Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   NC with Boli PC profile? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45829)

shortbus 05-22-2011 11:10 AM

NC with Boli PC profile?

A few years ago I was gifted a Boli PC when I received my Bachelor's degree. It was absolutely the best smoking experience I have ever had. I would like to relive the experience when I complete my graduate studies in the fall.

Are there any readily available NCs with the Boli PC profile?

bobarian 05-22-2011 11:42 AM

Re: NC with Boli PC profile?

No.

Starscream 05-22-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 1270989)
No.

I agree.
;s If you like them that much, just buy a box of them. don't settle for a replica or anything that attempts to recreate that same profile.

wayner123 05-22-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbus (Post 1270978)
A few years ago I was gifted a Boli PC when I received my Bachelor's degree. It was absolutely the best smoking experience I have ever had. I would like to relive the experience when I complete my graduate studies in the fall.

What was the profile you found in the Boli PC?

St. Lou Stu 05-22-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbus (Post 1270978)

PM me your address.
I'll send you the closest match to a Boli PC that I have found to date.

SvilleKid 05-22-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu (Post 1271007)
PM me your address.
I'll send you the closest match to a Boli PC that I have found to date.

OMG! He's been here since 2008. I bet he knows already to start sandbagging the house and mailbox before he even thinks of responding with a PM!!:r:r

BTW, if he sends you an addy, PM it to me. I also have some sticks that I think are a decent match to the Boli PC!

Brooks W 05-22-2011 01:02 PM

You are not going to be able to match profiles totally, due to the (extremely) different tobaccos used...

Having said that, the absolute closest I have found to the Boli Profile is the Quesada Espana...

shortbus 05-22-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starscream (Post 1270992)
I agree.
;s If you like them that much, just buy a box of them. don't settle for a replica or anything that attempts to recreate that same profile.

The thought has crossed my mind many times, but in my line of work (education and soon educational administration), a customs seizure could be career ending.

quantim0 05-22-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooks W (Post 1271032)
You are not going to be able to match profiles totally, due to the (extremely) different tobaccos used...

Having said that, the absolute closest I have found to the Boli Profile is the Quesada Espana...

And it's easier to get the Boli PC than that cigar. Lol.

It's tough to match CC profiles because nothing tastes like a CC. Just like nothing but a Dominican puro will taste like a dominican puro.

shortbus 05-22-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayner123 (Post 1271003)
What was the profile you found in the Boli PC?

I seem to remember the stick being a little peppery and possibly citrus like. I definitely picked up cinnamon in the last 1/4. That cinnamon taste has haunted me since. I have not found the cinnamon taste in any other stick unless you count the Heaven I tried with my wife.

ir13 05-22-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbus (Post 1271151)
The thought has crossed my mind many times, but in my line of work (education and soon educational administration), a customs seizure could be career ending.

How so?

shortbus 05-22-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ir13 (Post 1271206)
How so?

Texans hold their public educators to insanely high moral standards, particularly in small towns. It's so bad, coworkers and I have to travel into Dallas if we want to get a drink on a Friday afternoon. If I worked in a large district, I would not worry about a seizure. I try to avoid small-town scandals.

T.G 05-22-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbus (Post 1271226)
Texans hold their public educators to insanely high moral standards, particularly in small towns. It's so bad, coworkers and I have to travel into Dallas if we want to get a drink on a Friday afternoon. If I worked in a large district, I would not worry about a seizure. I try to avoid small-town scandals.

How would they find out about a customs seizure?

emopunker2004 05-22-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1271238)
How would they find out about a customs seizure?

:tpd:

elderboy02 05-22-2011 06:00 PM

Try a Tatuaje Brown label Noella. They taste kind of similar to a Boli PC.

DaBear 05-22-2011 06:48 PM

I found the Oliva O to have a cinnamonish taste to it, might work

shortbus 05-22-2011 07:57 PM

Guys, I live in a small town..people have ways of finding out about everything...I think the mailman has something to do with that. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid. <----most likely

I'll have to pick up a Tat and an Oliva O next time I'm in Dallas. Thanks for the suggestions.

icehog3 05-22-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Maybe you can get an educatonal visa to Havana? :D

emopunker2004 05-22-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1271400)
Maybe you can get an educatonal visa to Havana? :D

:tpd:

OLS 05-24-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

I try to avoid small-town scandals.

Yeah, boy...cause when those ICE officials drive up in a squadcar to hand-deliver that summons,
they really make a big show of it. (sarcasm)
Now granted, if you ship them to your work, the envelope DOES say Offc.of Home.Sec. on it.
Wouldn't be the first letter carrier to F up someone's day, either.