Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   tatuajeanarchy.com (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31197)

Tripp 04-20-2010 08:26 PM

tatuajeanarchy.com

Just came across this on Twitter, I'm guessing its marketing for a new cigar line thats coming next year.

www.tatuajeanarchy.com

wolfandwhisky 04-20-2010 08:32 PM

Re: tatuajeanarchy.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp (Post 833924)
Just came across this on Twitter, I'm guessing its marketing for a new cigar line thats coming next year.

www.tatuajeanarchy.com

Member of another forum claims that from good sources it is an upcoming clothing line... not a cigar.

Tripp 04-20-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky (Post 833930)
Member of another forum claims that from good sources it is an upcoming clothing line... not a cigar.

That was my first guess, but oh his twitter earlier today, he said "not clothing."

wolfandwhisky 04-20-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp (Post 833937)
That was my first guess, but oh his twitter earlier today, he said "not clothing."

ah, good to see. would be nice to have a new limited production cigar that we could all struggle to get!

Superbad 04-20-2010 08:56 PM

2011 is a ways off, talk about building up hype early.

Emjaysmash 04-20-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbad (Post 833964)
2011 is a ways off, talk about building up hype early.

Thats all Tatuaje does.

Darrell 04-20-2010 09:34 PM

Pete Johnson is a tool.

Adriftpanda 04-20-2010 09:35 PM

omg... I have a feeling there will be about 10 pages of this...

replicant_argent 04-20-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriftpanda (Post 834015)
omg... I have a feeling there will be about 10 pages of this...

Try 90, on 14 different threads.

Tripp 04-20-2010 09:41 PM

why does every Tatuaje thread turn into a "Do you hate Tatuaje" thread?

Darrell 04-20-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp (Post 834027)
why does every Tatuaje thread turn into a "Do you hate Tatuaje" thread?

Because people are tired of PT Johnson's gimmicks and BS and just want to enjoy good without all of the smoke and mirror tricks?

Pat1075 04-20-2010 09:43 PM

Yay one more cigar, that I am sure will be great, but I won't be able to find. And when I finally do I have to pay 3x msrp

Dunkel 04-21-2010 05:44 AM

The money whore is at it again. Yay another overpriced self destructing wrapped cigar. I can hardly wait! :rolleyes:

DougBushBC 04-21-2010 06:09 AM

Wow, the anger... His cigars are great, he markets them well, yay capitalism.

Emjaysmash 04-21-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougBushBC (Post 834194)
Wow, the anger... His cigars are great, he markets them well, yay capitalism.

I'll agree with you, he markets very well. I think most of his cigars are decent, but are not worth the trouble to find them and shell out the cash. Yay, capitalism.

Either way, it just gets back to the old adage: "Smoke what you like, and like what you smoke." I have the feeling that this thread is going to turn into another Tat bashing seesion, becuase the release of the cigar is too far away to start talking about it. All the info we have is that fancy video on the site.

Volt 04-21-2010 06:55 AM

I have $50 that says the hype will work. Example - the rush, whining, moaning when peeps could not track down the Boris and Dracs. If nothing else, his marketing is as good as Harleys.

Skywalker 04-21-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfandwhisky (Post 833948)
ah, good to see. would be nice to have a new limited production cigar that we could all struggle to get!

:r

Ender 04-21-2010 07:07 AM

I love most Tatuaje cigars! Sure it's frustrating to find certain ones but it's just a cigar not a new type of technology/gadget that we absolutely MUST have. People shouldn't get all bent out of shape because a business owner knows how to market well enough to increase profits. Anyone in a position to hype up their own product to those that are fans of it for financial gain would do the same as Pete does.

weak_link 04-21-2010 07:07 AM

I smoked an original jar release black this weekend that I had been holding onto. I can't for the life of me figure out what all the hype was about. Can't see getting all lathered up about his new venture.

replicant_argent 04-21-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volt (Post 834213)
. If nothing else, his marketing is as good as Harleys.

:r:r:r

I think he aspires to be the marketing machine that is Harvey Danielson.

A fluer de lis on clothing of any cigar smoker, or anyone that has had wistful thoughts of smoking a cigar at all times!!!! Even when you aren't smoking!
Let the world know you define yourself by your brand by constantly having a logo within dreamy gazing view, thusly redefining your sense of self imposed and elusive, yet gauzy, purchased well-being at every glance.

Limited time offer, BUY NOW, we may run out!

the fluer de lis will live in infamy!

(craftily adopted by Pete Johnson, and others, for centuries)
Didn't Affliction or one of the Ed Hardy douchebaggery companys start plastering FdL on everything in the past 4 or 5 years? Did Pete get cranky with them, and tell them that their stuff wasn't limited enough? Maybe the clothing idea isn't such a bad idea. :rolleyes: ;)