Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip: YUMMM (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2208)

cigars_n_scotch 10-23-2008 11:12 AM

Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip: YUMMM

A friend of mine's wife made this for a party and I wanted to share it with everyone. I had it again last night during the Phillies game! Watch out, it's dangerously addicting.

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup FRANK'S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK'S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans (9.75 oz. each) SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained

DIRECTIONS:

1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
2. MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
3. BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.

Microwave Directions: Prepare as above. Place in microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5 min. until hot, stirring halfway through cooking.
Tips: You may substitute 2 cups shredded cooked chicken.
Slow Cooker Method: Combine ingredients as directed above. Place mixture into small slow cooker. Cover pot. Heat on HIGH setting for 1 1/2 hours until hot and bubbly or on LOW setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir.
Tailgating Tip: Prepare dip ahead and place in heavy disposable foil pan. Place pan on grill and heat dip until hot and bubbly.

You can find it here as well:
http://www.franksredhot.com/recipe/r...nks/?rn=RE1242

white_s2k 10-23-2008 11:20 AM

Re: Frank's Buffalo Chicken Dip: YUMMM

I printed this recipe out months ago and have never made it. I think I'm going to this weekend!

livwire68 10-23-2008 12:28 PM

This sounds gooooood! Now I want some wings!

:eevis 10-23-2008 02:32 PM

My wife makes this for every party that we have gone to for the past couple of years, always a huge hit. We found that if you boil chicken tenders and then shred them, it seems to make the dip a little better. maries chunky Bleu cheese salad dressing rocks in this. When people ask for the recipie, we tell them that it is an old family secret :D

mrreindeer 10-23-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by :eevis (Post 30775)
My wife makes this for every party that we have gone to for the past couple of years, always a huge hit. We found that if you boil chicken tenders and then shred them, it seems to make the dip a little better. maries chunky Bleu cheese salad dressing rocks in this.

:tpd: This thing is addicting!

chippewastud79 10-23-2008 02:34 PM

That stuff is darn tasty :dr

taltos 10-25-2008 04:15 AM

That sounds great. I would use the mozarella cheese and probably ranch w/peppercorn salad dressing. May try this weekend.

Sailkat 10-25-2008 06:12 AM

I make the bleu cheese version all the time. A herf favorite!!

I don't usually put it in the oven, but serve it cold. I soften the cream cheese and put the chicken in while it's hot, it melts everything together. Besides crackers, try celery.

BTW - I prefer the Buffalo Wing Sauce when making it.

Well worth making!!

BengalMan 10-25-2008 02:21 PM

I make this for almost every tailgate, have for years. I use the following receipe:

2 blocks of cream cheese
2 bags of sharp cheddar cheese
1-2 cups franks buffalo wing sauce
1 cup ranch dressing
4 large cans of chicken, shredded

Put in crock pot, melt together, eat.

DAFU 10-25-2008 03:48 PM

That sounds great! Aside from tortillas I betcha it would make a great Burrito stuffer!

Squid 10-25-2008 03:56 PM

Damn...they all sound great! :dr

jaycarla 10-25-2008 07:04 PM

Had all the stuff here already. Burning the roof of my mouth as I type.

Not bad. I wish I had some sourdough bread to dip.