Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "Bucket" List... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26600)

Bruins Fan 12-28-2009 06:58 PM

Re: "Bucket" List...

The wife and I are planning a fishing trip across the USA when I retire.
We will hit Florida for a week of tarpon then head west hitting as many blue ribbon rivers as possible, then head up to Alaska for some sea run salmon fishing.

E.J. 12-28-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 697646)
The wife and I are planning a fishing trip across the USA when I retire.
We will hit Florida for a week of tarpon then head west hitting as many blue ribbon rivers as possible, then head up to Alaska for some sea run salmon fishing.

When you get close to my neck of the woods...I would not miss the San Juan or Green.... About as EPIC of trout water is you get. Both very easy to walk if you don't have a drift boat or plan on getting a guide to float you down....

E.J. 12-28-2009 08:27 PM

If our list is just this year.... Would like to spend a week lake front on Island Park Res. with private slip for the boat. Do a lot of boating, some fishing on the Henry's.....have some fine cigars on the deck overlooking the lake.... Just some good relaxing fun.

Best case scenario, salmon fly hatch....:D

Add in 4 nights on a houseboat on Powell.....

Plus long October weekend in Jackson and I'll call it a good year of local travel....

(now good luck making that happen, will be lucky to get 2/3)

Emjaysmash 12-28-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 697634)
I'm thinking it'd be just easier to kill a hooker and have my brain transplanted, but that's all socially frowned upon and stuff. :(

LMAO :r:r

CasaDooley 12-28-2009 09:32 PM

My short list:
SoCal XI
Shack VI
S.H.I.T
:ss

WyoBob 12-29-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.J. (Post 697720)
When you get close to my neck of the woods...I would not miss the San Juan or Green.... About as EPIC of trout water is you get. Both very easy to walk if you don't have a drift boat or plan on getting a guide to float you down....

I used to fish the S.J. below Navajo dam every winter with a bunch of guys from the rec.outdoors.fishing.fly newsgroup. Had to wade through ice on occasion. We caught a bunch of big fish on tiny size 22-26 hooks. Beer, cigars, fishing, fellowship. I miss those trips but decided that winter fishing and traveling long distances to catch a trout had run it's course with me.

WyoBob

E.J. 12-29-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoBob (Post 698341)
I used to fish the S.J. below Navajo dam every winter with a bunch of guys from the rec.outdoors.fishing.fly newsgroup. Had to wade through ice on occasion. We caught a bunch of big fish on tiny size 22-26 hooks. Beer, cigars, fishing, fellowship. I miss those trips but decided that winter fishing and traveling long distances to catch a trout had run it's course with me.

WyoBob

It is just an AMAZING river...

I am with you on Winter fishing, but don't mind getting road tripping....as long as it is not too far.