Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I wish Palio's didn't Look so Cheap (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12142)

jrwingate6 03-15-2009 10:32 PM

I wish Palio's didn't Look so Cheap

Seriously though, the thing cut's great but damn it looks and feels cheap. I wonder why they cant make a all stainless or something. I would love to have this blade in a nice heavy frame. What do you guys think about their look?

icehog3 03-15-2009 10:36 PM

Re: I wish Palio's didn't Look so Cheap

I am more concerned with function than with form. :2

pnoon 03-15-2009 10:37 PM

I think the simple look is just fine. I don't think it looks or feels cheap at all. :2

awsmith4 03-15-2009 10:38 PM

I personally think they look good, and the weight is something I like. I had a stainless Xikar and it was too heavy in my pocket for daily carry

SmokinCozy 03-15-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 289073)

:tpd: I love this dayum thing and find it hard to use anything else

jrwingate6 03-15-2009 10:39 PM

I am also tired of this cutter coming off it's tracks. It feels like it's sticking too when I open it. I cleaned it out numerous times.

icehog3 03-15-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrwingate6 (Post 289081)
I am also tired of this cutter coming off it's tracks. It feels like it's sticking too when I open it. I cleaned it out numerous times.

The manufacturer stands behind them and will fix or replace it free. The owner happens to be a member here.

I find it curious your first two posts here are to rip on Palio. Smells of an agenda to me.....apologies if I am wrong.

skullnrose 03-15-2009 10:49 PM

I'm not concerned with it's looks. You can't buy a better cutter.As far as it sticking I wash mine with Dawn in super hot water seems to do the trick.

awsmith4 03-15-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

I have had mine for almost two years and never had it come off the tracks, so maybe its a defective piece. I would take it back to the store because they will replace it on the spot, no hassle.

SmokinCozy 03-15-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

I think you can take these to any retailer that sells them and exchange with no questions asked. at least that's what I heard. Mine has cut hundreds of sticks and is still as sharp as the first.

Whee 03-15-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 289086)
The manufacturer stands behind them and will fix or replace it free. The owner happens to be a member here.

I find it curious your first two posts here are to rip on Palio. Smells of an agenda to me.....apologies if I am wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

nozero 03-15-2009 10:51 PM

I've had mine for about a year now, maybe more. I still love it. I like the look, the feel and the job it does.
:2

SilverFox 03-15-2009 10:53 PM

I love my Palios I have used them exclusively for over a year and converted many BOTL's as well as run two group buys for them. I like them so much I accidently gave my last on away to a guy I was herfing with that really liked it after he tried it. Lucky for me a great BOTL hooked me up with a new one. I have cut probably 1000 cigars with Palio and never had a single problem or bad cut.

But what the hell do I know I am just a dumbass Canadian :cb

pnoon 03-15-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverFox (Post 289108)
I love my Palios I have used them exclusively for over a year and converted many BOTL's as well as run two group buys do them. I like them so much I accidently gave my last on away to a guy I was herfing with. Lucky for me a great BOTL hooked me up with a new one. I have cut probably 1000 cigars with Palio and never had a single problem or bad cut.

But what the hell do I know I am just a dumbass Canadian :cb

Uuuhhhh . . . . nevermind. :)

Palio. A cut above.

skullnrose 03-15-2009 11:02 PM

ok while were talking palios anyone else rest their finger on the cap while they make the cut? Seems I always get strange looks when I do it but I haven't been cut or made a bad cut yet. This is even more fun while driving!

Darrell 03-15-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 289073)

:tpd:

I could give 2 shits what it looks like, when it cuts like it does -- that's all I need. :D

Ashcan Bill 03-15-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrwingate6 (Post 289063)
Seriously though, the thing cut's great but damn it looks and feels cheap. I wonder why they cant make a all stainless or something. I would love to have this blade in a nice heavy frame. What do you guys think about their look?

I have a stainless cutter manufactured by a name brand outfit that's junk. Pure, simple junk. But it looks great, it's nice and hefty, and the name alone (starts with a "C") is guaranteed to impress people. Really sexy.

I'll trade you for a Palio! Seriously. :ss

jrwingate6 03-15-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 289086)

Well your wrong about your conspiracy theory :r. I don't care for Xikar's either. I just wish their were more than 2 cutters that are very good for under 50$. I just want something different.

Savor the Stick 03-16-2009 12:47 AM

I have 2 Palio's. Don't care for them myself. There does seem to be a learning curve to using them correctly. I had a Cuban Crafter perfection cutter and still find myself reaching for that one first.

Palio is a really good cutter a lot of B/SOTL reach for them first.

Like what you use, use what you like.

Just my :2 worth.

Peace

lightning9191 03-16-2009 06:47 AM

I like my Palio. I think it looks simple, but I like that about it. Beautiful simplicity...why screw it up?