Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which ,H Upmann (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53932)

Big Maduro 03-01-2012 10:17 PM

Which ,H Upmann

I have researched a lot os cigars. Not these so much. Whats a good H Upmann to try?

icehog3 03-01-2012 10:18 PM

Re: Which ,H Upmann

NC or CC?

Big Maduro 03-01-2012 10:21 PM

NC

icehog3 03-01-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Maduro (Post 1578139)
NC

Don't think I've ever had one, sorry Brother.

TXRebel 03-01-2012 10:32 PM

Try the H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon.

Big Maduro 03-01-2012 10:34 PM

Cameroon, sounds good. Any paticular vitola,that you prefer?

TXRebel 03-01-2012 10:40 PM

I've only had the churchill.

Adriftpanda 03-01-2012 11:53 PM

Forget what everyone just said and find yourself some HU Super Coronas, they are CC.

irratebass 03-02-2012 03:48 AM

Have only had one H Upmann NC and I wasn't impressed.....haven't written them off, just scared to try another right now.

Reaver2145 03-02-2012 04:56 AM

Its my VERY honest opinion that the non cuban imposter upmanns are just not worth trying and you should save your money and buy a nice AF don carlos instead but to be helpful the one i had that wasnt half bad (wasnt good though) was the upmann cabinet selection robusto.

CRIMPS 03-02-2012 08:20 AM

Agree with Huy, I vote for finding CCs. I haven't had a Super Corona as Huy suggested. My recommendation would be the PC.

Big Maduro 03-02-2012 08:49 AM

Interesting, I know the CC Upmann's are a big name. I can't see comming across any CC. I would have thought they would have a better rep. Thanks guys.

awsmith4 03-02-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Maduro (Post 1578614)
Interesting, I know the CC Upmann's are a big name. I can't see comming across any CC. I would have thought they would have a better rep. Thanks guys.

What you are going to find is that most Non Cuban brands that carry a Cuban moniker are made by Altadis and General Cigar, the two largest tobacco companies in the world. The cigars are usually consistent. But often their cigars are made for the masses and are somewhat bland. I'm not saying every cigar the two companies make are that way but it seems in my experience that they most of what they release are fairly one dimensional. The NC H.Upmann line is sure to have some well constructed and decent smokes but for the price I have found other cigars I like much better. The Cuban H. Upmanns are one of my favorite Marcas but sadly their is no resemblance between Cuban and Non Cuban brands of the same name.

The Vintage Cameroon mentioned above is one of the first cigars I had a box of. They were good smokes but after I tried other brands with Cameroon tobacco, such as Fuente (Hemingway and Don Carlos) and Oliva (Series G), I never went back because others seemed to deliver cigars that tasted better, to me, at the same or lower price.

With all that said, trying new cigars is fun. Don't let discouraging words here stop you from trying them for yourself. You may find your favorite cigar that way. I cannot judge what your taste buds will like. There are many cigars that people rave about that don't suit me but that's why such a variety is produced.

Big Maduro 03-02-2012 09:32 AM

Yeah, I have found that some cigars that have been trashed in reviews were to my liking. Thanks for the explanation.