Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Costa Del Mar (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69970)

G G 07-21-2015 05:26 PM

Costa Del Mar

I have been wearing cheap safety glasses for sunglasses for 20 years. My dad was in construction and always had them. They were Uvex Banditos and they were brown tint. My dad retired several years ago and i finally wore out the last couple pairs I had. I looked at the price on Ray-Bans since I had a couple pairs of them way back in the day, but just didn't get them. I was able to get a pair of Costa Blackfins with black frame and 580G lens with blue mirror for half price due to a family connection. These things are awesome. The clarity is amazing. I put one of the old pair of safety glasses on the other day because I left the Costa's at home and thought I was looking through clouds. I love these things.

longknocker 07-21-2015 05:29 PM

Re: Costa Del Mar

Quote:

Originally Posted by G G (Post 2045453)
I have been wearing cheap safety glasses for sunglasses for 20 years. My dad was in construction and always had them. They were Uvex Banditos and they were brown tint. My dad retired several years ago and i finally wore out the last couple pairs I had. I looked at the price on Ray-Bans since I had a couple pairs of them way back in the day, but just didn't get them. I was able to get a pair of Costa Blackfins with black frame and 580G lens with blue mirror for half price due to a family connection. These things are awesome. The clarity is amazing. I put one of the old pair of safety glasses on the other day because I left the Costa's at home and thought I was looking through clouds. I love these things.

Some Things Are Worth The Extra Money, Greg!:tu Enjoy, Brother!:D

Ogre 07-21-2015 05:37 PM

Polarized lenses, originally made for fishing. Awersome for night time driving.

G G 07-21-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogre (Post 2045457)
Polarized lenses, originally made for fishing. Awersome for night time driving.

And in heavy rain as well.:tu

icehog3 07-21-2015 06:28 PM

How would these be for the motorcycle?

G G 07-21-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2045468)
How would these be for the motorcycle?

I would expect they would be great. They don't have sideshields but Costa has models that do.

icehog3 07-21-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G G (Post 2045471)
I would expect they would be great. They don't have sideshields but Costa has models that do.

Gotta head to Dick's Sporting Goods and check them out soon. :tu

G G 07-21-2015 07:40 PM

I don't think you will go wrong Tom. I got the 580G lenses which are glass. They also have plastic.

Gabe215 07-21-2015 07:43 PM

I wear spy optics I own several polarized pairs and love them! But I always wanted a pair of Costa Del Mar's a little out of my price range but all my friends who fish say that they are the absolute best! I'm jealous I will one day break down and treat myself, Congrats on an awesome purchase!

icehog3 07-21-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G G (Post 2045481)
I don't think you will go wrong Tom. I got the 580G lenses which are glass. They also have plastic.

Thanks Greg! :tu

MarkinAZ 07-21-2015 09:10 PM

Stop it Greg... :adam...;)

For all who are interested, here's the link:

https://www.costadelmar.com/

jjirons69 07-22-2015 07:35 AM

I found a pair I really liked that fit well at the outlet mall. I ended up getting the same pair on ebai from a reputable dealer in Arizona for 60% of the price at the outlet. They are Zane Z10 tortoise 580G, green tint. I love them! I stepped on the arm last month and snapped it. For $11 and some change I sent them back to Costa and they replaced the glasses (got a new pair instead of the repaired pair). I love the sturdiness and weight of them. They wear better than any sunglasses I've ever owned. Plus, when it comes to fishing, the polarization gives amazing results to the water clarity.

G G 07-22-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2045486)
Thanks Greg! :tu

I have a fully functional Yamaha Roadstar in the shed. I just haven't ridden it in forever. You are welcome brother.

G G 07-22-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjirons69 (Post 2045546)
I found a pair I really liked that fit well at the outlet mall. I ended up getting the same pair on ebai from a reputable dealer in Arizona for 60% of the price at the outlet. They are Zane Z10 tortoise 580G, green tint. I love them! I stepped on the arm last month and snapped it. For $11 and some change I sent them back to Costa and they replaced the glasses (got a new pair instead of the repaired pair). I love the sturdiness and weight of them. They wear better than any sunglasses I've ever owned. Plus, when it comes to fishing, the polarization gives amazing results to the water clarity.

I hear when you get the lenses all scratched up it's $75 to get new lenses. Not a bad deal at all. I love em so far too.

dave 07-22-2015 01:17 PM

http://www.steepandcheap.com/gear-ca...s#?brand=Costa

I have NOT bought from this site. It was recommended recently on a fishing forum, but I don't vouch for the authenticity of the glasses. If legit, however, prices seem very good.