Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period. (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=705)

Chainsaw13 01-12-2021 07:23 AM

Re: Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garryyjr (Post 2211428)
What are your thoughts on the Muka VS Moka? You use the milk option often, like doing it that way?

If you like cappuccino, the Mukka does a decent job. I’ve had issues with the valve, leaking from the o-ring. That causes it to not get up to full pressure. Looking online, they’re not cheap pots/parts. I see now they discontinued making it.

Savor the Stick 01-12-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 2211418)
80lbs? Wow!

East enough to get that much. 10lbs here, 30 here, etc. When you find stuff you like at a good price, you really gotta jump on it quick. I have missed sales when the offer was 150lbs and it would sell out in 25 minutes.
Blessings you all!

CigarSquid 01-12-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 2211430)
Something about the Bialletti moka pots that I noticed, was that the smaller ones make better coffee or faux-spresso or whatever you want to call it. My 3 or 4 cup made better coffee than my 6. My 1 cupper did a better job than both of the others. Ended up getting rid of the other two and just keeping the 1 cup. I found a stainless (not sure of the brand) 2 or 3 cup in a thrift store for a buck or so a couple months ago, I suppose someday I should actually try it.

Honestly though, my aeropress does a better job than any of the pots.

Please help me on the AeroPress, as I am not a fan and I Have had it for yeeeears.

I recently even got the Fellow Prismo adapter, and still have the same thoughts about it... It is a good dust collector currently.

Snook 01-12-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 (Post 2211431)
If you like cappuccino, the Mukka does a decent job. I’ve had issues with the valve, leaking from the o-ring. That causes it to not get up to full pressure. Looking online, they’re not cheap pots/parts. I see now they discontinued making it.

I had a Mukka several years ago and I loved that thing. But yeah, the valve and frother ended up malfunctioning and I eventually threw it in the garbage. Too bad it was badly designed.

CigarSquid 01-12-2021 12:54 PM

Sounds like I'll stick with the Moka Express I got. I rather add the milk myself after reading up on it.

Snook 01-12-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garryyjr (Post 2211461)
Sounds like I'll stick with the Moka Express I got. I rather add the milk myself after reading up on it.

For sure. I've had my 1-cupper since college and it's still producing quality brew. The rubber gasket is the only thing that needs replacing once in a while. Try making a cafe cubano. It's really easy, strong, and pairs well with a petite corona.

T.G 01-12-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garryyjr (Post 2211440)
Please help me on the AeroPress, as I am not a fan and I Have had it for yeeeears.

I recently even got the Fellow Prismo adapter, and still have the same thoughts about it... It is a good dust collector currently.

Maybe it's just not your thing then.

I just follow the directions as they were written and I like it. And don't grind too fine.

CigarSquid 01-13-2021 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 2211472)
Maybe it's just not your thing then.

I just follow the directions as they were written and I like it. And don't grind too fine.

I will give it a go when I roast my own. Same here, followed the instructions, watched a few videos.

Grind is supposed to be on the coarse side.

mosesbotbol 01-13-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garryyjr (Post 2211513)
I will give it a go when I roast my own. Same here, followed the instructions, watched a few videos.

Grind is supposed to be on the coarse side.

Put it up for sale or donate then. Why have it collect dust.

CigarSquid 01-13-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 2211525)
Put it up for sale or donate then. Why have it collect dust.

I may just do that if I feel the same way after the home roast.

CigarSquid 02-28-2023 08:52 AM

Wild, now I use my AeroPress almost daily! It makes great coffee pretty dang quick.