Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Self-consumed &$*@& (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69729)

AdamJoshua 06-06-2015 05:31 PM

Self-consumed &$*@&

Phrasing.

On a serious note, I just don't understand some people.

I decided to hit the trail again this afternoon, just going to do the 3+ mile version and I get about 3/4 of the way down and there is a little kid sitting on the side of the trail by his bike BAWLING his eyes out, people walk past him don't stop nothing. So i go up and he had to be 7 or 8 and I asked him what was the matter, looking at his bike the chain was off... so I figured that was it, he kind of cried out that his mom left him there, she was jogging and he was riding his bike and his chain came off and she kept going and he yelled to her and she kept going ....

So I passed a woman a couple hundred yards before that and figured it was her, so I flipped over his bike and showed him how to get his chain back on, now I have no idea what age we learned this but I thought ever kid could do it, anyway showed him how to put the chain on the small spoke then a little bit started on the big one, turn the pedals and BAM! chain is back on. So we got his chain on and I walked with him while he rode till we saw his mother ahead and he took off riding after her.

When I got to her she was talking to her son and I tied to be amusing and said something about "special delivery for you!", to which she gave me a really f'ing dirty look and that's when I was done being nice, granted her son was there so I wasn't going to really tell her what I thought of her and her lack of parenting skills or instincts. I explained that she probably should realize when her son isn't with her, or maybe hear him yelling "mom stop" over and over, I suppose since she had headphones on it was more important to hear her music than be paying attention to her child.

At this point she started to tell me to me to mind my own business and so I informed her that since I stopped and helped her son and then walked with him, quite out of my way, to find her, that it was clearly my business and while I didn't expect a thank you out of her that she "clearly wasn't the type to thank me anyway" (my exact words) I did tell her she should apologize to her son for leaving him all alone and scared in the middle of the trail. without waiting for a reply, I told her she should probably google Adam Walsh, I put my head phones in, gave him a thumbs up and walked away. Some people just suck.

I was hiding from my mom in a grocery store when I was young and thought it was funny she couldn't find me, she tanned my ass good for that one, never again did I pull any stupid **** like that. I just have no idea how callous this woman could be and how little emotion she showed over her son. Who knows maybe she's a great mom and it just wasn't her day, but the fact that she was the one that turned this confrontational when I was just more than happy that we found his mom and he was ok.. well that's the part that aggravates me.

< rant />

MarkinAZ 06-06-2015 05:51 PM

Re: Self-consumed &$*@&

I don't know Adam. Maybe you should of just left him there and one of those big kitty cats would of dragged him into the bushes. That sure would've showed that mother;)

You did a great job Adam by getting involved. Its tough seeing the numerous imbeciles and morons who walk-by situations such as what you experienced this afternoon. More people need to step-up to the plate and get involved in life issues. Fortunately for that little one, you stopped and helped.

Good job:tu

AdamJoshua 06-06-2015 05:54 PM

The thing is, it's a pretty long trail through the brush and there are a lot of long stretches where anything could happen and no one would know, how did none of these other people stop? I suppose another issue is these days no one wants to get involved.

Ogre 06-06-2015 05:55 PM

That's what society has turned into. Thanks for stoping and helping.

The Poet 06-06-2015 06:07 PM

These days if you get involved, the next you know you're in jail for trying to help. Times have changed, and helpful neighbors often need good lawyers.

Good for you, Adam, and glad you dodged the sin of samaritanism bullet.

Weelok 06-06-2015 07:32 PM

Some people just suck. Fortunately for the young boy you were there to help. Hopefully he'll find others like you as he grows up as it appears he'll need them.

badbriar 06-06-2015 07:52 PM

Good job brother - if nothing else, you taught the little dude how to fix a loose bike chain. Next time, he will know what to do! Kids need to know that kind of stuff. :tu

Remo 06-06-2015 07:56 PM

Good job Ads..:tu

rwiiames 06-06-2015 07:58 PM

I know you did the right thing, but I'm afraid to talk to little kids in a truck stop. Never know who is going to make some wild accusations.

AdamJoshua 06-06-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwiiames (Post 2038787)
I know you did the right thing, but I'm afraid to talk to little kids in a truck stop. Never know who is going to make some wild accusations.

Well if it was something like that and the kid wasn't scared and crying I wouldn't have just for that reason, but it was pretty clear something was definitely wrong.

...and yes kids need to know how to put chains back on bikes. :tu

icehog3 06-06-2015 08:51 PM

You're good peeps, Adam. **** her.

Porch Dweller 06-06-2015 10:19 PM

Doing the right thing is never wrong.

icehog3 06-06-2015 10:43 PM

If lovin' you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Subvet642 06-06-2015 11:12 PM

If you had called 911 on your cell phone when you saw the child, she would have learned her lesson when the police returned him to her. Sadly, that is the safest legal course of action. As an added bonus, if she got mouthy with the police...:sh

It's a shame that neighborliness has become a social offense.

longknocker 06-07-2015 03:45 AM

Good Job, Adam!:tu I Think You Handled It Perfectly, Brother, & Maybe The Mom Realized She Screwed Up Royally, But Was Afraid To Admit It?:confused:

14holestogie 06-07-2015 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2038792)
You're good peeps, Adam. **** her.

this.

dijit 06-07-2015 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longknocker (Post 2038811)
Good Job, Adam!:tu I Think You Handled It Perfectly, Brother, & Maybe The Mom Realized She Screwed Up Royally, But Was Afraid To Admit It?:confused:

Having experienced many parents like this myself, IMHO you did exactly right. Unfortunately society today has created parents that even when they are wrong are taught to be aggressive and defend themselves when someone tell them they screwed up even when doing so in a polite manner in front of their children. I think it has to do with embarrassment and butthurt in public. Good job brother.

AdamJoshua 06-07-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dijit (Post 2038819)
Having experienced many parents like this myself, IMHO you did exactly right. Unfortunately society today has created parents that even when they are wrong are taught to be aggressive and defend themselves when someone tell them they screwed up even when doing so in a polite manner in front of their children. I think it has to do with embarrassment and butthurt in public. Good job brother.

This is why I basically said I don't expect a thank you but you owe your son an apology (and some a prize .. ice cream..game.. something right) and just left, hopefully she said she was sorry when I wasn't there so she wasn't embarrassed by her cluster**** and she will be more aware in the future, it really has nothing to do with what I did, I like to think it's what anyone would do even though I was obviously proved wrong but you still like to think it. It was more about, in that instance, what a shitty parent she was.

area51 06-07-2015 12:05 PM

Good on you for keeping your cool the way you did.

mosesbotbol 06-07-2015 05:37 PM

Carry a liability form on your phone that anyone you offer to help must sign first... LOL