Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Selling/Buying a house is stressfull! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58038)

BeerAdvocate 09-11-2012 11:11 AM

Selling/Buying a house is stressfull!

Our house has been on the market since June and what a stressfull process it has been. Trying to keep your house clean with 2 kids is next to impossible, open houses, low ball offers, bad feedback.....
We have found the house we want to buy but cant do anything until we sell ours. I told my wife that we will die in our new home, because I am never going through this process again! That is all, thanks for listening! -(P

maninblack 09-11-2012 11:16 AM

Re: Selling/Buying a house is stressfull!

Am not looking forward to selling our house (if we ever do), especially in this market. I stress out just buying vehicles, so I am sure this is 10x worse.

markem 09-11-2012 11:17 AM

Sending you good housing market karma, Travis. Very, very stressful, but worth it in the end. Hope you get the house of your dreams.

jluck 09-11-2012 11:20 AM

I can relate to this! Mine is a tough sell, Rural property, 32+ acres and priced just above what the average working family can afford in my demographic. It's stressful! I don't want to start my new property until this one sell with the screwy housing market. So here we sit.......:bh

It will work out when It's supposed to.

gorob23 09-11-2012 11:23 AM

I have done it a few times. The single best transaction was when the seller and I ( buyer) did it ourselves. NO AGENTS!

Go to Escrow open the account
take care of business...

Rob :tu

BeerAdvocate 09-11-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jluck (Post 1714519)
I can relate to this! Mine is a tough sell, Rural property, 32+ acres and priced just above what the average working family can afford in my demographic. It's stressful! I don't want to start my new property until this one sell with the screwy housing market. So here we sit.......:bh

It will work out when It's supposed to.

This is what I am looking for. Wanna trade houses and move to KS?

cricky101 09-11-2012 11:39 AM

It is stressful. We tried to sell my girlfriend's house (we're getting married soon and she moved into my place) for months with very little interest from anyone. We ended up turning it into a rental, which has worked out pretty well so far, but I've heard plenty of horror stories that still make me nervous.

hscmit 09-11-2012 12:37 PM

good luck

just finished up buying a new house

hotreds 09-11-2012 12:38 PM

Biggest purchase you will ever make!

IBQTEE1 09-11-2012 12:44 PM

Sending good karma your way.

tenbaseg 09-11-2012 01:49 PM

It's a horrible experience that's all forgotten when the new keys hit your hand. Best of luck!

CRIMPS 09-11-2012 04:39 PM

Always saw buying/selling as an adventure. Looking forward to putting our current house on the market in march.

Maybe you are looking at it all wrong. :2 Regardless, hoping things pic up and the rest of the process is smooth.

Boz 09-11-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricky101 (Post 1714530)
It is stressful. We tried to sell my girlfriend's house (we're getting married soon and she moved into my place) for months with very little interest from anyone. We ended up turning it into a rental, which has worked out pretty well so far, but I've heard plenty of horror stories that still make me nervous.

Same here. Tried to sell for months, then found the house we wanted and made an offer. Once that was accepted we decided to try and rent it and had it rented within days. That was only a couple months ago but so far so good :tu

jluck 09-12-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate (Post 1714528)
This is what I am looking for. Wanna trade houses and move to KS?

I don't think mama would go for it and it would be a helluva commute to the Oregon coast :r

chippewastud79 09-12-2012 11:35 AM

Have you tried renting? Like others have said, it is a viable option if you are open to doing so. With the right tenants, it can be one of the easiest experiences to move on to another home. :2