Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Red's Fans Check in (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13569)

chippewastud79 07-04-2010 05:22 PM

Re: Red's Fans Check in

3 out of 4 against the lowly Cubs is a nice way to start a long road trip. :tu

elderboy02 07-04-2010 05:48 PM

Reds dominate! Reds dominate! :banger

chippewastud79 07-04-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 907419)
Reds dominate! Reds dominate! :banger

Dan's wonderful insight.

'Reds' with some random adjective! followed by: :banger:banger:banger:banger

hotreds 07-04-2010 05:55 PM

:banger:banger:banger:banger:2

elderboy02 07-04-2010 09:25 PM

WTH is up with Votto getting snubbed for the All-Star game?

We definitely have to vote him in :tu

waffle 07-04-2010 09:28 PM

Yup, the only Red (Central Division 1st Place team) even on the starting team is Arthur Rhodes... booooo.

chippewastud79 07-04-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffle (Post 907493)
Yup, the only Red (Central Division 1st Place team) even on the starting team is Arthur Rhodes... booooo.

Frankly, because the fans vote for the starters, none of the Reds were going to be a starter. Small market team with fickle fans who don't care enough to vote or even go to games, they have been one of the top two teams in the division and can't sell out a game. Votto should have been the manager's choice as he is likely not going to win the 'Vote in'. :rolleyes:

elderboy02 07-05-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 907529)
Frankly, because the fans vote for the starters, none of the Reds were going to be a starter. Small market team with fickle fans who don't care enough to vote or even go to games, they have been one of the top two teams in the division and can't sell out a game. Votto should have been the manager's choice as he is likely not going to win the 'Vote in'. :rolleyes:

I agree. Charlie Manuel sucks. He just got lucky with the players he has in Philly. He sucked in Cleveland. Charlie Manuel must have slept through all of the Red's games. There is a strong possibility of that since he is so old.

smitdavi 07-05-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 907529)

Which is crazy...there could be a good argument for him being the starting 1st baseman for the NL. I'm convinced he will be on the team by the end of the week.

chippewastud79 07-05-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitdavi (Post 907607)
Which is crazy...there could be a good argument for him being the starting 1st baseman for the NL. I'm convinced he will be on the team by the end of the week.

He has the best stats of the 'Vote in' players, but Reds fans couldn't vote any of the other players in either. I am still very suprised that the players didn't vote Votto in and very suprised that Manuel didn't pick him as his last player. The argument for him as the starter is deifinitely there, but there was no way he will ever beat out Pujols for the fan vote as long as he is playing. :tu

Even Griffey got over a million votes this year based on legacy, because that was certainly not based on stats. He is the all-time leading vote getter for the Mid-Summer Classic and certainly didn't have the stats every year to be the starter. :2

smitdavi 07-05-2010 07:20 PM

The kind of SH!T they are doing tonight drives me absolutely crazy!!!!

chippewastud79 07-05-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitdavi (Post 908010)
The kind of SH!T they are doing tonight drives me absolutely crazy!!!!

They have been living on the edge all season and most of them have fallen our way thus far, but if we have used up all our luck for the season and they start going the other way, we could be in a world of hurt. :bh

chippewastud79 07-05-2010 07:26 PM

Good news is, Joey Votto is a fricken G! :tu

Also, good to see Stubbs in the dugout asking a real hitter how to get some hits. :rolleyes:

smitdavi 07-05-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 908015)
Good news is, Joey Votto is a fricken G! :tu

Also, good to see Stubbs in the dugout asking a real hitter how to get some hits. :rolleyes:

I did my part and voted non stop for about 30 minutes. It would be an absolute crime if he wasn't in the All-Star game.

hotreds 07-05-2010 07:55 PM

Just got an email that the Reds are seriously looking at Cliff Lee. Now, THAT would be something!

chippewastud79 07-05-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitdavi (Post 908041)
I did my part and voted non stop for about 30 minutes. It would be an absolute crime if he wasn't in the All-Star game.

He is up against the MLB leader in saves and bigger market players, but it sounds like he might be in the lead right now. Whats sick, is the players should have put him in from jump street. :confused:

smitdavi 07-05-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 908046)
He is up against the MLB leader in saves and bigger market players, but it sounds like he might be in the lead right now. Whats sick, is the players should have put him in from jump street. :confused:

No question. I was perusing the MLB.com site and it did say he was leading the vote right now.

smitdavi 07-05-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotreds (Post 908045)
Just got an email that the Reds are seriously looking at Cliff Lee. Now, THAT would be something!

That would be nice, but I don't want to give up the farm for him. I also hope it isn't just a "rent a player" scenario for a half a year. If we trade for him I hope we can find a way to sign him to a long term deal to keep him around for a while.

elderboy02 07-05-2010 08:43 PM

Reds win! Reds win! :banger

chippewastud79 07-05-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 908073)
Reds win! Reds win! :banger

What a suprise :rolleyes:

Reds adjective (Banger)