Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   First trip to the smoke shop, Hpw did I do? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60595)

dragnframe 02-09-2013 03:20 PM

First trip to the smoke shop, Hpw did I do?

1 Attachment(s)
Made my first trip to the smoke shop to purchase my first cigars. I took a friend with me and had the guy at the shop help me and this is what I returned with. What do you guys think of these?

AdamJoshua 02-09-2013 03:40 PM

Re: First trip to the smoke shop, Hpw did I do?

I think they are the worlds smallest sticks :r

Hard to see, need to attach the thumbnail so it's linked or just link the image :) Oh and welcome to the banana factory !

icehog3 02-09-2013 03:42 PM

Can't tell what they are. Might want to use photobucket.com to upload pics.

Thrak 02-09-2013 04:30 PM

Since I know... not a bad haul!! Start with the Macanudo, finish with the Punch.

Nice Ronson! :D

dragnframe 02-09-2013 04:31 PM

Dang it! I don't really know how to up load a better pic.

dragnframe 02-09-2013 04:31 PM

Thrak, can you post a better pick for me? Thanks

Thrak 02-09-2013 05:07 PM

Sure

Lets try this...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...issa/image.jpg

dragnframe 02-09-2013 05:08 PM

Your the man! Thanks!

Thrak 02-09-2013 05:47 PM

No prob... :)

You should try to go the event coming up. You'll be welcomed with open arms I'm sure.

Subvet642 02-09-2013 06:10 PM

While I'm not a fan of the LVH, they're all solid smokes, but don't let people bust your nuggets for the Macanudo, they're a great morning stick. :tu

mjdx88 02-09-2013 06:13 PM

Nice buy! The Mac, Baccarat or R&J are great ones to start with, the punch is going to have some kick! Nice call on the Ronson, one of the best lighters that I have ever purchased! Welcome!

T.G 02-09-2013 06:25 PM

You bought a Range Rover at your B&M? AWESOME!

dragnframe 02-09-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1793292)

They threw that in for being a first time customer! I think I will have to return! :r

T.G 02-09-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragnframe (Post 1793296)
They threw that in for being a first time customer! I think I will have to return! :r

:tu

:r

bluesy 02-09-2013 08:00 PM

I like those Punches. Haven't tried the others, but it looks like a solid haul. Had one RyJ so far it was pretty good. Only bad part was the local place I bought it from kept their sticks too wet and it ended up plugging on me eventually. I should order a few of those at some point.

AdamJoshua 02-09-2013 08:04 PM

Yah if you are brand new to the slope talk to the guy at the local bm and tell him you want some mild sticks to start with, at least it worked for me.

Bondo 287 02-09-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1793292)

Quote:

you two guys ... yer killin me ... :r

Nice smokes. The only ones I haven't tried are the Habana and the Ronson.:D

Porch Dweller 02-09-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragnframe (Post 1793230)
Made my first trip to the smoke shop to purchase my first cigars. I took a friend with me and had the guy at the shop help me and this is what I returned with. What do you guys think of these?

I've had the Macanudo, the Punch, the RyJ. They're good smokes. But what's important is if YOU enjoy them. If you do, then it was a successful trip. If you find there's some that you don't like and some you do it's STILL a successful trip as you've discovered something about what you like and what you don't.

If you're new to the BOTL then the best advice I can give is try a wide variety of cigars. There's a hell of a lot of them out there and you'll find you don't like quite a few of them. But the only way to find what you like to smoke - or even better, what you LOVE to smoke - is to try a wide variety.

The second best advice I can give is don't let someone else tell you what you should think of a cigar. Take recommendations based on flavor profiles, strengths, and bodies that you enjoy. But things I enjoy you may find to taste dull and vice versa.

Bottom line: smoke what you like and like what you smoke. And welcome to the BOTL...it's a heck of an enjoyable hobby.

dragnframe 02-09-2013 09:35 PM

Thanks guys! I was told if I joined here that this place if full of the coolest, helpful people around and I have to say he was right! I do have a dumb question, My buddy took all but one to his house to put in his humidor,But how long will one last in the wrapper till it starts to go bad?

AdamJoshua 02-09-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Ok well that beats my winador. :gary