Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Rescue Me (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13455)

icehog3 04-05-2009 10:57 PM

Rescue Me

Any fans? Looking forward to Tuesday as much as I am?

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...rescueme_1.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Rescueme2.jpg

MedicCook 04-05-2009 10:59 PM

Re: Rescue Me

This show is awesome.

icehog3 04-05-2009 11:02 PM

Never was a huge Dennis Leary fan until someone lent me Season one on DVD this winter. I bought the next 3 seasons, and went through them all in about a week and a half. Now I have been jonesin' for a couple months for Season 5.

Best part, the first 4 seasons were 13 episodes each...this season is 22 episodes. :tu

marge796 04-05-2009 11:53 PM

I love this show!

Smoke Naked 04-06-2009 07:12 AM

Seems like it took forever to come back on.

ChicagoWhiteSox 04-06-2009 09:38 AM

22 episodes this season will be great:tu

MedicCook 04-06-2009 09:56 AM

This season is longer because of the writer's strike last year.

WildBlueSooner 04-06-2009 10:49 AM

Never heard of it...might have to check it out

Pat1075 04-06-2009 10:52 AM

Awesome show!

thebiglebowski 04-06-2009 02:29 PM

oh, HELL'S yes! both me and wifey-poo have been dying for this to come back. didn't realize it was 22 episodes - that's really good news...

ActionAndy 04-06-2009 03:18 PM

The first few seasons were brilliant, last season sort of lost me. Seems a bit too far out now, but I'll definitely still be watching...

rack04 04-06-2009 03:19 PM

I can't wait. This show's been off waaaaaay too long.

Nabinger16 04-06-2009 04:43 PM

Hate to be the spoil sport, but I HATE Rescue Me! I'll be honest I've never given the show a fair shake. I've only ever seen a few episodes. The reason I've never cared for it is because it started shortly after 9/11 when the entire country was holding firefighters high on there shoulders. People were pouring out their support for firefighters and FDNY so Fox decides to cash in on it.

Not to mention I've read about at least one department that is in the process of suing the Denis Leary Firefighters Foundation for money that it promised. The dept. spent money on much needed equipment, but the money never showed up.

I'm sure it's an entertaining show and all but it's not for me.

cricky101 04-06-2009 04:52 PM

Fantastic show. I'll be watching for sure on Tuesday!

WildBlueSooner 04-06-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nabinger16 (Post 323617)
Hate to be the spoil sport, but I HATE Rescue Me! I'll be honest I've never given the show a fair shake. I've only ever seen a few episodes. The reason I've never cared for it is because it started shortly after 9/11 when the entire country was holding firefighters high on there shoulders. People were pouring out their support for firefighters and FDNY so Fox decides to cash in on it.

Not to mention I've read about at least one department that is in the process of suing the Denis Leary Firefighters Foundation for money that it promised. The dept. spent money on much needed equipment, but the money never showed up.

Hmm...thats crazy if that is true about the foundation!

Nabinger16 04-06-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner (Post 323685)
Hmm...thats crazy if that is true about the foundation!

I read about it on firehouse.com about a month or so ago.

dubnick 04-06-2009 05:37 PM

I've heard rumor to this as well... but nothing else has come of it.

PS> I love the show and can't wait. DVR is already set

icehog3 04-06-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nabinger16 (Post 323617)

Trent, the first season premiered on July 21, 2004, so it was almost 3 full years after 9/11. It hardly "cashes in" on the esteem that firefighters are held in, it shows them with more problems than the average Joe.

Quote:

The Leary Firefighters Foundation, since its creation in the year 2000, has distributed over $2.5 million (USD) to fire departments in the Worcester, Boston, and New York City areas for equipment, training materials, new vehicles, and new facilities.

A separate fund run by Leary's foundation, the Fund for New York's Bravest, has distributed over $2 million (USD) to the families of the 343 firemen killed in the September 11, 2001, attacks in addition to providing funding for necessities such as a new mobile command center, first responder training, and a high-rise simulator for the FDNY's training campus. This new fund was established because the families of the Worcester fire did not want to include New York families into the fund. As a result, Leary created a separate fund for New York.
I could find no news reports of any Fire Department suing Leary's foundation.

No biggie if the show ain't your cup of tea, but I think Leary's people have done some wonderful things for firefighters, so I wanted to respond with what I have seen regarding those comments. :)

icehog3 04-06-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nabinger16 (Post 323717)
I read about it on firehouse.com about a month or so ago.

I can't find anything at all except positives about Leary on the site. :confused:

http://dynamic.firehouse.com/search/...FORID%3A9#1024

Cigary 04-06-2009 06:10 PM

Great show,,,been watching it since day 1.