Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Good Eats (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Heritage Dr. Pepper and Throwback Mtn. Dew (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26900)

T.G 01-04-2010 06:27 PM

Heritage Dr. Pepper and Throwback Mtn. Dew

Ok, so I just stumbled on these two the other day, Heritage Dr. Pepper and Throwback Mtn. Dew - I guess it's the old formulas made with real sugar instead of that HFCS **** they put in everything these days.

I'm not much of a soda guy, I probably drink less than 10 sodas or other soft drinks per year, but I bought one small bottle of each (16oz?). Tried the Mtn. Dew today, seems cleaner in finish than HFCS Mtn. Dew, but, at as few sodas per year that I drink I'm really not sure.

Any soda guys out there try this stuff? Your comments?

PS: thinking about getting a case of Heritage Dr. Pepper solely to make BBQ sauce with...

G G 01-04-2010 06:40 PM

Re: Heritage Dr. Pepper and Throwback Mtn. Dew

I tried one of the MD throwbacks a while back and it kinda tasted funny to me. Prolly need to try a couple more.

McSmokey 01-04-2010 06:42 PM

Haven't seen Heritage Dr Pepper but would love to get my hands on some

chippewastud79 01-04-2010 06:47 PM

Both the Throwback Mountain Dew and Pepsi are good. Can't say they are significantly better, taste a little cleaner and different but I do enjoy both of them. I had been seeing them both in cans for a few months, but just got the 20 oz. in the last month or so. I am not a big cola fan but the Pepsi is far better than Coke and comparable to Mexi-Coke. :tu

Whee 01-04-2010 06:56 PM

Haven't seen these around here yet, but I really liked Throwback Pepsi. I am looking forward to these.:tu

neoflex 01-04-2010 07:12 PM

I had the Throwback Mt. Dew a couple months ago and was not a fan. Like the current stuff better. Now I have to hit the grocery tores looking for the Dr. Pepper and give it the Capt Morgan test.:r

madwilliamflint 01-04-2010 07:37 PM

I saw the Throwback Dew a few days ago and picked up a couple 2-liters ($1 apiece.)

I really like it. It brought into pretty stark contrast how strong the corn syrup taste is in the regular stuff. I hope they keep it around.

chachee52 01-04-2010 07:48 PM

I haven't seen it around!! Hope I do soon though.
I must say, I hope it's not a huge change. I can taste the difference between regular Mt Dew and diet and caffine free (why they did this one is beyond me!!!!!!)

elderboy02 01-04-2010 07:58 PM

I tried the throwback Mountain Dew back over the summer and I didn't like it. I prefer the regular blend.

Jbailey 01-04-2010 08:03 PM

I tried the throwback dew this past summer and enjoyed it. It did remind me of the dew of the past compared to whats out there now. (not a big fan of dew in general). I might have Boylan's or something made with can sugar with a cigar.

chippewastud79 01-04-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 707647)
I tried the throwback Mountain Dew back over the summer and I didn't like it. I prefer the regular blend.

Try the Pepsi, since we all know you are such a huge fan of it :D

elderboy02 01-04-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 707657)
Try the Pepsi, since we all know you are such a huge fan of it :D

:fu

Coke! :tu

chippewastud79 01-04-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 707744)
:fu

Coke! :tu

I believe the quote was something like, "I really like this pop better", whilst you were drinking Pepsi. Plenty of witnesses too. :D

RIsmoker 01-04-2010 09:13 PM

I love the Dr. Pepper throw back!

elderboy02 01-04-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 707748)
I believe the quote was something like, "I really like this pop better", whilst you were drinking Pepsi. Plenty of witnesses too. :D

Lies, lies I tell ya! :r

druturn 01-04-2010 09:17 PM

I've never had heritage Dr. Pepper but I have had Dublin Dr. Pepper which may be the same thing. Dublin Dr. Pepper is made with pure sugar cane and is as addicting as crack!

icehog3 01-04-2010 10:02 PM

Anything that eliminates HFCS is OK by me. ;)

CasaDooley 01-04-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by druturn (Post 707758)
I've never had heritage Dr. Pepper but I have had Dublin Dr. Pepper which may be the same thing. Dublin Dr. Pepper is made with pure sugar cane and is as addicting as crack!

Yep, it's that good!:tu http://http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

M1903A1 01-04-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 707804)
Anything that eliminates HFCS is OK by me. ;)

:tpd: :tpd: :tpd:

mariogolbee 01-04-2010 10:34 PM

I didn't like Pepsi Throwback the first time I tried it but after that it became addicting. I really want to try this Heritage Dr. Pepper though.