Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Top Shot on the History Channel (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42552)

gravelman 02-15-2011 10:33 PM

Top Shot on the History Channel

Anyone else watching this series? I loved the first season, and this season looks like it might be equally spectacular. Definitely makes me want to go outside and set up some of the things they do!! :gn

Tyler 02-15-2011 10:55 PM

Re: Top Shot on the History Channel

Good stuff! :tu I loved the first season. I didn't watch it until last week when they had the marathon though. It really makes me want to go purchase a handgun though as I currently only own rifles. Of course this scares the sh!t out of my girlfriend because she is afraid of handguns lol.....So I guess I am picking one up soon :D. Anyways, it is a great show and I hope that they get it on netflix soon, though I haven't checked recently.

Flynnster 02-15-2011 11:22 PM

I love the show, it's at a bad time for me first run so I have to catch it in reruns, this season looks good in the commercials though!

JaKaacH 02-15-2011 11:28 PM

Good show, not a big fan of the drama at the house. Lets pull the triggers and see who wins!!

newcigarz 02-16-2011 03:45 AM

Didn't realize season 2 had started already. I'll have to look for it, loved season 1.

Eleven 02-16-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaKaacH (Post 1174232)
Good show, not a big fan of the drama at the house. Lets pull the triggers and see who wins!!

Was talking to my son last night, he mentioned that aspect of the show and I said "They gotta throw something in there so women will watch"

:noon

kaisersozei 02-16-2011 06:35 AM

I think this would be a win-win in my house:

Me = guns
My wife = Colby Donaldson

Guess it makes the DVR list :tu

captain53 02-16-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravelman (Post 1174198)
Anyone else watching this series? I loved the first season, and this season looks like it might be equally spectacular. Definitely makes me want to go outside and set up some of the things they do!! :gn

I have watched it a few times but just have not developed an appreciation for it. Sort of tried to like it but just can't. But on the other hand I don't need more reasons to set up targets and blast away as it always feels good!

gravelman 02-16-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleven (Post 1174422)
Was talking to my son last night, he mentioned that aspect of the show and I said "They gotta throw something in there so women will watch"

:noon

Haha So true! The drama does get ridiculous at times. As for the first competition; I feel like these guys should have known to stretch before the running. Two people are hurt now and they are using that as a major drama point on the second show. Jeez people, do a few toe touches or something. The second comp was pretty cool and I feel like it added a fair amount of adrenaline to the usual routine. Cant wait for next week.

KidRock 02-16-2011 09:59 AM

I like this show a lot. That elimination challenge with the Tommy Guns were freakin awesome.

gravelman 02-16-2011 11:22 AM

Yea Jon those were definitely awesome...once the lady started the spray n pray I knew she had no chance. What a cool challenge!!

jdawg 02-16-2011 11:48 AM

Great show! I watched the first season and am watching this one too.

GKitty 02-16-2011 11:50 AM

I just stumbled across this show and caught the first episode of what is apparently the 2nd season. Had never heard of it before, but am digging it now. Missed last night's episode, but will be catching up soon.

As for "they added the drama for the women", not for this woman. Shut up and shoot, pansies!! :D

Bruzee 02-16-2011 12:06 PM

I also really like this show. I watched the first season and found it to be very addicting. Lot of cool weapons and very cool scenarios. I give it :tu :tu

captain53 02-16-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruzee (Post 1174748)
I also really like this show. I watched the first season and found it to be very addicting. Lot of cool weapons and very cool scenarios. I give it :tu :tu

Hope I am not seen as Thread Jacking just thought this show also fits many of us gun types: For those who also really dig off the wall cool weapons you might also check out Sons of Guns! Now that one has some wild stuff! Tonight @ 8:00 Central on Discovery Channel.

hotreds 02-16-2011 02:10 PM

Another great programming choice of The History Channel!

gravelman 02-16-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain53 (Post 1174896)
Hope I am not seen as Thread Jacking just thought this show also fits many of us gun types: For those who also really dig off the wall cool weapons you might also check out Sons of Guns! Now that one has some wild stuff! Tonight @ 8:00 Central on Discovery Channel.

My friend was raving about this show but I haven't yet seen it...Ill have to remember to set my DVR for it.

Ranger_B 02-16-2011 08:50 PM

My fiancee loves Top Shot. She was the one who told me season two was starting. Anything to keep her interested in guns and shooting. Ive got her comfortable with a couple of the pistols now. Now I have to get her comfortable carrying one. I see a lot more military on the show this year.

gravelman 02-22-2011 09:39 PM

Wow tonights elimination was very unexpected! I am not happy Jermaine got eliminated. I really don't like Jay's antics, and it is obvious that the blue team is about fed up with it. Next week should be fun...

kickerb 02-22-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravelman (Post 1181960)
Wow tonights elimination was very unexpected! I am not happy Jermaine got eliminated. I really don't like Jay's antics, and it is obvious that the blue team is about fed up with it. Next week should be fun...

yeah, i really wanted to see Jay leave. since day one when he figured he was team leader just because he 'picked' the team. ever since then he team member have wanted him gone, imo.