Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   CC's or NC's? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54652)

RichieBklyn 03-28-2012 09:12 PM

CC's or NC's?

It seems to me the more people smoke (years) they tend to lean toward CC's as better than NC's. Any truth to this? I can't seem to figure out why? I have smoked about 10 CC's, premium brands mostly when out of the US, bought at an LCD. I have not found CC's to taste better than NC's. What am I missing? :sh

markem 03-28-2012 09:17 PM

Re: CC's or NC's?

smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Doesn't matter what the others say, matters what you like.

Bill86 03-28-2012 09:21 PM

If you've tried them and don't like them you're not missing anything.

Also, what Mark said.

Mattso3000 03-28-2012 09:41 PM

I've generally found that Nicaraguan cigars suit my pallet best. CC's are good for a change of pace but are generally milder than what I enjoy. So, yeah, what Mark said.

emopunker2004 03-28-2012 09:47 PM

What make said. Some people prefer NCs, others CCs.

Mugen910 03-28-2012 09:55 PM

BMW. Or Audi ....Starbucks or coffee bean....titleist or taylormade....big booty or big knockers...whatever floats your boat man.

For me it is Volvo, good black coffee, whatever makes makes be a better golfer, hot women, and yummy cigars.

ArgusP2 03-28-2012 09:57 PM

How long have you been smoking cigars?
I've been smoking cigars for less than a year, April will be my one year mark. There are cigars that I really liked and enjoyed then that I don't even smoke anymore. I smoke cigars on both sides of your question.
Your palate will change and you will move on to another brand or even vitola of the same brand. So you didn't like/enjoy those CCs, could be your palate is more predisposed to NCs, for now. It could change then again it might not.

Of course it always comes down to this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by markem (Post 1602778)
smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Doesn't matter what the others say, matters what you like.

Enjoy!!

mithrilG60 03-28-2012 09:57 PM

I've heard that most CC's can't hold a candle to a certain vendor's sun growns in blind taste tests and that Cuba is actually net importer of tobacco so they're mostly NC anyways, :r ;s

Personally I smoke Cuban's almost exclusively, the only NC's I've found worth a second try are Padron's, Alec Bradley's and the Oliva V and O series. All the rest I've tried just don't appeal to my palate.

lilninjabuddy 03-28-2012 10:45 PM

I love, love the Cubans I've tried. Bolivar, Partegas, Monte, Cohiba... I've enjoyed some of the best smokes of my life from these marcas. But they could never turn me away from Liga Privada No 9's.

Sometimes you want chocolate cake, sometimes you want vanilla. Sometimes you want a porter, sometimes you want a IPA. No reason one has to be thought of as better than the other, they're just different.

The important thing, as was already stated, is smoke what ya like!

Mattso3000 03-28-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy (Post 1602851)
I love, love the Cubans I've tried. Bolivar, Partegas, Monte, Cohiba... I've enjoyed some of the best smokes of my life from these marcas. But they could never turn me away from Liga Privada No 9's.

Sometimes you want chocolate cake, sometimes you want vanilla. Sometimes you want a porter, sometimes you want a IPA. No reason one has to be thought of as better than the other, they're just different.

The important thing, as was already stated, is smoke what ya like!

Well said brother!

icehog3 03-28-2012 11:34 PM

Has anyone said "Smoke what you like, like what you smoke" yet?

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I prefer Cuban, but there are lots of great NCs out there if that's your taste.

Zeuceone 03-29-2012 12:19 AM

Like what you smoke, and smoke what you like. That's all i have to say about this.

jjirons69 03-29-2012 06:22 AM

The CCs I prefer actually are cheaper than most of the NCs I prefer. While I can't get CCs at the corner B&M, convenience is nice for NCs. To solve that, buy CCs in boxes or cabs. In the long run I come out cheaper and I get smokes that fit my palate the majority of the time. I do enjoy maduros from time to time and without breaking the bank, NCs are my only go to.

Subvet642 03-29-2012 06:26 AM

I like them both. :tu

OLS 03-29-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieBklyn (Post 1602773)
What am I missing? :sh

Nothing.
Why would you think you were missing something?
Do you like the cigars you smoke?

Also to all concerned.
A PALATE is something you taste with,
a PALLET is something you stack $hi+ on and
a PALETTE is something you smear paint on.

RevSmoke 03-29-2012 06:30 AM

Have been smoking cigars since 1980. I smoke some CCs, but predominantly NCs. I like both, but I'd say the majority of my rotation is made up of NCs.

All you need to do though, it make your palate happy, so smoke what you like.

If you're going to be a band smoker (someone smoking cigars so that everybody else will see the band and know what your smoking), all you'll ever be is miserable. And that is true for anything in life that you do to impress or look good to others.

Be yourself. Smoke/eat/drink/wear/drive what you like, and enjoy it.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Blak Smyth 03-29-2012 06:34 AM

I love CCs because they have so many wonderful small ring gauges available for a great price. I have been smoking strickly CCs for the last few weeks and am loving what I am finding. I will always be sucked back to NCs for great sticks like the L40 & FFP though. I prefer CCs most of the time as I do not feel the need to eat a large meal before hand like I do for many strong NCs.

kuzi16 03-29-2012 07:12 AM

in my experience the people that "only smoke Cubans" are full of it. after about 30 seconds of cigar discussion they show that they know virtually ZERO about cigars, let alone Cuban cigars.

...and their source is almost always "a friend of a friend who has family in Cuba"

shilala 03-29-2012 07:38 AM

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
Realize that our tastes change as we go through life, and variety is the spice.
I'm smoking LOTS of cc's right now and vastly enjoying them. So much so that I've excluded everything else, but I'm also not smoking much. I have plenty of nc's on hand that I truly love, and when I'm ready for them, they'll be ready for me.
You're not missing a thing.
I do tell guys that when they're new to cc's, it's important to ease up on the strong, heavy nic puros, etc. before giving them a shot. It allows the palette to recover and enjoy the milder cc's. That's not to say that cc's aren't strong, but on average, they're not as brutal as nic puros and dominican puros strength-wise.
If you've been smoking lots of real strong nc's as I've guessed you have, I've found that in my experience it's best to taper down that strength or take a break before launching a fair cc trial. I found that out via a bad head/chest cold that lasted forever and didn't allow me to smoke. When I was ready to pick up a cigar, I had a very nice fiver someone had shared with me and I wanted to give cc's another shot.
That threw a hook in me. Still, I didn't really get involved with cc's for a couple more years, at least.

Ashcan Bill 03-29-2012 07:39 AM

I smoke mainly Cubans, but like some NCs as well. So I guess I'm only partially full of it. :cool: