Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hammer and Sickle are no more (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62600)

cmitch 07-03-2013 09:11 PM

Hammer and Sickle are no more

This has been difficult to confirm but was told tonight that Hammer and Sickle cigars is out of business. They did not appear at the last show and it was noticed by a B&M in Madison. They can't order anymore. Apparently there was a renewed dispute with Hammer and Sickle vodka concerning continued use of the name. Hammer and Sickle vodka allowed the blend to be created to 'compliment' their vodka line. They refused to continue the license and the owner is now working with another company, don't know who yet. If you like any of their blends, it would probably be a good idea to get them while they are available.

bretted432 07-03-2013 09:21 PM

Re: Hammer and Sickle are no more

You're kidding!! How does that happen? I remember having Hammer and Sickle years back...

cmitch 07-03-2013 09:29 PM

Apparently the vodka is still available. Details are really sketchy and only told what I was informed of tonight. Cigars were released in 2007. I like the Berlin Walls myself.

maninblack 07-03-2013 10:07 PM

And another one bites the dust. Sad to see them go.

cmitch 07-05-2013 07:15 AM

I picked up 8 Berlin Wall toros and 14 robustos Wednesday. I always kept about 5 to 6 in my humi all the time and when I'd get low, buy them at the Cigar Room in Madison, AL. Got another marble box as well. Oh, well.

equetefue 07-05-2013 07:24 AM

Had one about a year ago, but didnt care for it much and neither my smoking partner that day. Still sad to see another one gone

kelmac07 07-05-2013 07:28 AM

Had a few Moscow City sticks awhile back and was less than impressed.

cmitch 07-05-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1857735)
Had a few Moscow City sticks awhile back and was less than impressed.

I didn't like the Moscow City nor the regular blends. The only one I liked was the Berlin Walls. They've always been a regular in my rotation.

aaron72 07-05-2013 10:09 AM

This is disappointing as I enjoyed the Berlin Wall. They always had great presentation for their cigars.

dunng 07-07-2013 08:44 PM

The Cigar Agency was the distributor for H&S... However, they sold off all but one of their cigar lines to 2 Guys. I am not sure if they were just the distributor or more and if this is included... :ss

cmitch 07-07-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunng (Post 1858428)
The Cigar Agency was the distributor for H&S... However, they sold off all but one of their cigar lines to 2 Guys. I am not sure if they were just the distributor or more and if this is included... :ss

The owner of the blends works for 2 guys so that would make sense. Maybe we'll see the Berlin Wall pop up again.

dunng 07-08-2013 08:18 AM

I'll settle for Moscow City! :tu

DaBear 07-08-2013 05:40 PM

Whelp, according to halfwheel(who tagged this thread) they're continuing and planning on releasing a new stick at the show. Supposedly they're distributing their own stuff now.

cmitch 07-08-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBear (Post 1858840)
Whelp, according to halfwheel(who tagged this thread) they're continuing and planning on releasing a new stick at the show. Supposedly they're distributing their own stuff now.

It appears they are all new blends. The manager at the Cigar Room said the blender partnered with H&S vodka in 2006 to produce cigars to compliment their vodka. Last year, HS vodka wanted to buy the line and he refused. They, in turn, said, "Well, you no longer have a name." He shuts down and goes to work at 2 guys. This is what was relayed to me. I guess we'll see how this plays out.

HAMMER + SICKLE 07-09-2013 09:44 AM

We are proud to say Hammer + Sickle is still alive and well. My name is Eric Hanson and I am the Founder and Chairman of the company. There is no separation from the vodka, we are still one company. We have simply moved cigar distribution companies from The Cigar Agency to our own in house distribution. We will be at the IPCPR showcasing our newest cigar Icon Series and our new website will be launching this Friday. Hope this clears everything up. Any questions please let me know. All the best and keep enjoying Hammer + Sickle.

Zane 07-09-2013 10:01 AM

Look at Clayton starting rumors! :r:r

dunng 07-09-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMMER + SICKLE (Post 1859152)
We are proud to say Hammer + Sickle is still alive and well. My name is Eric Hanson and I am the Founder and Chairman of the company. There is no separation from the vodka, we are still one company. We have simply moved cigar distribution companies from The Cigar Agency to our own in house distribution. We will be at the IPCPR showcasing our newest cigar Icon Series and our new website will be launching this Friday. Hope this clears everything up. Any questions please let me know. All the best and keep enjoying Hammer + Sickle.

Will the Moscow City and Berlin Wall still be available? :ss

cmitch 07-09-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zane (Post 1859156)
Look at Clayton starting rumors! :r:r

I only posted what I heard. Isn't that how rumors get started? :D

I have more questions than answers right now. Our local B&M cannot get Berlin Walls and Moscow Citys anymore. Are they going to be again available?

dunng 07-11-2013 08:39 AM

Somewhat related... H&S previous distributor (and blender?).

http://www.cigar-coop.com/2013/07/ci...eserva-by.html
http://www.cigar-coop.com/2013/07/ne...by-victor.html

:tu

aaron72 07-19-2013 02:27 PM

I attended IPCPR and they had a booth setup that had all of the lines there, Moscow City, Berlin Wall, the new Icon as well as the Second Growth.