Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cremosa Cubana (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7328)

Bax 01-04-2009 05:46 PM

Re: Cremosa Cubana

I've been wondering of these were as bad as people thought and wanted to give one a try... until your review. :D

Genetic Defect 01-04-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bax (Post 149529)
I've been wondering of these were as bad as people thought and wanted to give one a try... until your review. :D

Tim wanna trade Cremosa for VR?

doctorcue 01-04-2009 05:47 PM

Hah... I remember thinking this "stick" was OK when Darrell hit me with one. Yet, slowly but surely it started to suck and get acrid. Yet, I think people should take at least one puff. If anything; these dog-rockets make you appreciate all smokes. Even the so-so ones.

Wanger 03-02-2009 12:51 PM

OK...I just had one of these nastys this weekend. Dan sent it to me blind and said he'd tell me what it was after I smoked it.

So. I looked at the cigar pre cutting. Not a triple cap...not a CC. Decently constructed and very light color. Not a whole lot of scent to it. Cut cleanly with my Palio. Fist draws prelite were fairly bland...not much flavor at all.

So after lighting it, I am bombarded with underfermented and grassy nastiness. The flavor was horrible. It was one of the worst, if not the worst cigars I've ever had. I decided to give it a go and hope that it would get better. Nope. Not at all. The flavor was purely rancid to me. Like I said...underfermented and like grass and hay. YUCK!!! I smoked between 1/3 and 1/2 of it before I had to pitch it. I didn't want to destroy my taste bud permanently.

So in closing thanks but no thanks Dan for giving me the opportunity (!?!?!?!?!?!) to tryone of these legends (of ill repute).

elderboy02 03-02-2009 01:17 PM

I bought a 5'er of these off of Hardcz. That was a mistake. The cigar smelled like dog feces, and the taste was just as bad. Stay far away from these pieces of s***. I will bomb some people on here with the remaining 4, so watch out.

Don Fernando 03-02-2009 01:28 PM

I heard Steve and Gary like them Dan :r

elderboy02 03-02-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fernando (Post 266449)
I heard Steve and Gary like them Dan :r

Actually, Bao said he likes them. Hmmmm.. there is an idea! :)

357 03-03-2009 10:18 AM

You guys hit the nail on the head with these turds. For the first 1/2 inch you're thinking, these aren't THAT bad or they could be worse...

and that's when it happens. They get worse, much much worse.

Dan brought a bunch of them to our monthy herf in Rochester, MI. That's where SAM's avatar pic was taken, about when his Cremosa hit the 1/2 in point. We all pitched them at the same time.

The only thing worse than that Cremosa was the aroma from the Cherry bomb he lit up later. He just about cleared the room with that stench. We actually made him put it out. :)

Cigargal 03-03-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertw1249 (Post 146860)
hi all how bad can they be are they as bad as QUORUM cigars

There's one born every minute.
:r

landhoney 03-23-2009 08:51 PM

Finally smoking one of these. Bobarian 'kindly' (notice the quotes) gifted me TWO of these, churchills no less. :r Its funny because, like the OP, it didn't start out so bad. The first few puffs I was thinking, "this is not good....but its not that bad". But slowly the bad flavor builds in your mouth. I was thinking "you should keep smoking to give it a fair shake." But then I kept noticing this bad flavor in my mouth building. :r And I want to put the cigar down, but like a bad movie, you sometimes want to see how bad it will get. Oh well, 3/4 of an inch is all I can stomach. Maybe I didn't get to the 'absolutely wretched' point, but at least I can say I have experienced all that is "CREMOSA".

elderboy02 03-23-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landhoney (Post 300678)
Finally smoking one of these. Bobarian 'kindly' (notice the quotes) gifted me TWO of these, churchills no less. :r Its funny because, like the OP, it didn't start out so bad. The first few puffs I was thinking, "this is not good....but its not that bad". But slowly the bad flavor builds in your mouth. I was thinking "you should keep smoking to give it a fair shake." But then I kept noticing this bad flavor in my mouth building. :r And I want to put the cigar down, but like a bad movie, you sometimes want to see how bad it will get. Oh well, 3/4 of an inch is all I can stomach. Maybe I didn't get to the 'absolutely wretched' point, but at least I can say I have experienced all that is "CREMOSA".

Yep. The first 0.5 inch wasn't bad, then it was horrible :pu

SmokeyJoe 03-23-2009 09:19 PM

Kudos on having the guts to do what I would not... hysterical! :D

bobarian 03-24-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landhoney (Post 300678)

They are definitely an "experience". This weekend at the Barn herf I witnessed one of the most heroic feats of smoking I have ever seen. Bonjing(Greg) manned up big time and smoked one past the band! :bh
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1869/cremosanub2.jpg http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9094/cremosanub.jpg

bonjing 03-24-2009 08:00 PM

either my pallet is not as refined as you guys, or i may have none at all :D. I think i just got lucky. full clouds of smoke, but not much if any flavor. it did get a little bitter here and there but it quickly disappeared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 300935)
They are definitely an "experience". This weekend at the Barn herf I witnessed one of the most heroic feats of smoking I have ever seen. Bonjing(Greg) manned up big time and smoked one past the band! :bh

you sure you didn't mean horrific :r

bobarian 03-24-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 302383)

either my pallet is not as refined as you guys, or i may have none at all :D. I think i just got lucky. full clouds of smoke, but not much if any flavor. it did get a little bitter here and there but it quickly disappeared.

you sure you didn't mean horrific :r

You're right. I couldt figure out whether to rise and cheer or shake my head in pity. :r

BORIStheBLADE 03-24-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 302402)
You're right. I couldt figure out whether to rise and cheer or shake my head in pity. :r

Thats some funny stuff..:r:r:r