Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hookah (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54092)

Dunkel 07-24-2012 05:45 PM

Re: Hookah

It depends. Some hoses are not washable. They have metal coils in them that rust, both from condensation or washing. If you're not sure your hose is washable, it probably isn't.

Whipper Snapper 07-24-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRIMPS (Post 1686700)
I run water through my hoses from time to time. Cleans out much of the grit and grime. I haven't had any issues with it. They are just rubber hoses usually. Right?

Unless explicitly stated. Generally, the hoses that are wrapped with a fabric are not rubber. Hoses that look like, well, a rubber hose are obviously rubber.

Whipper Snapper 07-24-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunkel (Post 1686809)
It depends. Some hoses are not washable. They have metal coils in them that rust, both from condensation or washing. If you're not sure your hose is washable, it probably isn't.

welp. beat me to it :r

hotreds 10-06-2013 05:27 PM

Just started smoking the hookah and am enjoying it. Very different from cigars and pipes. BUT, I still will not inhale- altho it is a great way to practice snorking! So, how are the other hookah smokers enjoying theirs? Still using? How often?

mosesbotbol 10-07-2013 10:49 AM

Hookah has more nicotine than a cigar in my experience. After an hour of a Hookah, when I stand it's like "oh man".

RobR1205 10-07-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1888664)
Hookah has more nicotine than a cigar in my experience. After an hour of a Hookah, when I stand it's like "oh man".

This. Might have something to do with the fact that I usually drink with hookah.... But even after a couple of drags, I can feel the lightheadedness come on. Even two or three cigars in a row doesn't do that to me anymore.

hotreds 10-07-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Not according to the labels! Although I guess it also depends on the sheesha, but the two I've tried show less than 1% nicotine content.

the nub 10-07-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

the amount that you intake can be more but I think that has more to do with how often you deeply inhale. If you smoked a cigar like you do hookah, I'm sure you'd be on your ass after the first few puffs. I've found the best way to counteract the lightheadedness is to drink plenty of fluids during a session.

stearns 10-07-2013 01:29 PM

It's my understanding that hookah is more of a vaporization than combustion (the heat source never directly touches the tobacco, hence the foil or metal screen and air buffer between the charcoal and shisha). once the shisha starts to actually burn, it's time to empty the bowl. therefore, it's dificult to compare the two, as obviously cigars require combustion. it would be more appropriate to compare it to an e-cig, which again is difficult, but at least then you're comparing granny smiths to macintosh's. just this one fool's thoughts :2

hotreds 10-07-2013 02:00 PM

Yes, you "bake" the hooka tobacco.

mosesbotbol 10-08-2013 11:20 AM

Hookah is a less expensive alternate than handing out 4-5 cigars to friends after dinner.