Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63655)

icehog3 12-15-2017 09:51 AM

Re: Pumping Iron with Adiftpanda and Icehog3 II

Better than nekid Dic pics, Huy. :lr

icehog3 12-15-2017 01:56 PM

Reverse psychology to get Huy to post nekid Dic pics failed miserably.

Chest day, went heavy for reps dropping to 4-5 on the top sets. Just 3 angles of pressing today and lots of dips. Not a great pump, but hopefully did some serious positive teardown. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it. :r

bonjing 12-15-2017 09:38 PM

If you think it’s good then it is good :tu:r

Quick lap on the treadmill

Squats
Weighted squat jumps
Cos grove complexes
Overhead farmers carry
Calf raises
Lunges
Bench lunge/squat thingy one leg on the bench thing
Kettle bell swings.

Legs felt good but almost slide down the stairs leaving the gym :r

Better stretch tonight or i know I’m going to cramp up. :su

Adriftpanda 12-15-2017 09:52 PM

That one leg thing is called Bulgarian split squat. I throw that in once or twice a week.

Squats @ 60% 5x6
Pause squats @ 50% 3x6 for 5 seconds each rep

Assault bike for 5 min

Flat bench 3x12
Seated Arnold presses 4x6

Finished off with some quick tris

mk05 12-15-2017 10:12 PM

I've changed up my life quite a bit in the last year. I have cut carbs and sugar out of my diet, and I pretty much just work with my body weight.

I basically do the same exercise daily, but different frequencies:
1000m row (~5 minutes)
1 min flat plank, 1 min side plank each
20 kettlebell swings
20 push-ups
10 pull-ups
5x

OR

2000m row (~10 minutes)
1 min flat plank, 1 min side plank each
40 kettlebell swings
40 push-ups
20 pull-ups
3x

OR

1000m row
planks
20 barbell thrusters
10 pull-ups
5x

I've become way more energetic (I know, it's scary), my sprint time is better, and I feel a lot healthier.

Adriftpanda 12-15-2017 10:31 PM

Glad to see you around Marc. Good work, whatever works for you but with all your traveling, that must be hard to resist. Bread is life!

icehog3 12-16-2017 01:04 AM

Good stuff Greg, Huy, Marc.

Hershel Walker did almost everything with bodyweight. That's a pretty good testimonial right there.

Marc, you'll have to make an exception for some alcohol sugars at the Hog Herf. ;)

Now to get some sleep before I head in to work back tomorrow. Have hockey games the next 3 consecutive nights as well, I should be toast by Tuesday.

Sh!t, what a great name for a band..... Toast By Tuesday. Call the trademark office.

mk05 12-16-2017 08:03 AM

Well you know~~~alcohol sugars are apparently not recognized by the body as regular sugar! Allegedly! Don't tell me if I'm wrong! I need this excuse to keep drinking!

Surprisingly, it hasn't been hard to cut carbs out of my diet. I don't crave bread or carbs, at all. I also drink less (not really) because my body cannot handle as much alcohol without the carbs (by this I really mean that I get massive hangovers now).

I did make one exception, and that was the morning after the first day at the Festival. I had the symptoms described by the US intelligence reports regarding the sonic attacks in Havana, the slight speech impediment, memory loss, seeing colors, massive headaches. I took a taxi to Nacional, and ate 2 Cuban sandwiches with about a liter of coffee - sunglasses on, zero conversations. Some people came up to meet me for the first time, and I was like, "sorry, not right now. Come back later." Not my proudest moment, but a moment nonetheless.

bonjing 12-16-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriftpanda (Post 2139534)
Glad to see you around Marc. Good work, whatever works for you but with all your traveling, that must be hard to resist. Bread is life!

Sourdough is life :banger

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2139541)
Good stuff Greg, Huy, Marc.

Hershel Walker did almost everything with bodyweight. That's a pretty good testimonial right there.

Marc, you'll have to make an exception for some alcohol sugars at the Hog Herf. ;)

Now to get some sleep before I head in to work back tomorrow. Have hockey games the next 3 consecutive nights as well, I should be toast by Tuesday.

Sh!t, what a great name for a band..... Toast By Tuesday. Call the trademark office.

Tom, the running back Hershel Walker? Wow I never new that.

icehog3 12-16-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjing (Post 2139574)

Tom, the running back Hershel Walker? Wow I never new that.

He did massive amounts of sit-ups, push ups, pull ups and sprints. Pretty amazing guy.

I'm pretty low in general on carbs, but do take in some simple sugars (berries, other fruit) early and a little complex carbs mid day if I have hockey, usually whole grains or the like. But I probably take in about 25% or less of the carbs I took in 10 years ago.

P.S....you're right about alcohol carbs, Marc.

Chainsaw13 12-16-2017 11:18 AM

Want feeling it last night, so I took a day off. Back at it this morning. Since the hotel dumbbells max out at 50lbs, I'm adding reps where I can.

15 mins bike to warm up
Dumbbell bench press, 4x10-15
Dumbbell overhead press, 4x11-15
Dumbbell incline row, 4x13-20
Standing cable chest fly, 3x13-15
Close grip single arm row, 3x14-20
Cable lateral raise, 3x11-13

Ate breakfast to refuel, then went back to do another 30 mins on the bike.

mk05 12-16-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2139580)
He did massive amounts of sit-ups, push ups, pull ups and sprints. Pretty amazing guy.

I'm pretty low in general on carbs, but do take in some simple sugars (berries, other fruit) early and a little complex carbs mid day if I have hockey, usually whole grains or the like. But I probably take in about 25% or less of the carbs I took in 10 years ago.

P.S....you're right about alcohol carbs, Marc.

That's good to get confirmation haha. I remember my HS coach used to tell us that dark beer is great right after hockey LOL :r

Bo Jackson also never lifted weights either, according to the documentary that I watched - he only used weights to strengthen his neck!

I like where I am now, but man...I have to be careful with alcohol. I'm already Asian, but anything more than 3 drinks, and it is game over for me
:hn

icehog3 12-17-2017 10:34 AM

Guinness is my beer of choice after hockey. If I can get my cheapskate teammates to buy it. :r

Back yesterday. Heavy on bent over rows, moderate weight high reps on T-bars, heavy on one arm rows, volume on cable rows. Grip strength was shot afterwards, couldn't even make 30 seconds on dead hangs.

Off today (in the middle of 3 in 3 hockey stretch), I'll head in for arms and some shoulders tomorrow.

Chainsaw13 12-17-2017 11:32 AM

Cardio day.

5 minute warmup on bike, followed by some dynamic stretching.
3x with a minute rest in between, 30 seconds each burpees, push-ups, mountain climber, leg lifts, jumping jack, Russian twists.
30 mins on bike.

Adriftpanda 12-18-2017 05:02 AM

Nice work over the weekend guys.

Nothing for me, just Sunday league.

Taking tomorrow off bc I want to rather take the family to LEGOland than be in the gym.

icehog3 12-18-2017 10:26 AM

Heading in to the gym....lower back tweaked and sore. Another short bench last night, 10 guys, and looking like it maybe even be shorter tonight. Oy vey.

bonjing 12-18-2017 08:50 PM

Weight room closed for basketball game tonight, small price to pay for a free gym.

Jogged for about 2 miles around the school. Dang it was dark and scary.

Adriftpanda 12-18-2017 10:20 PM

You big pussaay

bonjing 12-19-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriftpanda (Post 2139793)
You big pussaay

IT"S DARK!!!! Can't see squat! That's what I notices about really nice areas, they are dark! I almost rolled my ankle on a piece of lifted sidewalk that I didn't see. And then there was some weird shadow that I was getting closer to, turned out to be a person but still; I couldn't tell what it was, IT'S DARK!!!

Chainsaw13 12-19-2017 09:05 AM

One last workout before I board the plane home.

Superset, 4x15 ea, cable bicep curls/cable tri extensions
Alternating dumbbell curls, 4x15
Dips, 4x to failure
Russian twists, 3x to failure
Cable crunches, 3x15

Ordered me some BCAA and glutamine, should be delivered tomorrow.