Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The last brand that blew your socks off? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74153)

hammondc 05-22-2018 06:33 AM

The last brand that blew your socks off?

When I first started smoking cigars 20ish years ago, it was the Padron brand that got me hooked. To this day, Padron has a special place in my heart and I still smoke a lot of them. Next in the late 2000's it was Oliva with the MB1 (RIP)

I have recently discovered the Curivari brand. I have tried all of them....Reserva Limitada, GdLGD, Achilles, Buenaventura. ALL of them are outstanding. They have these little Petit Cafe (4.5 X 42) that are simply killer short smokes.

What was the last brand that you became a bit obsessed with?

CigarNut 05-22-2018 07:57 AM

Re: The last brand that blew your socks off?

I like the Surrogates Cracker Crumbs by L'Atelier -- 4 1/2 by 38. Great little cigar! Also the Padron Corticos Maduro -- 4 1/5 by 35 -- always great!

Hippi3Slay3r 05-22-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammondc (Post 2152380)
I have recently discovered the Curivari brand. I have tried all of them....Reserva Limitada, GdLGD, Achilles, Buenaventura. ALL of them are outstanding. They have these little Petit Cafe (4.5 X 42) that are simply killer short smokes.

What was the last brand that you became a bit obsessed with?

Oh man I love those petit cafe's it's the only cigar I've ever stockpiled in obscene quantities at one point I had 14 boxes of 10 that I was sniping for $20-$30 at auction. The only thing that's caught my attention in the past few years is the Warped futuro, I'm a sucker for anything that has pizza dough in its profile.

HighSierraSmokin 05-22-2018 09:03 AM

I'm loving the Esteban Carreras stuff right now. Particularly the Chupacabra toro.

dave 05-22-2018 09:29 AM

RoMa Craft - fairly quickly rose to the top and stayed for a long time -- Seems to be much more readily available lately, and I suppose that increased production levels MAY be why I've had a couple of less than perfect rolls in recent weeks (That is NOT an indictment yet - I smoke one or two nearly every day.)

Brian D. 05-22-2018 11:58 AM

Guayacan, especially the maduro. Closest place to me that carries the brand is about 50 miles away. I have reached out to the brand owner several times about coming here and doing events.

mosesbotbol 05-22-2018 01:10 PM

I had a cigar made in Italy (sure someone here know the name of them) that came in a smallish figurado. Burned slow and was really impressive. Let off a lot of smoke and went for a while. Quality cigar that is worth checking out.

hammondc 05-22-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 2152409)
Guayacan, especially the maduro. Closest place to me that carries the brand is about 50 miles away. I have reached out to the brand owner several times about coming here and doing events.

I will add these to my list to try

kelmac07 05-22-2018 02:20 PM

A few years ago, it was Viaje...until they started obtaining their tobacco from elsewhere. Now their stuff is just ok...not blow my socks off like they did in the first few years of existence.

RoMa Craft also comes to mind, when they first came out, their sticks were remarkable.

The Black Label Trading Company has blown my socks off the last few months. Everything I've smoked from them has been amazing. Currently trying to smoke everything in their line. The Catacomb & Bishop have been the two best sticks I've smoked in the past two years.

dvickery 05-22-2018 05:51 PM

Upmann half coronas ... best new release from HSA ever ... 2011 I think .

They will be coming up to their ten year try in a year or two ... anxiously waiting .

Got original release half coronas ... cherish them .

Derrek

icehog3 05-22-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvickery (Post 2152447)
Got original release half coronas ... cherish them .

I did, Derrek. Smoked every one of them lovingly. :D

Weelok 05-22-2018 07:39 PM

Ezra Zion All My Ex’s Maduro, Ezra Zion Eminence, EZ Jamais Vu, EZ Tantrum. Buy them and if you dislike them, I will be happy to have you send them my way so you can be rid of them.

I’m with Mac on Viaje, generally gone down but the Viaje Exclusivo Line is still great.

Roma Craft kicks ass.

Tatuaje Avion or Fausto.

Warped.

Go Forty Niners and F Seattle.

hammondc 05-24-2018 05:00 AM

Ezra Zion is on my list now too!

I'll look into the HU HCs. I've never been crazy for anything from Upmann, but I will give a box or two a try.