Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good morning Post and sports update (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7301)

WildBlueSooner 03-15-2009 08:42 AM

Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stogieman (Post 287961)
Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is on. Yesterday was a blast at the NUB Event. It was great to see Sam Leccia, Rick from Oliva, Michelle & Bruce and all the crew from Uptown. Primo cigars, superb variety of single malt scotches, tastey treats and it was great to see all the folks attending the event. Today should be a great weather day with temps reaching the lower 60s, so I'll be on my back deck barbequing and smoking a favorite cigar or two while watching the Yankees taking on the Twins at 1315 (1:15pm). I hope everyone enjoys themselves today as well and gets to relax before they have to go back tomorrow......... :tu

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!

Sounds like a nice day planned Charlie!

Stogieman 03-16-2009 04:35 AM

Good morning all and here's to a new week. The coffee is on and we have a variety of pastries for this morning's breakfast. The weather was great yesterday, got a lot of relaxation time in, enjoyed a fresh roll that Sam Leccia did up on Saturday and then we had a few relatives over for corned beef and cabbage. All in all, it was a super Sunday and the only thing that could have made it a NASCAR race would have been on :D . Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it........ :chr

Stogieman 03-17-2009 04:34 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430. Happy St. Patty's Day all and I hope you have your fill of corned beef and cabbage and all the other Irish treats that go along with it. The weather looks like it will be nice in NYC for the annual St. Patrick's Day parade: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

http://nyc-st-patrick-day-parade.org/default.aspx

Enjoy a favorite cigar and a pint or two while you're out there and remember that our boys in blue with be out there as well......... :)

Stogieman 03-18-2009 04:27 AM

Good morning all and Happy Hump Day. The coffee is on and I know that there's a half a loaf of Irish Soda Bread left at the office fresh from yesterday. Well, I received an email from Mark (mrtapes) yesterday that he was coming down to the Hudson Valley area so we met up at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars for a cigar. It was good seeing my good friend and taking the time to enjoy a cigar and catching up. Today should be another great weather day, so I'll be on my back deck with the BBQ going as well as a favorite ceegar. I hope everyone has a good one and gets to enjoy it as well........ :D

Stogieman 03-19-2009 04:29 AM

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, we are 18 days till "Opening Day" for baseball and I can hardly wait. It will be great to see the Bronx Bombers back in action and playing in thier new stadium. Beth is a Mets fan and I'm sure she has the same feelings and they'll be in a new stadium this year as well. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo cigars and and a cool drink or two. If you're close by and have the time, stop on over and join us. If not, I hope you get to enjoy a favorite stogie as well.......... :tu

Stogieman 03-20-2009 04:36 AM

Good morning all and a big TGIF!!!!! Well, it's Friday and we are exactly 6 weeks from when we drive up to Split Rock Resort for CigarFest 2009. We talked about it last night while we were enjoying cigars at Schlesinger's and all of us that are presently going have paid in full for our villas and the tickets should be on thier way in another week or so. Anyway, we had a good time last night and I definitely enjoyed a Capadura that Israel (uptown_isy) gifted me last week and will try the new blend he handed out last night this coming weekend. As far as this weekend, it is filled with NASCAR from Bristol, TN, baseball, basketball, golf and hockey. I hope everyone has a great one and takes the time to enjoy a favorite or two or....... :tu

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!

Stogieman 03-21-2009 07:23 AM

Good morning all and yes, the fresh pot of joe is brewin'. Decided to sleep in this morning and catch up on some lost sleep. Today should be a great weather day being that it's already sunny and the temps will reach the mid to upper 40s:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

There's plenty of sports on the tube today and I'll definitely get a chance or two to smoke a favorite ceegar being that we don't have to much planned for the day. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys........ :tu

Stogieman 03-22-2009 06:32 AM

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is hittin' the spot. I've got a little running around to do this morning and then the NASCAR race is on at 1330 (1:30pm) live from Bristol, TN:

http://www.nascar.com/

Bristol Motor Speedway is one of my favorite tracks as it's definitely a "Rubbin' is Racin'" type of track. It's just over a half mile around and the corners are 36 degrees banked and there's 160,000 seats in this baby:

http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/bms/index.html

Besides that, there's plenty of other sports on today to include baseball, basketball, golf, hockey, tennis and soccer. The BBQ will be on and there will be ceegars being toasted as well. I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys a favorite or two or......... :D

Stogieman 03-23-2009 03:49 AM

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, it was a relaxing weekend filled with sports on the tube and plenty of good BBQ and good weather. This week should go by rather quickly as it's filled with meetings at work in preperation of graduation here at West Point. Also, one of my nieces is getting married Saturday, so we have to prepare for that. College basketball is in full swing, MLB is about ready to start thier regular season and NASCAR is in week six. All in all, this is my favorite time of the year and the weather is cooperating as well. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it......... :tu

Stogieman 03-24-2009 03:57 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, single game tickets to Yankees home games go on sale today at 1000 (10am):

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/ticke...egametix032009

I'm sure that thier server will be busy but I'll be on it as well picking out a few games to check out the Bombers at home in thier new stadium. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite cigar if you get the chance........ :ss

Stogieman 03-25-2009 03:50 AM

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 and hopefully it'll be a nice day out. It's Hump Day and a number of us (roughly 70) are off this Friday going up to Cooperstown, NY to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. Our local classic rock channel, 101.5 WPDH set up the trip and it's all free to include a full buffet for lunch. There's a VFW right across the street which allows smoking and has dollar drafts all afternoon :D . I hope everyone has a great day and gets to smoke a favorite ceegar....... :)

cle_smoker 03-25-2009 06:16 AM

Never been to Cooperstown, but it is on my places to visit list. Have a great time.

MedicCook 03-25-2009 07:04 AM

Have a good time Charlie. I plan on making a trip out there after Rickey gets inducted. Have not been there in many years.

Stogieman 03-27-2009 03:42 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, we had good time last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar as always. We had the regular Thursday night crowd along with LouieD (quickly becoming a weekly regular) and Carlos (Saxjazzman). Today we're heading up to the Baseball Hall of Fame in a couple of hours on the WPDH bus ride, should be another good trip. The weather looks to be nice up there with temps in the mid 50s and partly sunny:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-74.9277&e=1

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........ :tu

MedicCook 03-27-2009 08:06 AM

Have fun at the HOF. I plan on going up after Rickey gets inducted this summer.

Stogieman 03-29-2009 07:33 AM

Good morning all and again, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is my choice of coffee this morning. Yesterday's wedding was a blast as everyone had a great time. Today we have baseball, basketball, golf, hockey, tennis and NASCAR on the TV. I'll be heading over to one of my nephew's house to share a couple of ceegars and watch the race as the ladies are going over to Eisenhower Hall on West Point to catch the Broadway play "HAIRSPRAY":

http://www.eisenhowerhall.com/artists.htm#11

I'm sure that the ladies will be having a good time as well as we will be smoking ceegars and watching the race. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys a favorite or two or......... :tu

Stogieman 03-30-2009 04:33 AM

Good morning all and yes, as always the coffee is on. Had a good day yesterday spending the better part of it over at my nephew's taking down an old gazeebo and then adjusting the garage door so it can go up and down like it use too. Then a number of us sat out on his front porch smoking Monte Cristos and talking world news. I set the DVR to record the NASCAR race from Martinsville, VA and watched that last night which was a good one with Jimmie Johnson winning it and all of the Hendrick cars finishing in the top 8 postions. Also, the Final Four has been decided and this year we have Michigan St. vs. UConn and Villanova vs. UNC:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...s/viewable_men

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites all through it......... :D

Oh yeah, we are 32 days from CigarFest 2009!!!!

Stogieman 03-31-2009 04:11 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. There's no much going on today, just another day at the office with meetings and the unexpected emergency that might pop up. Well, we are 6 days from "Open Day" for MLB and I can hardly wait. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it....... :D

Stogieman 04-01-2009 04:34 AM

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, it's "Hump Day" and I can hardly wait till the weekend and relax as this week is a hectic one. We have a major exercise this Friday here at West Point (Stadium Evacuation) which is an annual requirement prior to Graduation. All the while, we have our day to day operation as well as preparing for next week's exercise (Civil Disturbance - Protest) which is also an annual requirement. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good week and enjoying a few of your favorites when you get the chance........ :D

Stogieman 04-02-2009 03:49 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, with yesterday being the 1st of April, there were a few fools tricks being played on some. As long as it's only onced the year, I don't mind it. Today will be another busy one with all the members of the Emergency Operations Center coming in various times to do thier communication checks and set stuff up for tomorrow. Then today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoy cigars and relaxing a bit all the while catching up on all the world news. If you have a couple of hours and you're close by, come on over and join in on the fun. If you're not a local S/BOTL, I hope you have a relaxing evening as well and enjoy a favorite cigar or two while you're at it......... :tu

Oh yeah, "Opening Day" for MLB is in 4 days!!!!!!

Stogieman 04-03-2009 04:34 AM

Good morning everyone and a big TGIF!!!!!! I have to get going in a little bit for the Stadium Evac Exercise so just to recap last night, we had a great time. It was good to see LouieD and the rest of the Thursday night crowd. We defintely talked world news and enjoyed a few primo sticks while we were at it. We also discussed CigarFest 2009 and that our tickets arrived this week. We do have two of our brothers that are still looking for tickets so if anyone know of a couple that are available, please let me know. Well, I got to run and get ready for work so I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy......... :D

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!

silentjon 04-03-2009 05:08 AM

I definitely looking forward to Cigar Fest. :ss

Stogieman 04-04-2009 07:31 AM

Good morning all and I decided to sleep in a bit and catch up on some needed sleep. The coffee is on and I'm gonna make a nice eggs, bacon, toast, etc. breakfast for Beth and I in a few. I've got a little running around to do this morning and I'll probably stop by at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars afterwards. This afternoon I'll be watching the NASCAR Nationwide Series race from Texas Motor Speedway and most likely throw something tastey on the BBQ. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a few of your favorites as well........ :tu

ChicagoWhiteSox 04-04-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stogieman (Post 319929)
Good morning all and I decided to sleep in a bit and catch up on some needed sleep. The coffee is on and I'm gonna make a nice eggs, bacon, toast, etc. breakfast for Beth and I in a few. I've got a little running around to do this morning and I'll probably stop by at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars afterwards. This afternoon I'll be watching the NASCAR Nationwide Series race from Texas Motor Speedway and most likely throw something tastey on the BBQ. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a few of your favorites as well........ :tu

Enjoy your saturday as well:tu

Stogieman 04-05-2009 05:56 AM

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso in on. Congrats to Michigan State and North Carolina both advancing to the Final game to see who will be the 2009 Champ this coming Monday evening. Today the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be on at 1330 (1:30pm) on FOX. Hopefully Dale Earnhardt Jr. driving the #88 Amp/National Guard Chevrolet has a good day and finishes in the top 5 if not winning it all. As long as Kyle Busch doesn't win it or finish ahead of Junior, it's a good race in my opinion :D . Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy it......... :)

Stogieman 04-06-2009 04:28 AM

Good morning everyone and as always, the coffee is on. It was a great day yesterday weather wise, we had sun the entire day with temps in the low 60s. I started the day off with a trip to Adams Fairacre Farms Market where they have fresh fruits, vegies, etc. http://www.adamsfarms.com/foods.htm. Then it was time to kick back and get ready for the NASCAR Sprint Cup series race from Texas. I sat out on the back deck with a Partagas Serie D No.3 Edicion 2006 which was very tastey. Congrats to Jeff Gordon for the win and breaking a 47 race winless streak. Well, today is opening season for MLB and the Yankees take on the Baltimore Orioles at 1605 (4:05pm) at Camden Yards. Hopefully the game goes off as they are calling for 70% chance of rain with thunderstorms in the area. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great week and hopefully enjoy a few of your favorites through out it........ :ss

Stogieman 04-07-2009 04:40 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, yesterday was not a "Opening Day" for the Yankees as the Orioles beat them 10 - 5. On the other hand, Beth was happy to see the Mets win over the Reds, 2 - 1. Also, congrats to the UNC Tar Heels that beat the Michigan State Spartans 89 - 72 to claim the 2009 college basketball championship:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/gameTrax?gameId=200904060413&refreshRate=30&MSNHPH CP>1=39002

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys....... :ss

silentjon 04-07-2009 05:00 AM

Is it football season yet? :)

Stogieman 04-08-2009 04:53 AM

Good morning all and Happy Hump Day!!! The coffee is on and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. Congrats to the UConn women as the won their 6th title and went 39 - 0 for the season:

http://espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=294000063

As far as today, both the Yankees and the Mets are on tonight at 1905 (7:05pm). It's good to see we are back to regular season for the MLB which means that the warmer weather is heading our way. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or......... :ss

Stogieman 04-09-2009 03:55 AM

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees are 0 and 2 and play again today at 1335 (1:35pm) live from Camden Yards. The Bombers were down 7 - 1 and all most came back and lost 7 - 5:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Well, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoy cigars and a couple of cold ones while catching up on this week's world news. If you're free for a couple of hours and you're close by, come on over and join in on the fun. If you're not a local S/BOTL, I hope you have a great evening as well and enjoy......... :tu

Stogieman 04-10-2009 04:03 AM

Good morning all and a big TGIF!!!!!! We had a good time last night at Schlesingers enjoying primo sticks and the company of all the S/BOTL coming out. It was good seeing Beth (NotAquitter) out as she is normally busy on Thursday evenings along with a few other new faces. Well, it was good to see the Yankees win big yesterday 11 - 2 over the Orioles. Today they are playing at 1610 (4:10pm) versus the Royals out there in Kansas City. Hopefully they can keep the winning streak going through the weekend. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend and enjoys........ :tu

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!!

Stogieman 04-11-2009 06:33 AM

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on this fine Saturday morning. Well, it was good to see the Yankees win again yesterday with a 4 - 1 victory over the Royales. They'll be back at it again tonight at 1910 (7:10pm) and lets keep the straek going. This afternoon there is a NASCAR Nationwide Series race on live from Nashville raceway at 1500 (3pm). So as long as the weather isn't too bad, I should be out on the back deck with the BBQ on and smoking a favorite stogie or two. I hope everyone has a super saturday and enjoys it as well........ :ss

Stogieman 04-12-2009 05:30 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. A big thumbs up for the Bronx Bombers at they won again 6 - 1 over the Royals giving CC Sabathia his 1st win of the season. They'll finish up their 3 game series today at 1410 (2:10pm) with Joba Chamberlain on the mound for the Yankees. Also yesterday, the NASCAR race from Nashville was an exciting one and a big thumbs up to Joey Logano for holding off his team mate Kyle Busch for the win. This morning we have a number of family members coming over for brunch so I better get going and help out Beth with what ever needs to get done. So I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a couple of your favorites....... :tu

Happy Easter!!!!

Starscream 04-12-2009 06:32 AM

Good morning and the Reds need to win today.

Stogieman 04-13-2009 03:55 AM

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, yesterday's Yankees / Royals game was back and forth all through out it and the Royals went ahead in the bottom of the 8th and never looked back. Tonight they'll be in Tampa Bay at 1908 (7:08pm) with Wang starting on the mound for the Bombers. Either way we had a great day yesterday with a house full of family and friends over for brunch and then Beth and I went over in the afternoon to one of her sisters for Easter dinner. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it......... :)

Oh yeah, CigarFest 2009 is only 18 days away!!!!!!!!

Stogieman 04-14-2009 04:45 AM

Good morning everyone and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, it was a major blow out for the Yankees last night with a 15 - 5 loss. The one thing that was cool though is Nick Swisher (outfielder / 1st baseman) got the chance to pitch the 8th inning and give the bullpen a break. He got the 3 outs needed and even recorded a strike out:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

They'll be back at it tonight again at 1908 (7:08pm) and hopefully the tides will change in the Bombers favor. Anyway, I hope all of you have a good day and enjoy........ :)

Starscream 04-14-2009 08:02 AM

Good morning and the Reds squeaked out another win thanks to a grand slam by Edwin Encarnacion.

Stogieman 04-15-2009 04:06 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, it was good to see the Yankees bounce back from that beating they received Monday evening with a win last night. A.J. Burnett had a no-hitter going into the 7th inning but a single stopped that and the final score was 7 - 2. They are back at it for one more today at 1608 (4:08pm) and hopefully they'll end up with another W before heading home for tomorrow's home opener in the brand new Yankees Stadium. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or........ :ss

Stogieman 04-16-2009 04:08 AM

Good morning everyone and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, since yesterday was Tax Day, I went to the "Tea Party of the Hudson Valley" last night with my boss. There was a good 3 to 4 thousand people in attendance and we got to exercise two of our Rights; Freedom of Speach & Assembly:

http://www.fishkillteaparty.com/

There must have been good karma in the air as the Bronx Bombers came back in the top of the 9th inning and won thier game 4 - 3. Today is "Opening Day" at the new Yankees Stadium, it would be great if they can keep the streak up and win today. Also, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and friendship of our S / BOTL. If you're in the area stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope you have a great day and enjoy a favorite cigar as well....... :D

Stogieman 04-17-2009 06:06 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'm heading to Manhattan today with Beth in a little bit. We are going to spend the day in the city shopping (cigar store stops are mandatory), walking through Cental Park, having dinner at Mocha Hungarian http://local.yahoo.com/info-11136424...New+York%2C+NY and then stopping at a local watering hole for a couple of cold beers. We're going to stop by Nat Shermans and see the great folks there and see how the lounge ended up as the last time I was there it was still in the working progress. Well, yesterday the Yankees got there butts kicked and hopefully they rebound with a win today. Also last night we had a good time at Schlesingers, it was great to see Israel (uptown_isy) and all the regulars come out since the weather is getting nice out. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and TGIF........ :tu

cle_smoker 04-17-2009 07:13 AM

Sounds like you have planned a fantastic day. Enjoy!

Stogieman 04-18-2009 07:40 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well our trip to the City was very good yesterday. Perfect weather with temps in the low 70s and sunny. It was good to see the Yankees win and hopefully they keep doin' it. Tonight the NASCAR racers are in Phoenix at 2000 (8pm) in a good ole' Saturday night shootout:

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/

The Yankees are on at 1540 (3:40pm) on FOX which will round out the day full of sports and entertainment for everyone. The BBQ will be on and I'll be outback enjoying primo sticks on the back deck. I hope everyone gets to do the same and has a great weekend as well........ :ss

Stogieman 04-20-2009 03:50 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on always and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. Saturday evening we had a one of our neice's stay over and the computer is in that room. By the time we had breakfast and got all cleaned up, it was close to noon and I wanted to get a few things done. Plus the Yankees loss Saturday didn't give me any reason to do anything special on-line. Yesterday on the other hand, they won and split the 4 game series with Cleveland 2 a piece. Oakland is in town now and they'll be at it tonight at 1905 (7:05pm) with Andy Pettitte on the mound. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great week and enjoy a few of your favorites through out it....... :ss

Stogieman 04-21-2009 04:28 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's still raining outside since yesterday. The Yankees were rained out last night and the weather guessers say that this trend will continue through tomorrow:

Beth is a Mets fan and we have tickets for Saturday's game and they are predicting upper 70s and sunny. Should be a great day for a ball game and it will be nice to see the new stadium as well. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy....... :tu

Starscream 04-21-2009 06:55 AM

Good morning, no coffee today and the Reds won last night. Only half a game out of first place!

Stogieman 04-22-2009 04:29 AM

Good morning all and yes the coffee is on for "Hump Day". Well, it was good to see the Bronx Bombers win another one with a final score of 5 - 3. Pettitte looked outstanding for 7 innings and Rivera was unstopable as a colser again:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Today the Yanks have a day game with a start time of 1305 (1:05pm) and hopefully CC Sabathia can put up another W for the team. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or......... :)

Starscream 04-22-2009 05:03 AM

Good morning, coffee is on here today. I got mad and turned off the radio on the Reds/Cubs game last night. 7-2 when I stopped listening. Haven't checked the final, but hope it's not too embarrassing.

Stogieman 04-23-2009 03:49 AM

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well yesterday's Yankees / A's baseball game was a good one. It went into the bottom of the 14th inning and Melky Cabrera hit a two-run homer winning it for the Bombers, 9 - 7. They are off today and will be in Boston tomorrow evening at 1910 (7:10pm) taking on thier rival Red Sox. Well, since today is Thursday and all, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson valley Cigars this evening around 1900 (7pm) enjoying primo ceegars and catching up on the world news. If you're in the area and have a couple of hours of free time, stop on by and join us. If you're not in the neighborhood, I hope you enjoy and have a great time as well....... :ss

Oh yeah, we are 8 days from CigarFest 2009 weekend!!!!!!

Stogieman 04-24-2009 04:19 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and a big TGIF!!!!! Well, we had a great time last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars with a packed house to include LouieD (who is now definitely a Thursday night club member) and a good 50 other S / BOTL. The big talk was next weeks CigarFest 2009 and we have a good dozen or so of us heading out Friday at noon sharp. As far as this weekend, the Yankees are in Boston with the 1st game this evening at 1910 (7:10pm) with Joba Chamberlain startin' on the mound for the Bombers. Also, NASCAR is at the biggest track on the curcuit, Talladega Superspeedway: http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/tal/index.html. There is also the NHL playoffs in full force as well as the PGA and other sporting events all weekend. Since Beth is a big time Mets fan, we are going to see them play the Nationals tomorrow down at the new Citi Field. Should be a great day weather wise and hopefully I can get a cigar in while we are tailgating down in Queens, NY. I hope everyone has a super weekend and gets to enjoy the great weather as well with a couple of your favorites........ :tu

Stogieman 04-25-2009 05:44 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, Mariano blew a save last night in the bottom of the 9th and the Sox had a solo homer in the 11th to win 5 - 4. They'll be back at today at Fenway at 1610 (4:10pm) and hopefully A.J. Burnett has another good outing and we tie up this series. We're heading out in a bit to Queens, NY to the new Citi Field to catch the Mets vs. Nationals game which has the 1st pitch going off at 1310 (1:10pm). I should be a great day to be out at a ball game as the weather guessers are predicting the temps to be in the mid 80s and sunny:

I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a few of thier favorites as well........ :ss