Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good morning Post and sports update (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7301)

Stogieman 12-28-2009 03:50 AM

Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, it's back to work but it's a short week and I took Thursday off in preperation of New Year's eve. There were some good and bad football games yesterday but all-in-all, the day was a relaxing one. I'll enjoy watching all the college Bowl games this week that are televised as the schools have nothing to lose and will play thier hardest to win. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets ready to bring in the new year........ :banger

Stogieman 12-29-2009 03:47 AM

Good morning everybody and yes, the coffee is on as always. I got to watch yesterday's Bowl game between Georgia and Texas A&M. The special teams for Georgia won the game for them with a final score of 44 - 20. I didn't watch much of the Vikings / Bears game but I do see that the Bears won it in overtime 36 - 30. There are a couple of more Bowl games today and hopefully I get to see some of them. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy....... :ss

Stogieman 12-30-2009 03:46 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, yesterday was a cold one with temps in the teens all day and the wind chill was in the single digits. Here's the prediction for the next few days according to NOAA:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Last night there were a couple of good Bowl games on and it was good to see UCLA come back and win the game over Temple. Then in the later game Wisconsin was victorious over Miami. Bowl week continues today with again a couple of outstanding games that I'm sure will keep you on your edge. I hope everyone has a great day and is getting ready to bring in the new year, enjoy....... :chr

Stogieman 12-31-2009 07:03 AM

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. A number of us were at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars last night enjoying primo stogies and watching some great college football. The Idaho / Bowling Green game came down to the final seconds with Idaho completing a 2 point conversion winning over Bowling Green 43 to 42. The Nebraska vs. Arizona game was a blowout in favor of the Cornhusker 33 - 0. I know that they'll be a number of good games again today and hopefully I get to watch a couple of them. Later on this evening Beth and I will be heading over to one of our nephews home to bring in the New Year and enjoy the festivities. I hope everyone has a safe evening as well and you get to enjoy a few of your favorites while your at it......... :tu

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!

Stogieman 01-02-2010 07:07 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Enjoyed yesterday watching the Rose Parade and then college Bowl games all day. There are more games to watch today and I'm sure the excitement will be there as it was yesterday. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and you get the chance to enjoy a favorite or two or...... :ss

Stogieman 01-03-2010 07:55 AM

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. Just how it's been for the past few days, yesterday's college Bowl games outstanding. Started the day off by going over to Schlesingers Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars and enjoying a few primo sticks with Ralph (ilcchef2) who gifted a nice one from south of Miami. Finished off the evening watching Bowl game after Bowl game, what could be better. Today we have some NFL games to watch; Giants vs. Vikings, Eagles vs. Cowboys and then this evening Jets vs. Bengals. Glad I'm staying in today as the temps are staying in the single digits most of the day with the wind chill added to it. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........ :D

Stogieman 01-04-2010 03:58 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the NFL playoff schedule is all set and I hope your team made it. Here's a look as to who is playing who and when:

http://www.nfl.com/

Today we have another Bowl game with Boise State taking on TCU at 2000(8pm) on ESPN. Should be another good game to watch as we are getting down to the BCS Championship game this Thursday. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it....... :chr

Stogieman 01-05-2010 03:39 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, I didn't stay up for the entire Fiesta Bowl but what I did see of the Boise State vs. TCU was a head to head game. I see that Boise State won 17 - 10, congrats to the Broncos and thier undefeated season. Tonight at 2000(8pm) we have the Orange Bowl with Iowa taking on Georgia Tech on the FOX network. Anyway, I hope everyone has good day and enjoys...... :)

Stogieman 01-06-2010 04:08 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, I see Iowa held off Georgia Tech 24 - 14 to win the Orange Bowl and tonight is another good one. It's the GMAC Bowl with Central Michigan taking on Troy at 1900(7pm) on ESPN. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy Hump Day and enjoys a favorite ceegar if you get the chance....... :ss

Stogieman 01-07-2010 04:05 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, it took a while but Central Michigan won over Troy to win the GMAC Bowl in double overtime 44 - 41. That means one thing, tonight is the BCS Bowl Championship between Alabama & Texas. It should be a good match up with #1 taking on #2 in the BCS Standings. We'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and watching at least the 1st half there. If your close by and enjoy college football, stop by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........ :banger

Stogieman 01-08-2010 03:49 AM

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. Congrats to Alabama for winning the BCS Bowl game 37 - 21 over Texas who's quarterback was out of the game in the first series with a shoulder injury. Schlesinger's was packed and S/BOTL from all over that we haven't seen in a while showed up for the game. For this weekend, Saturday should be a good one with NFL Wild Card play games starting at 1630(4:30pm) and continuing through the night. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys......... :chr

T.G.I.F.

Stogieman 01-09-2010 06:02 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, today is the 1st of the NFL wild card games and I know that they'll be some good ones. Beth is a Jets fan so I'll be pulling for her team and I'm an Eagles fan and she'll do the same for me, hopefully both of our teams advance to the next level. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and relaxes with a favorite or two or....... :ss

Stogieman 01-10-2010 07:39 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, a big congrats to the Jet's, my wife Beth is very happy. AS far as my Eagles, there's always next year. Congrats to the Cowboys, at least that billion dollar facility wasn't a waste of money. Anyway, today we have a couple of more games to watch and I hope the better teams win so they playoff picture brings us a good show next week. I hope evereyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........ :)

Stogieman 01-11-2010 03:58 AM

Good morning everyone and as always, the coffee is on. Had a good afternoon yesterday at Schlesinger's / Hudson Valley Cigars watching the Patriots fall to the Ravens 33 -14 while smoking a couple of primo stogies. But the best game all weekend was the 2nd game yesterday; the Packers / Cardinals was a head to head battle with Arizona winning in overtime, 51 - 45. I'm sure all of the teams that are scheduled to play next weekend are stepping up there game now and I can hardly wait till Saturday. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great week and you take the time to smoke a couple of your favorites through out it........ :pi

Stogieman 01-12-2010 03:58 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, I checked NOAA and the temps up here in the West Point area will finally get above freezing from Thursday thru Saturday:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I can hardly wait as we have been hoverring in the single digits to the mid 20s for the past few week. Anyway, there's much going on this evening except the season premiere of American Idol on FOX. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........ :)

Stogieman 01-13-2010 03:56 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, I checked out NOAA again this morning and it looks like after today we have a heat wave comin' our way to the Northeast. There's not much going on this week, a few meetings at work, the normal winter sports and other activities that keep us busy until the weekend comes our way. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys........ :tu

Stogieman 01-14-2010 04:00 AM

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Since today is Thursday, we'll be meeting at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening to enjoy a couple of primo sticks and exchange the weeks news. If you're in the area and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........ :D

Stogieman 01-15-2010 03:45 AM

Good morning all, the joe is brewin' and T.G.I.F. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesingers smoking ceegars, telling good jokes and celibrating Ian's birthday (thefatguy). This weekend we have more NFL football games to watch and I have my fingers crossed that the Jets (Beth's team) advance to the next level so I'll have a team to root for since the Eagles got knocked out last week. I hope everyone has a great weekend and you get to relax and enjoy a favorite or two or....... :ss

Stogieman 01-16-2010 06:37 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Today we have a couple of NFL playoff games that I'll try and catch on the tube. The same goes for tomorrow but Beth and I will be heading over to one of our nieces for a football party. I love these 3 day weekends as Monday will be a relaxing one as well as today and tomorrow. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys....... :)

Stogieman 01-17-2010 05:09 AM

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, yesterday's NFL game winners were no surprise. New Orleans and Indianapolis both won thier games and have advanced to thier respective conference championship games next week. Today we have Dallas taking on Minnesota at 1300(1pm) and then the New York Jets vs. the San Diego Chargers will follow at 1640(4:40pm). Both games should be exciting and I hope that the Jets advance for Beth's sake. Anyway, I hope everyone continues to enjoy the weekend and gets to smoke a favorite or two....... :chr