Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48000)

shilala 08-01-2011 05:27 PM

Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

This thread went great last year, and we raised 385 sticks for the troops, plus some cutters and lighters. I figured we should do it just the same this year.

I will create a Yahoo League the same as last year, it'll be mostly default, but I'll be adjusting the scoring for high points and maximum fun.
There will be only ten players.
Buy in will be five premiums ($50.00 minimum value, NC and/or CC) and a fiver (minimum) for the troops, due prior to the first week's kickoff. There is no dollar value amount for the troop smokes. Usually, quantity is better. Absolutely no dog rockets, but know that they LOVE Acids and other flavored smokes. It's a good idea to buy (a few) nice house bundles to bust up for your weekly bets, and some premiums never hurt if you want to go that way.

Payout will be 30 smokes to first place, 20 for second place, and a bare minimum of 50 smokes to the troops. I hope we set break the 300 mark this year, that'd be insane. :tu
I can take care of receiving/sending smokes, I've done it a few times before without a hitch and I have lots of extra storage tubs.

I will personally put together a nice fiver for the winner of the playoff loser's bracket as an incentive to keep everyone involved to the end. If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops". We had tons of that going on last year and it made it super fun for everyone.
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be. If you cannot stay available for the entire season, please, please don't sign up, or find a brother or sister to step into your spot. Disappearing will just hurt what we're trying to do for the troops. We sure won't crucify you because we understand things happen, we just can't afford the normal two guys who quit after two weeks. Please take this seriously and approach it with the pride and respect the troops deserve.
You do not need to be a FF Genius to join, the guys will help you learn if necessary. The main thing is the desire to have fun and lose lots of bets so the troops win some sticks. :D

Live Draft will be announced asap. If you can't attend, your players will be picked for you by yahoo in the order of player ranking.

Only ten guys will be playing, I'll send invites to those who sign up.
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)

Please give a lot of thought to the "extra" prizes. Not to belabor the point, but this league is gonna cost you some smokes if it's going to be successful, especially for the troops. So take that into consideration very seriously.
If you're a gamer, you could end up buying a number of bundles for the troops if you lose weekly bets. Or you could end up making us other knuckleheads buy lots of smokes for the troops.
It's gonna take up some of your time, and a good amount of smack talking to keep guys on their toes.
We'll use this thread as out banter thread once we get all signed up and get the league going.
Thank You for your consideration!!! :tu!!!

jonumberone 08-01-2011 05:33 PM

Re: Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Scott, would love to do this again with ya! :tu

Bax 08-01-2011 06:24 PM

I'd love to play with ya!

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3.Bax (Tim)

jonumberone 08-01-2011 06:30 PM

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3.Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)

shilala 08-02-2011 08:47 AM

Okay guys, I think this is the url to go sign up. If not, will someone please post the correct address?
For signup, the team name is Cigar Asylum 4 and the pass is cafootball.
In a perfect world, I had hoped to say this before anyone signed up, but please, please, please use your CA screen name for (or in) your team name. Something like shilala's steelers would be fine. It's near impossible to figure out who you're playing, who you're betting, and who is doing what if you don't.
For instance, I played Dom last year, recognized his team name, and had no idea who he was until I came back here and used my near genius powers of deduction.

shilala 08-02-2011 08:56 AM

Oh, other good news...
When I went to Yahoo, all I needed to do was renew the league. All the settings are exactly the same as last year, or so I think. I'll double check to make sure that's so. I think there was something to do with kickers last year that didn't seem right that I wanted to change after the season got going, but I can't remember what it was.
I'll see if there's anything that would make for higher scoring, but in the same vein as last year.
New guys, make sure to check out the point structure before the draft. Ours is different than you may have experienced in the past, it's really geared to the player's personal positive achievement, so they don't get points just for showing up. For instance, there's no points per carry for running backs. To get 14 points for a guy who nets 8 yards just doesn't feel right, ya know?
Anyways, take a good look so you understand the strategy.
If I make any changes, I will post them here immediately if not sooner. :tu

shilala 08-03-2011 02:43 PM

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)

Coach Deg 08-03-2011 03:53 PM

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6.coach Deg

I will make the first bet. I will bet a 5er for the troops that I will score more points then you week 1!!!!! Anyone else that confident????? All bets will be accepted before draft. And each individual bet is your points versus mine!

jkim05 08-03-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Deg (Post 1359870)
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6. coach Deg
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)

I will make the first bet. I will bet a 5er for the troops that I will score more points then you week 1!!!!! Anyone else that confident????? All bets will be accepted before draft. And each individual bet is your points versus mine!

I'm in for the league and I'll take you up on that bet as well.

jonumberone 08-03-2011 04:40 PM

+1 on the bet!

Coach Deg 08-03-2011 08:33 PM

Bump!

Mattso3000 08-03-2011 08:39 PM

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6.coach Deg
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt)

I'll take that action on the bet as well.

Mattso3000 08-03-2011 08:45 PM

What is the league ID? Yahoo will not let me enter without it. PM please.

Coach Deg 08-03-2011 08:46 PM

Now we are talking!!!!

Ranger_B 08-03-2011 10:39 PM

Got room for a FNG to fantasy football. Never done it before but this seems to be a great thing your doing for my fellow warriors. If you would rather have a guy who knows what he is doing I understand let me know.

gnukfu 08-04-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger_B (Post 1360479)
Got room for a FNG to fantasy football. Never done it before but this seems to be a great thing your doing for my fellow warriors. If you would rather have a guy who knows what he is doing I understand let me know.

What makes you think we know what we're doing? :D

Heh none of us know what we are doing so you would fit in perfectly.

gnukfu 08-04-2011 04:46 AM

I signed up unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make the draft so I will probably end up with a better team than I would if I picked em myself.

Stephen 08-04-2011 07:15 AM

Second Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6.coach Deg
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt)
9. Stephen (draft date?)

Ranger_B 08-04-2011 07:55 AM

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. Bax (Tim)
4. Jonumberone (Dom)
5. gnukfu (George)
6.coach Deg
7. jkim05 (Jeremy)
8. mattso3000 (Matt)
9. Stephen (draft date?)
10.Ranger_b

Ill learn quick.

Mattso3000 08-04-2011 08:15 AM

Where is this draft going to be? Doubt I'll be able to make it live, but if I can't the players will be ranked.