Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   PS4 or Xbox One (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62264)

DPD6030 06-12-2013 06:23 AM

PS4 or Xbox One

Whose getting which platform? Discussion commencing...

:hm, I'm debating on selling my Xbox 360 COD version with controllers, headset and games and ordering a PS4. Seems the PS4 and PS+ network have many more positives to offer, not to mention the lower price of a PS4.

I used to have an older 360 then sold that for a PS3 then sold that and came back to a 360 COD version to be back with some buddies and get some game time in.

What's your thoughts on the PS4 v Xbox One. Whose going to what platform and why?

big_jaygee 06-12-2013 06:40 AM

Re: PS4 or Xbox One

Xbox One.

i have the Xbox 360 now and everybody i currently game with have said they are going Xbox One so no need to change anything. i have never had a problem with Microsoft, Xbox, or their customer service. so i think i will stay here.

hammondc 06-12-2013 06:42 AM

I agree. After years of of Xbox support, they really have just lost it. I wonder how long until they cave with the 'always on', DRM and non-backwards compatibleness. I think MS is going to lose this one in a landslide.

hammondc 06-12-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_jaygee (Post 1847287)
Xbox One.

i have the Xbox 360 now and everybody i currently game with have said they are going Xbox One so no need to change anything. i have never had a problem with Microsoft, Xbox, or their customer service. so i think i will stay here.

My folks are the opposite. Are you on COD BO2 right now?

big_jaygee 06-12-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammondc (Post 1847291)
My folks are the opposite. Are you on COD BO2 right now?

yeah im on the duty

mahtofire14 06-12-2013 07:03 AM

I will be going with the PS4. Mostly because I have loved my PS3 so much. And the fact that its $100 cheaper. I've never had any problems with the Playstation platforms however I have noticed that because the online service is free for Playstation, it tends to take a little longer to get things fixed than Xbox Live does. From what I've heard anyway.

King James 06-12-2013 07:15 AM

The only thing stopping me from committing 100% to PS4 is call of duty and the fact that I have always played it on xbox. The latest iteration by Treyarch has really disappointed me, though, so not sure how big of deal it will end up being. I know its going back to IW for the next one, but still not sure what I'll do.

Blak Smyth 06-12-2013 07:32 AM

Both consoles are pretty similar in most other aspects now that xbox will play blue rays.

I will likely go with Xbox one because I believe Xbox Live's quality over PS Network (unless things have drastically improved over the last couple years for PSN) .

I am most anticipating Tom Clancy's new game "The Division" with an open world.

I wasn't sure if I was going to upgrade until I saw the above trailer.

Blak Smyth 06-12-2013 07:56 AM

I would like to check out both new systems more before I make a descision, this is the first time I have ever considered switching.
I know I have some good friends that are considering as well, they would certainly influence my descision.

King James 06-12-2013 07:58 AM

I'm really looking forward to "Watch Dogs". Hadn't seen the trailer for "The Division", it looks good as well.

Lockspur 06-12-2013 08:08 AM

Screw those. Goin' OLD school son!!!

(blows dust out of Nintendo cartridges)

LET'S DO THIS!!!!

big_jaygee 06-12-2013 08:09 AM

never been much for third person shooters but "The Division" looks pretty cool

big_jaygee 06-12-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockspur (Post 1847351)
Screw those. Goin' OLD school son!!!

(blows dust out of Nintendo cartridges)

LET'S DO THIS!!!!

:r :r :r

i remember those days Scotty

stearns 06-12-2013 08:17 AM

i was always an xbox guy, had the original and the 360, but overall i experienced too many problems with it. it took me a while but i switched to the ps3 because it is an overall better machine (hard to compare getting 4 gigs with the stock xbox and 120 gigs with the stock ps3, or whatever the numbers were). the only downside was that everyone i know has xbox, so it makes it hard to game with them. when it comes down to it, i'm way happier with the ps3 than i was with the 360, so i only see it right to pick up the ps4 over the One. unless of course it comes out that the ps4 sucks and everything is better over in xbox land, i'm not that loyal, i just want the best machine because i feel like i use it more for other things than gaming recently

BHalbrooks 06-12-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_jaygee (Post 1847353)
never been much for third person shooters but "The Division" looks pretty cool

I hate all Tom Clancy games. Have never been able to finish one besides Vegas. I hate 3rd person with a passion.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stearns (Post 1847361)
i just want the best machine because i feel like i use it more for other things than gaming recently

I feel within the next year I'll stop playing games completely. I get bored quite often when I'm playing Black Ops 2.

357 06-12-2013 08:33 AM

Does either have dedicated host servers for multiplayer? That would be a factor for me. Client hosting is crap at best.

Blak Smyth 06-12-2013 09:23 AM

Watch Dogs
The Division
Destiny

Wow these all look stellar, I am starting to look forward to the new era.
I asked a few friends the OP question and was surprised to learn many are thinking of switching to PS4.

irratebass 06-12-2013 10:05 AM

I am thinking of going to the PS4 after 5 committed years with the Xbox, because no backwards compatibility and too expensive.

I probably wont make the switch until after a year of it being out though so the bugs have been cleaned up (rrod anyone?)

stearns 06-12-2013 10:08 AM

ya im gonna do the same, made the mistake of getting a launch day 360... what a mistake it was

Blak Smyth 06-12-2013 10:24 AM

I forgot about TitanFall being an Xbox exclusive, that game is going to be amazing!
Will likely get it for xbox 360 before I get a new gen console.
This game alone may make up my mind.