Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   CAO Criollo-Ghadaffi bites the dust (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=43056)

T.G 03-01-2011 02:04 PM

Re: CAO Criollo-Ghadaffi bites the dust

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_tuff (Post 1189258)
Should these be under cigar reviews or entertainment?

Is there a third option to pick from?

icehog3 03-01-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1189311)
Is there a third option to pick from?

Jokes.

CigarNut 03-01-2011 02:20 PM

You could always create new Banter thread for short fiction...

LostAbbott 03-01-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvilchez (Post 1188593)
So you agree that mixing politics, which if I'm not mistaken is not allowed on the boards, along with a review of a cigar goes hand in hand?

I think that you are taking the politics prohibition too far, While this write up clearly supports the removal of a dictator, I do not think it is something that is all that controversial, and I would say it is clearly tongue and cheek to begin with.

CigarNut 03-01-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvilchez (Post 1188593)
So you agree that mixing politics, which if I'm not mistaken is not allowed on the boards, along with a review of a cigar goes hand in hand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostAbbott (Post 1189490)
I think that you are taking the politics prohibition too far, While this write up clearly supports the removal of a dictator, I do not think it is something that is all that controversial, and I would say it is clearly tongue and cheek to begin with.

Normally, I stay out of these kinds of conversations, but for some reason I feel like putting my :2 in...

I have to agree with Jay on this. It is not an issue of whether the comment was too controversial. The fact that there is any question about how controversial it is means it was over the line. The rule for this forum is no politics. The fact that we are having so much discussion on this means that the comment was too political -- because if it were not political we would be talking about the review and the cigar rather than whether or not the comment was over the line.

Hiding a political comment in a story or review does not make the comment any less political...

'nuff said...

Zeuceone 03-01-2011 04:28 PM

ace ventura?

OLS 03-01-2011 04:58 PM

I know that you often say "People don't GET my reviews" on the pages where you post them, or that "It takes time for people
to GET my reviews." The problem is that while your right to post reviews that are more BS than review is respected, we
absolutely do not allow politics in this forum. The other no-no is something I personally forgot and transgressed on today.
...no religious discussion. I did not discuss religion per se', but it was enough to set a few people onto me, who otherwise
support my right to be myself, i.e. a pain in the a$$. So please, keep even what you consider to be cleverly concealed
political satire to yourself. Although I DO have to say that threads with titles like "Where my JEWS at?" sound like religion
to me. So who knows.

LostAbbott 03-01-2011 05:05 PM

I don't know I guess I just disagree that talking about getting rid of Quadiffie as political. Maybe current Affairs, World News etc. but not talking politics. Sure if he had said something about agreeing with the latest house bill or that he approves of David Cameron's plans for England I can see that as political but, talking about a revolution is a medium sized North African country that no one on here lives in or has probably been to is not something I would consider political.

Anyway sounds like a good stick and keep up the fun writing style add some pix next time and maybe some references to Alice.

OLS 03-01-2011 05:10 PM

It comes down to whether or not you value your membership here more than your right to slip into politics.
A lot of people come here and go, "Man this place is GREAT! It's NOTHING like all those forums filled with
seething A-Holes flinging their poo at every little thing and accusing everyone of being a troll. Well oddly enough,
the forum did not get that way because it was a secret or that only cool people sign up here. It came to be
based on an idea, an idea that is not easy to uphold. One way to ensure it stays the best on the web is to
have easy to understand rules that are enforced by the CA equivalent of rough men with guns. :D
Like the man said before, if a few people comment on it, it is generally understood to be close. TOO Close??
That's for the moderators to decide, but once they do, it will be swift with no recourse, lol.

-------------------------

Check HERE: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=43011 , post #29. I made what was deemed
in two succeeding posts to be a religious statement. (rule breakage) I did not argue about it, it died a quick death because
whether or not I thought I was right or wrong, I knew that it was best to drop the subject, since I may have violated the
spirit of the rule. MAN did I have more to say, but it was said in private.

icehog3 03-01-2011 05:25 PM

Don't mind me, I'm just a ToE.

OLS 03-01-2011 05:25 PM

Keep in mind, Mychal, that Phil considers himself to be a political satirist, or rather a satirist in general.
He has a blog for this kind of material. Whether he read the rules when he signed up or just clicked through
the statment stating that HE HAD, at CA, ignorance of the rules is not an excuse. Neither is this a place
that is going to boot him for a simple judgment call rules infraction. It would take a pattern, or a serious
offense, (I guess). I'm only a member. No one would bash a story of CAOs in outer space or something, this is
a current story about the head of a country, and elected or self-appointed, it's all politics by simple definition.
Opinions on civics-related matters at home or abroad, are by definition, politics. And like Tom said, Brad is not a mod. ;)

OLS 03-01-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1189584)

And a rougher guy with a gun there never was, lol.

Matt1951 03-01-2011 05:32 PM

I missed the politics. Nothing Republican or Democrat in there. Nice review!

md4958 03-01-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt1951 (Post 1189594)

You seriously think a political comment can be made only if Democrat or Republican is uttered?

OLS 03-01-2011 05:39 PM

haha, that's really something! I've got to read the other 7.

bvilchez 03-01-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1189607)
haha, that's really something! I've got to read the other 7.

:r:r:r:r

CigarNut 03-01-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1189584)

Does anyone mind you Tom? :r

icehog3 03-01-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt1951 (Post 1189594)

Three cheers for abortion!!!! :D :wo

That's not political right? I didn't say Democrat...

:rolleyes:

pnoon 03-01-2011 07:44 PM

What? No love fr Libertarians? :D

BlindedByScience 03-01-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_tuff (Post 1189258)
Should these be under cigar reviews or entertainment? I'm sorry but with all the story telling in a "review" how do I know the whole damn thing isn't made up, including smoking the cigar.

....this.

I like a good story as much as the next guy, but damn....