Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Boise State Field (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1439)

ucla695 10-17-2008 06:07 PM

Boise State Field

I'm sitting here watching the start of the Hawaii vs. Boise game and I still can't get used to the field. Can you imagine if each stadium (NCAA & NFL) had a field that match its team's colors. :bh Am I alone in this? Just wondering. :)

Buckeye Jack 10-17-2008 07:46 PM

Re: Boise State Field

I think it looks like crap. First time I ever saw it I thought there was something wrong with the color on my tv.

Mikey202 10-17-2008 07:57 PM

I'll watch any football game on tv, but never one on that field. It gets on my nerves for some reason.:bh

ucla695 10-17-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey202 (Post 17203)
I'll watch any football game on tv, but never one on that field. It gets on my nerves for some reason.:bh

Yes, there' something very distractingly wrong about it. :)

Mugen910 10-17-2008 08:12 PM

I tried to convince my friend's wife that their 42inch HD tv is broken and they need to get another one due to the football field being blue. :D

cigars_n_scotch 10-17-2008 10:52 PM

I cannot stand to watch a game on that field, it is so obnoxious and hard on the eyes.

TideRoll 10-17-2008 10:54 PM

I posted this on another board this eveneing, but it is still true: The last time I saw carpet that color it was on a pontoon boat.

Somewhere out there is the greatest artificial turf salesman ever to walk the face of this earth. I am in awe.

loki 10-17-2008 10:55 PM

I think it's kinda interesting yet annoying

DrDubzz 10-17-2008 11:38 PM

if it F's with the other team, I'd take it on my home turf

oooor I'd rather just be good and beat them on grass, Hook Em!

Bruzee 10-18-2008 03:44 AM

Gives me a headache to watch their games. But you have to admit, it is original and one of a kind! I hate Boise State.

taltos 10-18-2008 04:19 AM

I must be even more weird than I thought. I love that field and the way that their uniforms match it, almost like field turm cammie. I also enjoy watching them and will always appreciate them for the way that they struck a blow for smaller schools when they beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. They are always fun to watch.:al

macpappy 10-18-2008 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TideRoll (Post 17592)
I posted this on another board this eveneing, but it is still true: The last time I saw carpet that color it was on a pontoon boat.

Somewhere out there is the greatest artificial turf salesman ever to walk the face of this earth. I am in awe.

No. It was approved by some football hating college dean to embarrass the athletic department.

Mikey202 10-18-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TideRoll (Post 17592)

:D that's funny, but true.:D

NCRadioMan 10-18-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 17835)
I must be even more weird than I thought. I love that field and the way that their uniforms match it, almost like field turm cammie. I also enjoy watching them and will always appreciate them for the way that they struck a blow for smaller schools when they beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. They are always fun to watch.:al

I like it too. It's great to watch a game there in a snow storm.

madurolover 10-18-2008 11:08 AM

All I know is that the opposing teams usually hate it. ;)