Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Most satisfying box purchase? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63866)

MUNKY 10-29-2013 09:00 PM

Most satisfying box purchase?

Curious as to what every ones most satisfying box purchase has been so far? For me I would have to say oddly enough my box purchase of the My Father El Centurion Toro would be mine. Doesn't matter when or where but this stick is awesome and never fails. What is yours? -(P

Remo 10-29-2013 09:05 PM

Re: Most satisfying box purchase?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUNKY (Post 1894455)
Curious as to what every ones most satisfying box purchase has been so far? For me I would have to say oddly enough my box purchase of the My Father El Centurion Toro would be mine. Doesn't matter when or where but this stick is awesome and never fails. What is yours? -(P

Great choice Brandon....for me NC Tat Black PL...always on :tu

big_jaygee 10-29-2013 09:07 PM

601 blue robusto or genesis the project robusto

both are great cigars and have yet to disappoint, they age beautifully as well

Zane 10-29-2013 09:08 PM

I have to say my box of herrera esteli.

TJarv 10-29-2013 09:27 PM

Mine would have to be my 6 year old DPG Cuban Classic Robustos

T.G 10-29-2013 09:57 PM

The Gurkhas that Tom likes.

AdamJoshua 10-29-2013 10:14 PM

My ex-wife, trust me I paid for it but at the time...

oh I think I misunderstood the thread.

44stampede 10-29-2013 10:21 PM

My first ever. A box of Monte #4 for the birth of my son.

icehog3 10-30-2013 12:17 AM

While the two Adams have tickled my funny bone, I will be serious. Ones that come to mind are a box of 2005 RASCC purchased in '05 and boxes of '06 Boli RCs and CGs bought in '06. These sticks turned to magic over the years, and all but 1 or 2 of the CGs are gone. Nothing more satisfying than buying an ordinary box of fresh cigars, and having them turn to magic in your own humi. :2

maninblack 10-30-2013 04:28 AM

Liga Privada #9 beli's

kelmac07 10-30-2013 05:09 AM

RoMa Craft Cromagnon Antropology...have not had a bad one in the two boxes I've torched through. But the same can be said about my beloved 601 Blues too. Burning through one of my last boxes of the original release from 2008 and these have aged wonderfully. :dr :dr :dr

mosesbotbol 10-30-2013 05:51 AM

'01 QdO Coronas. '01 is not a good year in general for Habanos, but the 3 boxes I had of this cigar all really rocked! Truly missed cigars.

Hippi3Slay3r 10-30-2013 06:10 AM

I'd say it was my two boxes of mag 48s I snapped them up as a blind buy for $135 a box this cigar was great fresh and has only improved with time sadly I think I'm down to my last 3-4 :(

xFreebirdx 10-30-2013 06:12 AM

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Grand Robusto's

czerbe 10-30-2013 06:38 AM

To be honest one of the best boxes I have purchased is the CAO La Traviatas they are a great everyday go to stick

shilala 10-30-2013 07:26 AM

A box of 2000 Punch RS11's. They're glorious.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX 10-30-2013 11:25 AM

I would have to say my box of Ramon Bueso, Genesis the Project Robustos. I bought the box without trying one first and continue to be impressed each time I burn through one. They keep getting better the longer they sit in my Humidor too. This was also special because it was the first box of cigars I ever purchased. I was the 5-pack king up until that point.

markem 10-30-2013 11:38 AM

Tastes and memories change, so I'm going to go with what I currently have in hand.

My most satisfying box purchase has to be the green box sir winstons. I haven't opened them yet and they may be junk for all I know, but I've been looking for years and finally got one. Most satisfying.

The most satisfying smoke from a box purchase is probably a tie between the 02 cab of Party Lonsdales (way better than the 98s, IMO) and the 02 HU PCs.

I must also add that, over the years, I have had the good fortune to gift various boxes to amazing and deserving people whom I know. Those are the most valued boxes that I have purchased, even though I did not know that I was going to gift them when I bought them.

jjirons69 10-30-2013 03:04 PM

'02 LGC #1s. Have several left. They are very tasty and always satisfies.

bruceolee 10-30-2013 04:29 PM

If all arrives safely my most recent purchase. I'll update if and when I have the good news :ss

eber 10-30-2013 04:56 PM

I would have to say my most satisfying purchase would be my '03 50CAB of HDM Des Dieux. Every stick I have smoked has been perfectly constructed and delicious.

Big Maduro 11-02-2013 12:15 PM

Ligand Undercrown Grand Toro. Everyone perfect construction and fantastic taste

ripper 11-02-2013 01:29 PM

Got to be a cigar with one of the most laborious names in smokedom: Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo El Martillo. Love the zesty dark corojo wrapper on this emphatic cigar in my fave shape 5.5 x 54.
And the box's sturdy Drew Estate construction of heavy wood is a bonus.
The boxed cigars i've nabbed at cigarbid do not have cello. But the 10-packs do. No matter as I have quit smoking cellophane.
Cannot get enuf of this wonderful cigar.

mahtofire14 11-02-2013 03:22 PM

2009 Oliva V Maduro. Gonna need to find another box pretty soon...:fp

E.J. 11-02-2013 05:33 PM

Tough call... But if I was pinned down, probably a blind purchase of some OR DPG Centurion Robos(G'). Got them super cheap from Holts, which adds to the bonus. Close 2nds, HUp Mag 48's or some JL2's('08-'09?'s) that I split, that smoked like graham crackers.

Adriftpanda 11-02-2013 05:39 PM

Most satisfying, probably my first box purchase. Monte #2, I remember the day the box came in, I was so juiced up that it even went on a car ride with me to the store.

pektel 11-02-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markem (Post 1894588)
Tastes and memories change, so I'm going to go with what I currently have in hand.

My most satisfying box purchase has to be the green box sir winstons. I haven't opened them yet and they may be junk for all I know, but I've been looking for years and finally got one. Most satisfying.

The most satisfying smoke from a box purchase is probably a tie between the 02 cab of Party Lonsdales (way better than the 98s, IMO) and the 02 HU PCs.

I must also add that, over the years, I have had the good fortune to gift various boxes to amazing and deserving people whom I know. Those are the most valued boxes that I have purchased, even though I did not know that I was going to gift them when I bought them.

Wow, green box sir Winnies. That's awesome. Tip o'the hat to you sir. :tu

My most satisfying boxes purchased I can only narrow down to three:

05 PLPC
A little under a half cab o 04 HdM DC
A ten count box of 04 Sig VI

All were purchased from a private seller getting out of the hobby back in 2010ish. Also got a fiver of 05 CCE's, and a fiver of bandless cc's (3 of which im pretty darn sure are/were p lonsdales).

I spent a lot of money that month. But TOTALLY worth it. :D

montecristo#2 11-02-2013 10:50 PM

07 DPG Lanceros from Puff-n-Stuff - only 100 boxes of 20 were made. Still have 3 boxes and cannot get myself to break them. lol

RevSmoke 11-02-2013 11:29 PM

Wow, that's tough.

My first box was a box of Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduros in 1980 - yummy stuff.

Then a box of Punch Super Rothschilds - 1991.

Recently, my box of H.Uppman Mag 50s, have 2 left.

I must also say the box of Oliva V Melanio Petite Coronas.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

sofaman 11-03-2013 06:57 AM

Mine would have to be a box of Padron 26 #35 maduros:dr:dr:dr

CigarInspector 11-12-2013 11:59 AM

This is a tough question. There have been so many great boxes of cigars over the years, but the one that jumped to mind first was my box of Padron 3000 Naturals. I am halfway through the box of 26 and can say those first 13 were fantastic.

Another one that jumped to mind was my Rocky Patel Private Cellar Toro. I bought these on a whim, even after reading a less than stunning review on Cigar Inspector. I am only through the first 5 of this box, but they have been very nice smokes.

Porch Dweller 11-12-2013 02:57 PM

I'd have to go with a box of Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robustos a few years back. Why, you ask? Thanks for asking, I reply. I'd been smoking cigars for years, but only occasionally and not with any scrutiny towards what I was smoking. I got stationed in Europe and had access to CCs, so started smoking more but still without any kind of introspection; I'd have a Swisher Sweet one week and a Punch Punch the next with little thought to either.

Then one day while I was deployed to the Middle East I had a CC Cohiba that was so friggin' good it made me want to become a cigar smoker, not just someone who occasionally had a cigar. After my deployment my wife and I came back to the states...and no more CCs. So I started hitting the on-line sites and buying tons of samplers, trying a little of everything to try and see what I liked and more importantly what I didn't. I did that for almost a year and then made my first box purchase, the Lot 23s.

So it's probably my most satisfying mainly for what it represented: my transition from an occasional smoker who paid little attention to what I was smoking to a full-blown cigar enthusiast.

Whipper Snapper 11-12-2013 04:36 PM

I bet Tom could answer on my behalf

icehog3 11-12-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whipper Snapper (Post 1898769)

SCdlH El Principes? :D

Whipper Snapper 11-12-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1898774)
SCdlH El Principes? :D

How'd you know dude?
I am actually thinking of hopping back into the hobby here soon. Gotta stop spending so much money on fishing first. Wonder what box(es) I should buy.

icehog3 11-12-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whipper Snapper (Post 1898867)
How'd you know dude?
I am actually thinking of hopping back into the hobby here soon. Gotta stop spending so much money on fishing first. Wonder what box(es) I should buy.

Can't go wrong with El Principes. :D

Sadden 11-18-2013 08:09 AM

My first box of padron 2000 comes to mind. Bought off a botl in calgary.

More recently 2 boxes of padron 1964's. Havent had the chance to try them yet but i already know these are gonna be excellent.

Devanmc 11-18-2013 08:13 AM

realistically? My Partages PCs, they never disappoint and are cheap.

equetefue 11-18-2013 09:13 AM

A box of BHK54's

Gabe215 11-18-2013 11:11 AM

Really like this thread!!

Too hard to choose, I have a lot of great CC boxes that I haven't even touched yet that I'm waiting to crack open one is a 11' Trini Rob E (waiting a very long time to open them I'm thinking when my 3 years old daughter gets married) and actually just got a box of '13 HDM DC that I very excited to try might light one up this upcoming 4th of July!

clickbangdead 11-19-2013 07:51 PM

Most satisfying box purchases? Has to have been all the boxes of the old blue-band Oliva Bold "O" I bought over the years. The cigar that got me into the hobby, and still my favorite. Only have 2-3 left, gonna be sad to see them ashed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bleez 11-19-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whipper Snapper (Post 1898769)

That review/thread actually persuaded me to buy my first box of ISOMs and The box of '11 SCdlH EPs have not disappointed...Thanks sirs!

icehog3 11-19-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleez (Post 1901028)
That review/thread actually persuaded me to buy my first box of ISOMs and The box of '11 SCdlH EPs have not disappointed...Thanks sirs!

:D :wo

Outlaw God 12-28-2013 09:07 PM

O so many great boxes........
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=8089

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=8100

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=8234

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=8235

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=8307

AdamJoshua 12-28-2013 09:20 PM

Edit: Opps not in public space.

bacari 01-13-2014 02:42 PM

I've purchased 4 boxes of Partagas 160 and I will purchase every one I am able to find.

Subvet642 01-13-2014 06:04 PM

My first box of LFdC Petit Coronas. I've never smoked through a box of anything so fast.

MrClean 01-13-2014 06:10 PM

I'm going to have to say the box of Short Story Maduros that I bought from Scott.
A very close second is the box of Monte No. 2's.