Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Visiting the Phoenix area May 3-8 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13551)

14holestogie 04-07-2009 06:21 PM

Visiting the Phoenix area May 3-8

Heading out to AZ for our annual golf extravaganza the first full week of May.

Any BOTL (or SOTL) want to get together for a smoke, and if so where and when? Like to put a few faces to the names I see bandied about here.
I have references. They're all bad, but references none the less. :)

We'll be staying in Mesa at Painted Mountain. Anything close by I should check out? Even if it's a ways, I'll have a vehicle to get around.

Let me know if you'd be interested and we'll set something up.

Thanks,
Tim

kgoings 04-07-2009 06:54 PM

Re: Visiting the Phoenix area May 3-8

I would love to hook up and smoke with you! Habanos Torres Cigar factory is in Mesa, there are quite a few good places to smoke.

theonlybear4CORT 04-07-2009 07:04 PM

Dude you gotta check out Mills ave on a saturday night.

also you gotta try Famous Daves BBQ
http://www.famousdaves.com/Mesa

14holestogie 04-08-2009 04:44 AM

Mike, thanks for the suggestions. Never been to Mills Ave. We fly in on Saturday, fairly early, so that could be a good way to wind down after the travel day.

We actually have a Famous Dave's BBQ about 40 miles from me (in fact, I think the franchise started near here), so I've sampled them. We'll probably be looking for some REAL Mexican food a couple times.

Kirk, most definately want to hook up whenever you can. Early evening wood probably work best for me, seeing as we'll probably be golfing during the daylight. Let me know when you're available and see if you can't persuade a few others to join in.

Keep the ideas coming. :tu

14holestogie 04-22-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgoings (Post 325549)
I would love to hook up and smoke with you! Habanos Torres Cigar factory is in Mesa, there are quite a few good places to smoke.

How does Friday, May 8th at Habanos Torres sound for a mini-herf?
MithShrike said he hangs out there usually on Fridays. Kirk can make it, I hope.
Anyone else want to join in? Any other night before that for anyone?
I'm gonna be smoking either way, but if I could meet a few BOTLs, all the better. Make some noise!

LasciviousXXX 04-22-2009 07:01 PM

Damnit! I just moved down to that area and would love to hook up with you guys for a smoke but unfortunately I will be in Maui during that time.

Sorry guys, have fun though

14holestogie 05-01-2009 09:32 AM

Final pre-flight bumpage.

Right now I'm planning to visit Habanos Torres in Mesa on Friday, May 8, probably after 5 PM for any of you that can and want to meet and smoke a few.

Any other days or places you might be interested in meeting, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can make it happen.

Sunshine, here I come! :tu

Emjaysmash 05-01-2009 09:34 AM

Well I wanna smoke!!! lol. I wish I could hit up HT with you guys. I hear it has fantastic cigars!

Have Fun Tim! TAKE PICTURES.

MithShrike 05-01-2009 01:48 PM

Ah yeah Habanos Torres guys.

14holestogie 05-06-2009 05:54 AM

One final update. It looks like the schedule is only going to allow for an earlier arrival and departure at Habonos Torres. Probably arriving noon-ish and catching a smoke or two and leaving about 3 PM. If you see an old fart there with a Masshole and CA sticker on his travel humi, that'll be me. :)

MithShrike 05-06-2009 01:41 PM

Ah darn, well I'll be working at that time on Friday. Sorry man.

14holestogie 05-08-2009 02:09 PM

All righty, it's on again. Tonight, 8-ish at Habanos Torres.
Last night in town for me and I've yet to share the leaf.

There's also a Beatles tribute band playing somewhere downtown from 6:30 to 9:30, free. Right in my price range.

MithShrike (Matt) thought he'd make it around 8 PM. I've pm-ed kgoings to see if he can make it. Any others are welcome to join in.

Tim