Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=44641)

muhren 04-13-2011 11:36 AM

Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club

Just got an e-mail from Tatuaje's Saints & Sinners Club this afternoon.

Concept (simplified and described by me): Join for a certain amount of $ and get access to discounts on LE cigars & swag that others cannot.

Who is going to be joining/passing?

Thoughts on Pete's concept for the club?

M

Mutombo 04-13-2011 11:40 AM

Re: Tatuaje Saints & Sinners club

I got the email too, I've been excited for this. I'll be joining and think it's a good idea for those who really love Pete's stuff.

Eleven 04-13-2011 11:41 AM

Sorry, I'll take Tats whenever I can get them, but creating a new 'class' of cigar smoker goes against everything a BOTL should stand for.

neoflex 04-13-2011 11:55 AM

I got the e-mail but your really not getting much for the $150 fee to play. So you pay $150 to get discounts/access to some LEs, you get to watch videos of Pete and have access to his message board. I like Pete's cigars but that is kind of pricey for what you get in return. It's nice that a percentage goes to charity but for that price I would want more in return. Hell throw me a T-shirt or two and maybe some other BS swag but you don't even get that. Hey if you pay me $150 I will give you access to buy more of my stuff just isn't working for me in this case.

NCRadioMan 04-13-2011 11:56 AM

$150 for a few discounts? :lr

elderboy02 04-13-2011 11:59 AM

I will be joining. On another forum, he said you get a nice sampler when you join the club.

muhren 04-13-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 1235159)
I will be joining. On another forum, he said you get a nice sampler when you join the club.

Could be! I don't know. It wasn't mentioned in the e-mail.

M

wayner123 04-13-2011 12:16 PM

I wonder if retailers can buy in and then pass those savings onto buyers? That would be a way to work around the no discounting Tatuaje products for merchants.

Darrell 04-13-2011 12:19 PM

Pass.

stearns 04-13-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 1235159)

im contemplating joining as well, but some bs swag thrown around would help me make a decision

stearns

T.G 04-13-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 1235176)
Pass.

You? Pass? OMFG! What is the world coming to?

http://crazygonutz.com/covey/homeAlone.jpg

Pete was saving the membership card with ID #000001 just for you D.

muhren 04-13-2011 12:24 PM

Someone questioned if the discount was on actual cigars on another board. Thoughts? Lines read this:
"Exclusive, one-off products available only to members (select products may not be available for purchase through the S&S webstore)"
&
"First looks at new cigar blends, swag, as well as insider info on Tatuaje and other Pete Johnson brands"

No mention of actual discount on cigars. Just 'first looks'?

Mind you, I'm not any more familiar with it than anyone else...I just posted to see what the interest in something like this club is.

M

KidRock 04-13-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleven (Post 1235144)
Sorry, I'll take Tats whenever I can get them, but creating a new 'class' of cigar smoker goes against everything a BOTL should stand for.

100 Percent Agreed!

muhren 04-13-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 1235188)
So, those of us who join a fan club of sorts, makes us better than all other cigar smokers? :confused: :sh

Interesting...

Maybe the 'members only' mentality is what they're talking about? :sh

Kind of country club-ish? :sh

I have no opinion on the matter one way or another at this point, I'm just seeing which way the wind is blowing on this new concept.

M

nofeardiver 04-13-2011 12:35 PM

I never got the email :-( but does sound steep, for a early inside look at whats coming out, and maybe get a few LEs, but i do like how you guys said part goes to charity, but what charity and if you really wanted to why not just donate the $150 yourself straight to the charity...

pnoon 04-13-2011 12:39 PM

Being a BOTL has nothing to do with it.
Pete is a businessman and wants your $$$. Pure and simple. He is perpetuating, thru creative marketing, an exclusivity that many want to be a part of. He is very successful at it.
Posted via Mobile Device

shilala 04-13-2011 12:43 PM

Now I can get my Johnson's club and my Thompson's club all at one low, low price.
How very convenient.
Somehow I sense a John Thomas joke on the horizon. I will now set the official clock.

Brutus2600 04-13-2011 12:45 PM

I was really interested when he talked about this on some video, about getting a nice sampler of unreleased products, having access to single farm puros...cool stuff like that. The email they sent out this afternoon didn't sound like it was much more than access, discounts, and maybe a few freebies thrown my way. Not sure it's worth $150, but I'll keep watching to see what else might be included with membership. I can't imagine it's as dinky as it sounds.

Also, since the $150 is going to charity...is it tax deductable? :p

muhren 04-13-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1235198)
Being a BOTL has nothing to do with it.
Pete is a businessman and wants your $$$. Pure and simple. He is perpetuating, thru creative marketing, an exclusivity that many want to be a part of. He is very successful at it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pete - your personal thoughts? (Not what you think others will/should do...just your own ideas)

membership = Good idea?
membership = Bad idea?

M

muhren 04-13-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutus2600 (Post 1235209)
Also, since the $150 is going to charity...is it tax deductable? :p

I believe it's just part of the fee:
"The knowledge that a portion of your annual membership fee will go to an eclectic mix of charities"

M