Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Any Physical Therapists? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55317)

RGD. 04-26-2012 10:14 PM

Any Physical Therapists?

Looking to see if we have any physical therapists on board here that could recommend some exercises to help with a torn tendon in my right elbow.

The injury actually happened at the end of last November. It's much better but still not there. Also I do bowl and did continue to bowl on two leagues although I did take off one week back in January due to pain. I have had two cortisone treatments, am on Mobic and Ultram with an occasional Soma tablet thrown in.
I use a heating pad when needed and wear an upper forearm compression strap whenever I'm working and at bowling.

Bowling is over for the season now and I will take off the summer except for the occasional tournament this summer. So this gives me four months to get the elbow back into shape.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Ron

pnoon 04-26-2012 10:29 PM

Re: Any Physical Therapists?

There are a couple of guys (chachee52 and Apoco) in this thread who are in PT
www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55273

Hope this helps you find help.

chachee52 04-27-2012 04:59 AM

Yup, I'm a PT
Hard to give you exercises without seeing the actual injury. I would say if it's an acute injury (which is sounds like it is) ice would be better than heat.
My recomendations would be go see a good PT and have them explain what the injury actually is and god from there.
There are just so many things your injury could be that I could give some exercises but they could make them hurt more. My primary rule with injuries is "If it hurts your probable doing more damage"
If there's any other questions you can PM me.
Good luck
Todd

Apoco 04-27-2012 05:02 AM

I'm not a PT - I was a PT patient :)
Posted via Mobile Device

pnoon 04-27-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoco (Post 1625947)
Posted via Mobile Device

;s My mistake.

Apoco 04-27-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1625973)
;s My mistake.

Haha - no sweat, Peter!
Posted via Mobile Device

chachee52 04-27-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoco (Post 1625947)
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express?:r

RGD. 04-27-2012 10:12 PM

Thanks for the reply Todd. Had I of gone and reported it to the insurance company back when it happened then they would have paid for a PT with no problems.
But you know - it's just one of them things that I knew they would make me stop bowling. And bowling is just one of the few things left that I do enjoy. So - I pretty much have to endure it at this point.

On the positive side though - we took first place on the Tuesday night league and second place on the Thursday night league :ss

Ron

Jasonw560 04-27-2012 10:18 PM

Google "Indian clubs". They're supposed to be great helping with injuries like that.

chachee52 04-28-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGD. (Post 1626584)
Thanks for the reply Todd. Had I of gone and reported it to the insurance company back when it happened then they would have paid for a PT with no problems.
But you know - it's just one of them things that I knew they would make me stop bowling. And bowling is just one of the few things left that I do enjoy. So - I pretty much have to endure it at this point.

On the positive side though - we took first place on the Tuesday night league and second place on the Thursday night league :ss

Ron

I have never told someone that they have to stop doing an activity, in fact I try to keep them doing it if I can do it pain free. With different insurances they now have different regulations that are rediculous. Such as Medicare doesn't care if you can't bowl, if you can do everything like dress your self and keep the home up without problems then you are fine. Which I personally try my best to get the person back to where they want to be within their regulations.
Look for a PT with a sprts back ground and they could have taped, braced, or stretch, Etc and kept you bowling.
But you are finished now for a little so perfect time to start PT to get it 100% for next season!!!