Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone else have a "cigar bequest?" (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63363)

kansashat 09-04-2013 11:28 PM

Anyone else have a "cigar bequest?"

Anyone else here have a note in their humidors, or an understanding, willing their cigars to a friend or family member?

Anyone can go at any time...right? I used to have a much larger collection, but my cigar stash has shrunk to a few bundles, boxes & fivers. My wife wouldn't know what to do with them if I were to pass suddenly, so I put a note in a humidor telling her who to give them to.

I have wondered if I might be overstepping my bounds by giving a small asset away that should go to my wife. Who knows? She might wish to smoke a celebratory cigar! LOL

Has anyone else here done anything like this?

pnoon 09-04-2013 11:48 PM

Re: Anyone else have a "cigar bequest?"

I've made provisions for my modest "collection".

Dunkel 09-05-2013 01:15 AM

I actually have my cigars and cigar accessories in my will. While it doesn't seem like a big deal to most folks, the friend I willed them to will be very happy.

kelmac07 09-05-2013 04:46 AM

My friends claim to be part of the "grieving widows club" and have volunteered to take care of my stash. :r :r

Porch Dweller 09-05-2013 05:33 AM

No, but now you've got me thinking about it.

qwerty1500 09-05-2013 05:36 AM

Other than whatever regular stash I might leave behind, I have alerted someone about where to find my special collection. I have saved one cigar from every box of cigars ... each cigar is labeled and includes its box code ... already filled one and now well into filling a second desktop humi. Unless I decide to smoke them during retirement ... with any luck, I'll be leaving behind a nice collection with a lot of 30-40 year aged cigars.

Remo 09-05-2013 05:52 AM

I figure my small stash will get smoked by my buddies while they celebrate my Awesomeness :banger

czerbe 09-05-2013 06:46 AM

My Brother will get all my cigars, and guns for that matter, but I don't plan on kicking the bucket until I smoke them all anyway so he may just get a bunch of bands, and some empty brass!

mosesbotbol 09-05-2013 06:51 AM

I'd want my family to sell them off and use the money for something else. Let my friends have first dibs and then the auction starts...

CoffeeWaterBeer 09-05-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty1500 (Post 1880326)
Other than whatever regular stash I might leave behind, I have alerted someone about where to find my special collection. I have saved one cigar from every box of cigars ... each cigar is labeled and includes its box code ... already filled one and now well into filling a second desktop humi. Unless I decide to smoke them during retirement ... with any luck, I'll be leaving behind a nice collection with a lot of 30-40 year aged cigars.

That's a damn fine idea qwerty, I'm going to start doing that.

MajorCaptSilly 09-05-2013 07:17 AM

My son gets mine. It's a verbal agreement.

MCS

cjhalbrooks 09-05-2013 07:21 AM

My brother gets 1/2 them, I have a box of cigars that will go to my son, as i will miss his 18th birthday and the last 1/2 goes to a nonprofit org for the military.

Ashcan Bill 09-05-2013 09:00 AM

I've thought about it from time to time, but haven't made any actual provisions yet. Still not sure how I'm going to deal with it. :confused:

czerbe 09-05-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill (Post 1880375)
I've thought about it from time to time, but haven't made any actual provisions yet. Still not sure how I'm going to deal with it. :confused:

Just don't die.... problem solved!

CigarNut 09-05-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 1880342)
My son gets mine. It's a verbal agreement.

MCS

Same for me.

Ashcan Bill 09-05-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by czerbe (Post 1880377)
Just don't die.... problem solved!

:tu

MUNKY 09-05-2013 09:46 AM

My son and my cat get em all!

markem 09-05-2013 10:00 AM

I have two preparations. I have a list of friends who are to be contacted to maintain the humidors and a provision for what cigars I want at the party celebrating the end of what I hope was a moderately successful life.

I have yet to make provisions for the humidors and main body of sticks, but am likely to have them sold through c-gars ltd in the UK if they are still around. There may be a few specific bequests because there are likely to be some S/BOTLs that I haven't bombed yet.

Or make Huy come get them in a rickshaw. I've seen him, he's pretty good with one of those. :tu

shilala 09-05-2013 10:33 AM

I don't have a bequest.
I don't care who gets them, I'm not gonna need them. I figure I'll go long before Weeze, so they'd naturally be hers, and she'd give them away which is what I do anyways.

Shadow 09-05-2013 11:05 AM

Don't have to worry about this since my wife and both my son and daughter smoke cigars.

But I made my deal with the devil a long time ago, I can't die until I smoke all of my cigars. That's why I keep buying, I'm going to live forever! :D:D:D :ss