark Corojo is said to be the strongest cigar that Joya de Nicaragua manufactures and is meant for the Full-Bodied cigar smoker.

Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Made In: Nicaragua
Size: El Martillo – 5.5×54
Price: $38.75 per 5 pack or $131.75 per box of 20 from Smoke Inn

Appearance & Construction: The Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo is one big dark log of a cigar. This cigar is packed full of tobacco and is solid from head to foot. The wrapper has a nice oily sheen to it and there are some medium sized veins and one larger vein on the wrapper. The boys at Joya de Nicaragua did a nice job of the bands on the Antano Dark Corojo. A gorgeous black and gold primary band grace the cigar, along with a nice looking foot band that came off very nice and is always appreciated.

Burning Characteristics: The Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo has a decent draw to it. The burn is completely off on this cigar and required multiple touch ups along the way. The ash is solid and compact and only has minor flowering that proved to be a nonissue.

Flavor: Wow, the Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo starts with a major pepper blast that got the back of my throat a little dry. There is also nice dark fruit sweetness there along with some coffee notes. As the second third comes and goes there is still that nice dark fruity sweetness along with the coffee, but the pepper has backed down some and is really quite enjoyable. The body of the JDN Antano Dark Corojo is ultra-full bodied and the strength is definitely full bodied.

Final Thoughts: Man, the Antano Dark Corojo kicked my ass in the strength department and I loved it. This cigar is defiantly a nice night cap from a stressful day on the job. The cigar is very rich, very flavorful and is one of the better ultra full bodied cigars I have had in a while. This cigar is no chump, it is in your flat out, in your face with bold flavor and strength.

Cigar Rating: Above Average/ Great

Emjaysmash 05-03-2010 09:53 PM

Re: Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo

Dude, sweet!
I'll be home May 14th, so we'll have to get together for a herf!

Thanks for the Review!

apNgb 05-03-2010 10:15 PM

For sure dude!

Kreth 05-03-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apNgb (Post 848261)
The Dark Corojo is said to be the strongest cigar that Joya de Nicaragua manufactures and is meant for the Full-Bodied cigar smoker.

I'm not full-bodied, I'm big-boned. :r
Nice review.
Posted via Mobile Device

apNgb 05-03-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreth (Post 848289)
I'm not full-bodied, I'm big-boned. :r
Nice review.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice! But don't you think you might be in denial, maybe your just fat...JK brother. Thanks for the response!

darkninja67 05-03-2010 11:16 PM

Very nice review. I love this cigar along with the regular Antanos. Full of flavor and they do have nice bands. Well done JdN

kelmac07 05-04-2010 05:38 AM

Nice review...these JdNs are great sticks for the money. :tu

p@rick 05-04-2010 06:17 AM

Love these sticks. And just like the JdN Antanos, they go great with a nice glass of Elijah Craig 12yr.

silentjon 05-04-2010 10:37 AM

I picked up four of these - I think I will smoke one tonight.

apNgb 05-04-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p@rick (Post 848387)
Love these sticks. And just like the JdN Antanos, they go great with a nice glass of Elijah Craig 12yr.

now thats what I am talking about!

Emjaysmash 05-04-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apNgb (Post 848637)
now thats what I am talking about!

You got one for me? :ss

G G 05-04-2010 12:21 PM

Nice review, thanks.

Steve 05-04-2010 05:29 PM

Nice review, I'm gonna go look for one of those.

Steve 05-28-2010 02:49 PM

I picked one of these up today on my way to meet the girls at the pool. Nice cigar. I've always been a fan of the Antana, this new offering didn't disappoint!

Thanks for sharing the review

Ratters 06-01-2010 07:41 PM

Nice review. :tu

I've had a few of these. I really enjoy them but haven't really found them that full bodied, though the strength is there. I find the first half of the smoke pretty flat but really picks up in the second half. I'm thinking a year will do wonders for these smokes.